CEO of @FTX_Official: https://t.co/O8fd1qeXKU. Not investment advice. https://t.co/cIqm5hT1yQ and FTT not available in the United States or prohibited jurisdictions. https://t.co/pnF88jgw4b works in US!
116 added to My Authors
Jan 20 • 16 tweets • 3 min read
1) Slack in the system
2) FTX wasn't really founded on the notion that it was going to make better tradeoffs than other exchanges.
It came from the belief that there were big wins to be had by just doing things better.
That to the extent there was a tradeoff, the sacrifice was hard work.
Jan 14 • 4 tweets • 2 min read
1) I'm really exited to announce two things today:
2) First, we're launching a $2b venture fund: FTX Ventures!
As a founder, it's important to support other founders creating great companies. Hopefully this will allow us to do that a lot more.
2) Your energy was infectious. I remember that feeling, back from when I got into crypto in late 2017/early 2018: the adrenaline and excitement and focus and insane growth. It’s intoxicating.
Jan 5 • 4 tweets • 1 min read
1) I think there's some merit to this argument! But I also think there are ways around it, and some things it might be missing:
2) First of all, you don't have to put *everything* on a blockchain.
It's totally true that you need to keep iterating and innovating!
But *some* things could go on-chain.
Dec 31, 2021 • 20 tweets • 3 min read
2) One of the weirdest, hardest, and most interesting jobs of 2021:
building out the brand and marketing for Corona.
The beer company, that is.
Dec 30, 2021 • 5 tweets • 3 min read
1) Little known fact: inconsistent with most other things about me, I cook most nights!
I'll post some "recipes" here.
Spoiler: most of these recipes are:
1: put [x] in a pan
2: put olive oil in the pan
3: turn on the stove and fry [x]
4: pour a lot of salt on [x]
5: eat [x]
2) As it turns out, frying things in a pan with olive oil, salt, and (when I'm feeling ambitious) dried minced garlic is exactly what I like eating, and it works for most foods.
This is especially true given that I'm a picky eater: salty + savory + not-spicy + vegan + filling
Dec 28, 2021 • 22 tweets • 5 min read
1) Y'all hear enough about FTX from me.
So here's a thread of what upcoming features our team is most excited about.
1) One of the best moments from the House Financial Services Committee meeting:
@RepAuchincloss drilling into the details of our stablecoin proposal (ftxpolicy.com/stablecoins), and proposing that congress moves to enact a regulatory regime that ensures the backing of stablecoins.
2) What struck me so much about this: unlike almost all the discourse around digital assets, it was:
c) action oriented
Dec 10, 2021 • 7 tweets • 2 min read
1) It's interesting seeing how social media AIs do and don't work!
For instance, here's what @Twitter is suggesting to me today: 2) Some of these are pretty standard. They're suggesting Coinbase and Ripple, probably based on my crypto connections, for Technology.
But I don't think there's much _unusually_ trending about them -- it's probably just randomly selecting large crypto related things.
Nov 26, 2021 • 16 tweets • 3 min read
1) Building a team
2) We tend to think about teams differently from many companies.
For instance, here's our dev team, lead by Gopher (bottom), about 15 minutes before our company shoes up to Thanksgiving Dinner.
I've now been through a LOT more raising and investing. Some updated thoughts on the process!
2) NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE
Oct 7, 2021 • 7 tweets • 2 min read
1) Ok come on TIME, this article is pretty pathetic.
How did no editors catch that it was logically impossible?
time.com/6104105/more-s…2) so, if all relationships were monogamous and heterosexual, and there were as many women in the world as men, then the effect of “economic pressures” on the ratio of single men to single women…