1. Dear Young People - and Aaron Bastani. I'm 65. We fought Thatcherism in every way we could. I had the arrests and broken arm as my reward. I slept on the ground at Greenham Common. I supported the miners (Dad). I refused to pay Poll Tax I worked 35 years protecting children.
2. In the front line. I've often worked 2 jobs. I've brought up my family. I give to charity. The government STOLE 6 years of my State Pension. I ride a bike. I don't have a car. So WTF do some of you get off calling ME selfish and entitled? Get off your arsed. Do something
3. and understand that YouGov is run by the Tories and is another tool of propaganda to divide us. And feck me, once again it's working. I'm a lifelong Socialist and activist. No 'I'm alright Jack ' here. Stop with the hatred. It will show in your face. Which is why I look 25 😂
1. This a thread. My only credentials being 40 years an activist, fought Thatcher over CND, Poll Tax, BNP, closure of the mines, shipbuilding, steelworks, fishing and heavy industry in the NE where I come from. Short spin with the SWP and 35 years in social work with those
2. at the sharp end. Homeless, addicted, beaten physically and psychologically, withe the fear that being poor and unable to cope would lead to them losing their kids. Their babies. Imagine that. Then piece by piece over the years the scant resources
3. We had were stripped away by govt leaving us with only ourselves to offer and the risk to children and desperate families amplified probably a 100 times. 2 children a week still lose their lives at the hands of their primary carers. Hard pressed teachers