Lawyer, active tweeter, Eagles & Red Sox fan for years. Emphasis on “factual” US political & COVID-19 news. No conspiracy theories. Let’s talk, if you agree.
Mar 20 • 36 tweets • 7 min read
1) Russia-Ukraine war latest: thousands in Mariupol ‘deported to Russia’; China says it is on ‘right side of history’ – live theguardian.com/world/live/202…2) Key items from Saturday (more at yesterday’s 🧵). 3) More than 6.6K 🇺🇦s evacuated via 8 humanitarian corridors Saturday, President Zelenskiy said; 4) 1000s of Mariupol residents allegedly taken to 🇷🇺 against their will & redirected to remote cities Mariupol City Council said;
2) Saturday March 19, 2022 :
A) Over 30 companies across the world will soon begin making generic versions of Pfizer’s COVID-19 pill thanks to an agreement negotiated on Thursday. The deal is expected to make the antiviral pill more accessible to the world’s population;
Mar 19 • 32 tweets • 5 min read
1) Russia-Ukraine war latest: Russia says it has used hypersonic missile; Zelenskiy urges ‘honest’ peace talks – live theguardian.com/world/live/202…2) Pres Biden warned Pres Xi Jinping Friday there will be “implications & consequences”, if Beijing provides material support to🇷🇺as it attacks🇺🇦cities, the White House said.
Biden didn’t directly requests Xi to persuade Putin to end the attack during a 2 hour call on Friday;
2) Cases and deaths from Covid-19 have fallen in US, but warning signs & rising infections in other countries, prompt experts to take future & existing variants of the virus seriously – and they are warning that America has not yet reached the endemic phase.
1) Russia-Ukraine war latest news: rockets hit near Lviv airport; Biden to warn Xi against backing Putin – live theguardian.com/world/live/202…2) President Biden will speak w/President Xi Jinping at 9AM EDT Friday, to discuss 🇷🇺 war against 🇺🇦“and other issues of mutual concern” the White House said;
3) A 🇨🇳For Min official met with 🇷🇺 Ambassador to🇨🇳 on
TH to exchange views on bilateral relations, the 🇨🇳FM said;
Dec 27, 2021 • 75 tweets • 18 min read
1) Covid news live: Boris Johnson to examine new hospital data; France considers new restrictions theguardian.com/world/live/202…
2)(A) PM Boris Johnson isn’t expected to announce new curbs to control Omicron in England, after briefing on impact Xmas had on Covid cases & hospital pressures. This may leave England at odds with other parts of the UK, where post-Christmas restrictions have been deployed;
Dec 26, 2021 • 41 tweets • 10 min read
1) Covid live: UK considering door-to-door vaccination teams, reports say; new restrictions in Wales, Scotland and NI theguardian.com/world/live/202…2) Omani officials will require foreign travelers aged 18 and
up to have received at least 2 Covid-19💉doses to enter the Sultanate, the state news agency reported on Sunday;
Dec 26, 2021 • 6 tweets • 2 min read
1) Coming at you from “Club Omicron”, periodic dose of old school dance music & otherwise classic music. If the first song doesn’t grab you, you’re dead and know one wants to hurt your feelings. 😂
Chic ~ I Want Your Love 1978 Disco Purrfection Version
2) Featuring early to latter 70’s, for Hustlers, I’ve heard it told this was the shot.
Donna Summer ~ I Feel Love [ 12” version].
Dec 25, 2021 • 38 tweets • 9 min read
1) Covid live news: air travel disruption worldwide; China records most cases in four months theguardian.com/world/live/202…2) Germany reports 22,214 new cases & 157 covid-linked deaths.
Latest data comes as health authorities admit struggling
to trace the contacts of people infected w/covid.
In some states (like Baden-Württemberg, Berlin & Hamburg), contact tracing has been completely suspended;
1) La Palma 🌋 thread for Nov 20.
Eruption passes to VEI-3, as our experts said days ago. The large amount of fallen ash clearly indicated passage to this level, after reeval by PEVOLCA committee. VEI-3 doesn’t indicate that rash is getting worse or that its behavior changes.
1) Coronavirus live news: Hong Kong authorises Sinovac vaccine for children aged 3-17, Rotterdam riots condemned theguardian.com/world/live/202…2) Covid cases rate in Czech Republic hit a record 929 new cases per 100K residents (2nd record this week), its health ministry said Saturday.
Czech Rep’s daily cases tally ⬆️ to 22,936 Friday.
A further 110 people died on Thursday, the ministry said;
Nov 19, 2021 • 6 tweets • 2 min read
1) La Palma 🧵 on Nov 19.
“This is how the lava flows…have dawned. In the video, the
fog is observed, as a layer of white tones that covers the landscape due to the condensation of water vapor and gases reinforced by the rains as it evaporates due to the heat of the lavas.”
1) Covid live: booster shots to be added to England travel pass; France rules out lockdown for unvaccinated theguardian.com/world/live/202…2) UK Travelers who’ve booster will be able to display their
💉 status on NHS Covid Pass from noon Fri, DHSC said.
Feature allows those who’ve received 3rd 💉to travel to countries including Israel, Croatia & Austria, where there’s
a time limit for a💉to be valid to skip QT;
1) Covid live: Germany warned of ‘really terrible Christmas’ without new measures; Russia sets new deaths record theguardian.com/world/live/202…2) Greece orders private sector doctors in 5 regions in N 🇬🇷 to help its overwhelmed health system. The requisition order, published in official government gazette on Thursday, is effective for a month.
Greece reported 6,682 new COVID-19 on Wednesday and 87 deaths;
Nov 6, 2021 • 14 tweets • 6 min read
1) La Palma thread for November 6. Eruption captured November 5.