1. The Ways of God- Moses knew the ways of God while the Israelites knew His acts. What's the difference? Understanding the ways of God means knowing who He is - how He works, thinks and what He wants to do.
2. Knowing God's acts is limited to just seeing what He does without necessarily
understanding how or why.
"He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel." - Psalm 103:7 (NKJV)
3. One of the implications of focusing on God's acts instead of His ways is that your faith in God is likely to be transactional (the small picture) & not relational (the big picture). It might have been okay for an Israelite in the time of Moses to be content with just knowing
1. For many people, faith is a kind of audacity and that's where it ends for them. However, faith is beyond a force or audacity, it's a lifestyle. It's a way of living, thinking and acting. It comes through in the things that you do and your outlook
2. "And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith. And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you." - Luke 17: 5-6 (KJV)
3. Living by faith aligns your actions & thoughts to the word of God. It's rooted in forgiveness & love. You may want to exercise big faith like healing the sick & working miracles but the greatest measure of faith is in daily living-trusting completely in God's word & His love.
1. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” - Hebrews 11: 1 (KJV) Many times, we get carried away with needs, the funny thing is that there is always a need for every season. Human beings can never run out of needs.
2. This is why it is important to have a wholesome perspective of God as your Father and Friend, not just as a provider. God is keen on blessing His children and He wants to meet all your needs.
3. He desires more for you and expects that your relationship with Him should be less transactional and more relational.
God wants to relate with you and let you have access to know the deepest parts of Him. Instead of getting overtaken by needs,
1. Can faith fail? "Whoever doesn't lose his faith in me is indeed blessed.” - Matthew 11:6 (GW) Faith is a one-time decision and is more than a blind act of trust. Satan desires to sift believers by causing their faith to waver and eventually fail in overwhelming situations.
2. Understand & remember that being in an overwhelming situation doesn't necessarily mean that you've lost your identity as God's own. In moments of doubt, the gift of faith is often challenged. You may conclude that you didn't receive faith, apply it correctly or that it failed.
3. This could have everything to do with God knowing what is best for you. Though you might have challenging times where your faith is tested, set your mind on Jesus who is the author and the finisher of your faith.
1. At its core, the Bible is about relationships- how our Father connects & relates with us & how in turn expects us to relate with each other. Relationships are life & need to be maintained. However, sometimes we use the "too busy" card to avoid keeping up with our connections.
2. Other times, life challenges cause us to
self-focus and expect everyone else to
make the effort to reach out. Some of us
have even become complacent because of
the lockdown, assuming our loved ones
are okay without really interacting with
3. When you don't make an effort to
connect, your relation'ships' will start to
sink or, in some cases, capsize.
You were created with love, by love, to
love and God needs you to be love' to the
people He sends your way.
1. Proof of sonship! When it's career day in schools, kids turn up dressed as footballers, police officers, sailors, scientists, lawyers, astronauts, etc. It is easy to identify the profession they
represent based on their outfit.
2. Similarly, many claim to be God's children. Yet they do not don the 'garments' that stand them out from the rest, one of which is LOVE.
3. 1 Corinthians 13:1-2 (NKJV) puts it aptly - "Though I speak with the tongues
of men and of angels, but have not love, I
have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
1. The Connected Life. After making the all-important decision to become a part of God's kingdom, your next top priority is to demonstrate God's love. It should be demonstrated whether or not you think the beneficiary in question is "deserving” of your love.
2. Reaching out to people is an opportunity
to show the world who God is. How can you assist that colleague who is struggling to meet deadlines & deliverables; your neighbour's children who are home when they should be in school; the church member that you've not seen in a while?
3. Show genuine compassion and care for
others without expecting any favours in
I am a child of God - an embodiment of
His love. My love is His light to a world in
1. “Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes
up and it knows it must run faster that the
fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every
morning a lion wakes up, it knows it must
outrun the slowest gazelle or it would
starve to death.
2. It doesn't matter if you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up - you better start running." - Thomas Friedman. If you have the mindset of a gazelle, you will always be running from lions. If you feel like a lion, you will always be running after gazelles.
3. Some people have the mindset that people are to be preyed on, while some feel abused, neglected, and abandoned. However, Jesus was never a lion looking
for a gazelle to prey upon.
1. God has a plan for you to be a full
partaker of His love and enjoy it. You were
created for connection and God brings
people into your life to demonstrate His
love towards you. He also uses you to
demonstrate His love towards other
2. Do not shut your heart to love. Ask God
for a discerning spirit to know when He
deliberately places people around you to
love you as a colleague, neighbour, friend,
spouse, family etc. Living the connected
life is best exemplified by living out the
love of God.
I am a child of God, I am born of God, I live a life of love because God's love is in my heart.
1. Have you ever wondered why connection
is important? It is because connection
leads us to God's divine mandate for His
people, which is unity. God wants His
children to be united because it profits
two things: first, it commands God's
presence and grace.
2. Connection automatically attracts the presence of God to you just like He was drawn to the people at the tower of Babel.
Secondly, it promotes the demonstration
of the nature of God. How do you say you
love God and you do not love your brothers and sisters?
3. The only way to show the God-kind of love is through connection. From human
experience, not all connections work out
according to your plan. However, caution
in connection should not limit the blessedness of the connection. Therefore,make deliberate effort to connect & belong.
1. God created you for connection but you
must be intentional about the connections
you surround yourself with. The church of
God is your community & He expects
you to make the most of your time by
making meaningful connections that serve/fulfil His purpose for you & His church.
2. There are a few questions you have to ask in order to get the real deal. They may appear to be difficult questions but they will ultimately lead you to your right community and destiny. You must consider the dynamic of this community.
3. Do you have shared values like
accountability, integrity, etc.? You should
also understand the chemistry of the
community? How do you connect &
what binds you together? The third factor
is the DNA of this community. What sets
them apart for you? Finally, review how
1. When you are going through very tough
times, it's hard to see that there is a plan
for your life. Sadly, this is when most
people withdraw from others. But God's
plan for your life does not exclude
2. Your ability to connect with people will facilitate God's plan for your life, while a lack of authentic connections will limit the blessings of God in your life. God will use men to speak for you, fight for you and favour you.
3. Remember, the strength of your network is indicative of the possibilities for God to move in your life. In the Bible, you will see God connecting people so that they can make progress together.
1. With almost 8 billion people in the world,
you would think that it is impossible to be
isolated. Yet isolation is not only a reality
of our current world, it is fast becoming
the culture of choice for many people.
2. Technology has led many to believe that
human connection is over-rated - this is
simply not true. Connection is at the heart
of humanity; it shapes, defines and
strengthens us. Without connections, the
world as we know it cannot exist.
3. There will be no breakthrough discoveries, life-saving inventions or even organized society. The principle of connection was embedded in the very act of creation and that is why God said, 'It is not good for man to be alone'.
.1 Ask the right questions! If you want to rent a house or buy a used car, then you would know that the way to making the best decision is asking the right questions.
What type of questions are you asking this
season? And who are you asking those
2. The wisdom you need might
already be in the heart of a person close
to you; you can draw it out when you ask
the right person the right questions.
Get the right people around you and let
them speak wisdom into your life.
3. Listen to the Word of God and allow the
counsel of the Holy Spirit. When you get
the right kind of counsel, you have a
better chance of achieving your goals.
1. Have you ever made a decision based on
the emotions you felt in one moment, and
regretted it afterwards? You may have
ruined a relationship for things you said in
anger. If so, you can relate somewhat to
Esau in the moment that he sold his
birthright for a bowl of stew.
2. Distractions, challenges and heartache may shake your belief, impair your judgement or even cause you not to recognize blessings. Do not make wrong choices based on your emotions or even worse make no decisions at all.
3. Decide to manage your emotions better,
delay gratification, and refuse to be driven
by the negative emotions around you.
Decide to trust firmly in the Lord and
make Spirit-led decisions.
1. Hello and welcome. It's episode 325 of your favourite relationship series #MrMrsBetterHalf. Mr and Mrs BetterHalf is designed to strengthen relationships and marriages with wisdom from God's word.
2. This week’s episode situation is: ‘I'm married, but in love with someone else. What should I do?’ #MrMrsBetterHalf
3. It is not clear whether your feelings are one-sided or are reciprocated. Regardless of the situation, you are at the very least in an emotional affair and in a dangerous place. Hopefully, you have not physically acted on those emotions. #MrMrsBetterHalf
1. Managing your season of not enough!
In the past year, you might have
experienced a lot of hardship and you may
have tagged it your "not enough” season.
Guess what? Even Jesus had His "not
2. Just as Jesus had need for food, you may need a job, spouse, money, etc., and the devil has no new tricks. He tempted Jesus to focus on his needs alone by commanding stone to become bread.
3. In managing your season of “not enough"; you need to walk the path that Jesus walked in - focus on God and His word. Are you desperate for God or a solution? Many people are too focused on the solution they are looking for to understand the One who gives the solution.
1. Rehoboth! In all of God's promises in the scriptures, He never promised that your journey here on earth would be smooth or trouble-free. At some point in your life, you might find yourself in a situation where it seems like there is so much hostility towards you.
2. How would you handle such situations as a Christian? Sometimes, God allows seemingly unpleasant situations to build your character & skills needed for where
3. Give favour expression by being at peace with all men this year just like Isaac did until he got to Rehoboth.