PhD student @ UNC Charlotte working on dialogue systems and code intelligence with @samirashaikhUNC #nlproc
Jul 12, 2022 • 7 tweets • 2 min read
Excellent work by @BigscienceW on #BLOOM! Arabic is read from right to left. My first ever LM prompt in Arabic: بشار الاسد (Syrian President). Only to get slapped with a propaganda sentence 😂. I noticed a possible issue in Arabic in particular 1/n
اليوم الثلاثاء، أن الجيش السوري حقق تقدما ملحوظا خلال الفترة القليلة الماضية، وذلك في ظل
Translation: Bashar Al-Assad
On the Tuesday, the Syrian army made advancements recently, under the [leadership of]. 2/n
Jul 11, 2022 • 5 tweets • 1 min read
1/n My Industry panel main takeaways at #NAACL2022
Skills/Tips for Students:
* "find your strength [something you can do better than others]...and double down on that"
* Be resourceful and be curious
* Have a learning mindset
2/n Book recommendations for success:
* Some times you just have to through [an experience]
Work life balance:
* Burnout is not good, make time for what makes you happy.
* Set boundaries e.g. email only during the week days.
* Avoid comparing yourself to others.