1. Rape joke chants’: Hale alumnus details ‘misogynist’ attitudes of classmates. A graduate of an exclusive private boys’ school in Perth, brought into the spotlight on the back of historic allegations against AG Christian Porter' watoday.com.au/national/weste…
2. Students at the school espoused “alarming” attitudes towards women. The prestigious Hale School, in the inner western Perth suburb of Wembley Downs, is the oldest private boys’ school in WA & has educated many prominent West Australians.
3. Mr Porter was representing the school at a debating competition in 1988, which was central to a rape allegation he strenuously denies.
Hale counts Lang Hancock, his business partner Peter Wright, Andrew ‘Twiggy’ Forrest, VC recipient Ben Roberts-Smith as alumni.
Worried doctors demand more detail on NSW’s plan to exit lockdown | The New Daily thenewdaily.com.au/news/2021/09/1… Doctors are calling for more detail on how NSW plans to reopen at 70% double dose at a time when the state would still be recording some 500 cases a day.
2. While businesses and the tourism sector have welcomed the state’s lockdown exit plan, the AMA warned the health system would be under incredible stress.
President Dr Omar Khorshid called for the release of any modelling of future case numbers
3. and health system impacts, saying the roadmap “appears to leave NSW at considerable risk of having to return to hard lockdowns”. The AMA says it wants the modelling so it can assess the impacts on hospitals and would prefer a slow and steady reopening.
crikey.com.au/2021/09/10/cha… 1. NSW’s reopening plan: Pubs, gyms, hairdressers, nail salons, & retail will reopen to the vaccinated, while up to five people can gather indoors, and trips to regional NSW will be allowed. For all the details, check out this handy explainer
2. from Guardian Australia.
But several communities in rural NSW are reeling amid Delta crises. Yesterday a man in his 60s became the 3rd Indigenous person to die after contracting COVID-19 in western NSW. He was not vaccinated, NSW’s deputy CHO Marianne Gale confirmed.
3. It comes as almost a 33% of Indigenous people in far north-west town Enngonia are now infected, Guardian Australia reports, with frontline health workers describing the public health response as “chaotic”. The disease has claimed the life of one Indigenous woman
1. Nikki Savva nailed it exactly when she said - “Morrison has a habit of allowing PROBLEMS to become CRISES before mishandling them” !!
The LNP are trying to CRUELLY claw back $30 million from the people who received JobKeeper & JobSeeker - but BOSS-RORTER @MichaelWestBiz
2. RICH companies fraudulently obtain $13,000,000,000 that’s perfectly fine, all OK, Cool and normal!
That happens to be over 400 times - or 43,333% more than the measly $30 million that Centrelink is trying to force the poorest to repay.
3. Treasurer Frydenberg says that the Government is legally unable to force these companies to return these overpayments and he won’t publicly name and shame them either. But it’s OK for Ministers to “accidentally” name welfare recipients who publicly criticise the actions
1. Sex Discrimination Commissioner Kate Jenkins said she isn’t “giving up” when it comes to the legislative implementation of the remaining recommendations of the Respect@Work report on sexual harassment.
Speaking at a panel session at the National Summit on Women’s Safety
2. on Monday, Jenkins explained that “even though it was frustrating” the Federal government did not legislate all of the recommendations in the report last week, the remaining recommendations that can be legislated are not “off the agenda”, either. Last week, the Federal
3. government passed a bill that enacted 6 out of the 12 legislative recommendations made in the report, which included 55 recommendations in TOTAL. This was after Scott Morrison had said that he would implement all the recommendations of the Jenkins report, The government
afp.gov.au/news-media/med… 1. The brothers aged 64 and 65, were detained under Sect 189 of the Migration Act 1958 & have been placed in Immigration detention pending their deportation to NZ. Both are known to be founding members of the OMCG,a “Declared Criminal Organisation”.
2. This will leave the outlaw motorcycle gang without leadership & reduced capacity to commit criminal activity, including distribute drugs, in SA. This factor alone certainly enhances the safety of the community. Cancelling the men’s visas under character grounds involved the
3. Department of Home Affairs, ABF & the SA National Anti-Gangs Squad (SA NAGS), made up of the AFP, SA police & the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). More than 300 OMCG or organised crime members have had their Australian visas cancelled or refused since 2014. “Any non-citizen
Senator Rex Patrick,
I am writing to ask that you both vote against the legislation to extend the Indue card trials to any further sites and to end those currently on foot.I outline my reasons in the body of my letter and ask that you give my words
2. your serious consideration.
The Liberal and National parties have an ideological obsession with paternalistically controlling the lives of our First nations peoples and the unemployed. Demonizing both groups by constantly referring to their alcohol and drug abuse
3., gambling addiction and supposed high incidence of domestic/family violence. Other vulnerable groups have already been added to this list, those in receipt of a disability support pension (DSP) and students on Youth Allowance who also apparently need to have their income
1. The Government’s refusal to make public the $2.5 million Uni. of Adelaide report into the Indue Card has raised more questions. The Government has so far failed to provide evidence the card actually works, with a 2018 Auditor General’s report panning the Government’s
2. evaluation of the card. At Senate estimates hearings in October, Min for Families & Social Services Senator Anne Ruston admitted that she had not read the report when the Government decided to make the cashless debit card permanent. Morrison expects the Senate to vote
2. ALL arrivals must complete an inbound passenger card. & then be issued with a colour coded card. RED People showing symptoms/testing + go straight to Medihotels, Amber to quarantine hotels & only Green (New Zealand citizens) to proceed out of the International terminal.
3. Triaging of international arrivals should be performed by @AusBorderForce 🛃 who check passports & customs declarations & @NSWHealth who supply the doctors & nurses to do temperature checks & screening ALL health declarations made by passengers. High risk passengers from
1. With South America in the grip of military dictatorships & rocked by the same kinds of social & political movements that were demanding change all over the world in the 60s and ’70s, a handful of the continent’s governments made a pact to work together to roll back
2. the rising tide of “subversives” and “terrorists.”
What followed was a secret, global campaign of violent repression that spanned not just countries, but continents, and featured everything from abduction and torture to murder. To say it was known about by the USA
Litigation put forward by the Trump campaign has not included any proof to support allegations of fraud. Nothing campaign officials have put forward would change the outcome in any state. #TrumpLost
But Trump is being urged by his son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner, attorney Rudy Giuliani & campaign adviser Jason Miller to hold rallies throughout the USA pushing for recounts of votes, sources close to Trump told Jake Tapper. #TrumpWantsRecounts
3. CNN reported earlier Saturday that Kushner had approached Trump about conceding the election. It also emerged that he was trying to placate Trump by suggesting rallies. The goal of a messaging blitz was to raise enough doubt about the results that