I wanted to incorporate some changes/feedback and place a greater emphasis on cap space.
Please mute if you're not interested; it's going to be long.
- competitiveness, obviously
- acquisition of trade chips
- a cap hit of around ~$60MM for maximum leverage
Let's start with the forwards.
TBL: C Yanni Gourde
We'd love to take a half-dozen of these guys. Gourde was TBL's 3rd most-used F in the playoffs; he's a fantastic two-way talent who has good totals at EV, PP and PK. He's instantly the most important forward on our team.
(In all seriousness, if you don't want to geek out on Kraken team-building, mute this thread.)
First, our objectives:
- obviously, win as many games as possible over the next five seasons
- secondly, find players to flip for futures; we don't have a farm system yet and we're taking 30 NHL-ready pieces but only have room for 23 of them.
We'll go through this team-by-team, but we'll start by trying to find our key Year 1 building blocks:
- Two centres
- Three scoring wingers
- Two anchor defencemen
- No. 1 G