Canada is not a country you can come to, mess up, and go scot-free. Violet came to Canada in 2001 & claimed a refugee status. She told immigration that her folks in Nigeria wanted to force her into marriage & also subject her to female genital mutilation.
Canada, as a sweet country, granted her a permanent residency (PR) status in 2004. After she got her PR, she was busy traveling back & forth to the Nigeria she claimed her people wanted to force her into marriage & mutilate her. She traveled to Naija 10 times between 2004 - 2014.
Jan 26 • 15 tweets • 2 min read
20 in-demand skills to land a remote job and work from anywhere in the world & resources to help you get started with those skills:
•Udemy – Freelance Writing Course
•Coursera – Copywriting Courses
•Skillshare – Copywriting Courses
2. Social media marketing/mgt
•Coursera – Social Media Marketing Course
•Udemy – Social Media Marketing Certification
Jan 23 • 5 tweets • 5 min read
If you need a remote job or side gig that can pay you at least $10- $15 per hour, here are 25 top foreign companies you can explore that are currently recruiting for remote positions from anywhere in the world:
10 key points to note about changing your school or Designated Learning Institute (DLI) in Canada as an int'l student:
1. Before you change your school or program, you must meet all the conditions of your study permit, which is to be enrolled at a DLI and to be actively studying while in Canada.
Jan 11 • 10 tweets • 2 min read
Key points to note about relocating to Canada via Provincial Nomination Programs (PNPs).
1. PNPs allow Canadian provinces to nominate individuals for immigration to their province based on criteria set by the provincial government. Each of Canada’s provinces & territories, apart from Nunavut and Quebec, operates its own unique PNPs.
Jan 3 • 12 tweets • 4 min read
Ongoing scholarships in Canada for International Students for 2023/2024 session.
1. University of Waterloo Scholarships: This scholarship is offered for undergraduate, Masters and PhD studies. Waterloo University scholarship is valued up to $10,000. scholarshiproar.com/university-of-…
Jan 1 • 4 tweets • 1 min read
My year of REST!
"I will go with you and give you rest" (Exodus 33:14). May you experience rest in all the areas of your life that you have struggled in the past in Jesus' name, Amen!
My year of ARRANGED BLESSINGS!
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies (Psalm 23:5). May divine favour locate you and cause you to walk into prepared blessings even when you are unqualified this year in Jesus' name, Amen!
Nov 24, 2022 • 5 tweets • 1 min read
Six Provincial Nomination Program that does not require a job offer you should explore in 2023:
• Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP): Through Occupation in Demand and Express Entry
• Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP)- Nova Scotia Priorities Stream.
• Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP)
Nov 21, 2022 • 4 tweets • 1 min read
Immigration pathways to Canada you should explore in 2023:
In 2023, the Candian gov't plans to welcome 465,000 new immigrant to Canada. Here are the top 4 pathways accepting new immigrants in 2023:
Nov 14, 2022 • 4 tweets • 2 min read
In 2018 I moved to Canada to study. It wasn't exactly a straight forward process. I wanted to do something to help others. So we birth SKYNED in 2020. So far we have helped over 200 individuals & families successfully move to Canada, UK, USA & Australia. Our services are FREE!!!
Our services include:
•FREE admission processing into our partner schools in Canada, UK, USA, Ireland & Australia.
•FREE consultation with our admission officers for clarity
•FREE visa application support for those who wish to apply for their study visas themselves.
Nov 7, 2022 • 10 tweets • 2 min read
Answers to FAQs about Canadian Express Entry (EE):
1. Regulated professions like doctors,nurses, lawyers etc do not need to take any licensing exam(s) or get a license to practice in Canada to be eligible for EE. Just like everyone else, ensure your CRS score is upto the cut off to get an invitation to apply (ITA).
Oct 28, 2022 • 7 tweets • 3 min read
Here are 94 scholarships for international students to study in Canada. (PART V)
22. SENECA COLLEGE
• Seneca Renewable Entrance Scholarship of Merit – This is applicable to all the international students who enroll in the college for the diploma or graduate certificate program and should have a minimum GPA of 3.0. senecacollege.ca/registrar/payi…
Oct 28, 2022 • 24 tweets • 8 min read
Here are 94 scholarships for international students to study in Canada. (PART IV)
18. CARLETON UNIVERSITY
•Entrance Scholarships for American & Int'l High School students – int'l student who meet the admission requirements with an average of 80% are directly considered for this scholarship. carleton.ca/awards/scholar…
Oct 26, 2022 • 25 tweets • 7 min read
Here are 94 scholarships for international students to study in Canada. (PART III)
12. UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO
•Uni of Toronto Scholars Program – most outstanding new student applying to U of T
•President’s Scholars of Excellence Program – student must be applying to their 1st year of UG study based on their outstanding academic achievement.
Oct 24, 2022 • 25 tweets • 5 min read
Here are 94 scholarships for international students to study in Canada. (PART II)
6. UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA
• General Undergrad Scholarships:
-Int'l Entrance Leadership Scholarship– This will be awarded to the int'l students who study on a study permit & execute leadership qualities.
Oct 22, 2022 • 23 tweets • 6 min read
Funding has always been a major challenge for many int'l students.
Here are 94 scholarships int'l students can explore to study Canada. (PART I)
1. UNIVERSITY OF MCGILL
•Pierre Arbour Foundation – Scholarship for Master & PhD in Computer Science & Engineering – for Int'l students going to pursue their masters in McGill University mcgill.ca/gps/funding/op…
Sep 29, 2022 • 9 tweets • 2 min read
This photo right here is the summary of how my week went....... PURE JOY❤ It was a week of testimonies only JESUS CAN DO!
4 years of living in Canada and here is my advise for future and new immigrants: #Athread1. AVOID COMPARISON: Just as our journeys are different, so is our timelines for breakthrough. Some people are going to land their dream job within one month of landing in Canada, other will take several months, it's totally fine so long as you are giving it your best shot, don't
Aug 24, 2022 • 5 tweets • 1 min read
Answers to FAQs about studying in Canada:
1. 90% of Canadian schools waive IELTS for applicants from English speaking countries
2. With a 2:2, 3rd class or HND, you can get full funding mostly in US schools & rarely into research programs in Canada with good research experience
3. If you have 2:2, 3rd class or HND, your best option will be a PGD if Canada is your preferred destination
4. You can come to Canada for another masters, a PGD or a program at a lower level compared to your previous academic program
Jul 22, 2022 • 4 tweets • 1 min read
I just read a sad story of a Nigerian boy who came to study in the UK few months ago and worked part time as a home care worker been sentenced to 10years imprisonment in the UK.
Full story: The boy was employed by a certain home care in UK for a patient who needed 2:1 care.
This means the patient has to be carried or attended to by 2 people all the time. Unfortunately for the boy, his partner was unavailable at the moment & instead of waiting the boy decided to single handedly carry the patient. The patient fell & the boy quickly carried the patient
Jul 11, 2022 • 8 tweets • 2 min read
Canadian schools are notorious for charging prospective international students application fees, however there are very few exemptions.
Here are Canadian schools that do not charge application fees to prospective int'l students:
1. University of British Columbia
•Int'l applicants from the world's 50 least developed countries
•Students applying to graduate programs in the Department of Chemistry
2. University of Alberta
•Students applying to the department of Computing Science
Jul 6, 2022 • 13 tweets • 2 min read
As an international student studying in Canada, you can get your permanent residency (PR) whilst still a student or after you graduate.
Here are different PR pathways for international students & graduates in Canada....... A thread🧵
1. Canadian Express Class (CEC)- This is the standard route to PR in Canada for international graduates. You must have worked in Canada for at least one year to qualify for this pathway to PR.