When I was in sixth grade my school hit up on a brilliant idea. They would categorize all students into 4 equal class size quartiles based upon scholastic accomplishment.
The top 25th percentile would be class A, the next 25th percentile would be class B and so on, class A to D
Ostensibly the goal was to enable teachers to focus on academically weak students and give them extra attention time and resources.
I mean, what could possibly go wrong?
(For context, this was an all boy's school)
I was in class C, not the bottom of the barrel, but definitely not on top of the heap either.
Our class was pretty rowdy. And sixth grade was the poorest scholastic performance of my life.
I was constantly distracted by disobedient assholes who I had a natural affinity towards.
1. Widespread manufacturing issues including contamination found during FDA inspection of factory J&J contracted facility manufacturing their COVID vaccine.
2. Baltimore factory contracted to make Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine was dirty, didn’t follow proper manufacturing procedures and had poorly trained staff, resulting in contamination of material that was going to be put in the shots.
3. Inspectors said a batch of bulk drug substance for J&J’s single-shot vaccine was contaminated with material used to make COVID-19 vaccines for another Emergent client, AstraZeneca.
1. The number of virus "Variants"is a function of time.
This is a biological & virological phenomenon.
A variant is a virus that has genetic sequences with enough mutations to make them distinct and detectable by genotypic testing.
Viral mutations are the norm, not the exception
2. Viruses are the most primitive of semi-living particles. In fact many scientists debate over whether they are living or not.
They lack sophisticated genetic machinery and are comprised of very rudimentary genetic sequences.
Some contain RNA others contain DNA.
3. Because viruses lack their own cellular machinery to manufacture RNA or DNA, they need to hijack the host cell's manufacturing apparatus..
When viruses multiply, they replicate the genetic material but lack proof reading.
What's a short?
Short-sellers borrow shares of an asset that they believe will drop in price in order to buy them after they fall. If they're right, they return the shares and pocket the difference between the price when they initiated the short and the actual sale price.
If they're wrong, they're forced to buy at a higher price and pay the difference between the price they set and its sale price.
Short sales have an expiration date, so when a stock unexpectedly rises in price, the short-sellers may have to act fast to limit their losses.
What's a Short Squeeze?
A short squeeze occurs when a stock jumps sharply higher, forcing traders who had bet that its price would fall, to buy it in order to forestall even greater losses. Their scramble to buy only adds to the upward pressure on the stock's price.
It's been a long time since I said it, and who knows if there'll be a chance to do so in the future. So here goes:
I've learned more by being on Twitter than I could have imagined, and it was possible only because so many excellent people say so many amazing things. So thank you
I had absolutely no intention of using social media when I started. It was just a way to defray and externalize internal angst while having to forgo the almost always painful work of personal reflection.
I wrote about it a year after I joined.
It was nothing more than a sojourn into the septic tank of human behavior that was supposed to make my station in life feel better by comparison.
Then the inconceivable happened.
People said stuff that made sense, resonated and instructed.
1. Did you know that this isn't the first time Georgia's Dominion voting machines crashed or suffered a "glitch?"
The same thing happened a few months ago in September.
2. "Election officials initially thought they would have to rebuild the database but then discovered they could fix the problem through a software change"
How the hell do you go from a completely corrupted and unusable database to just needing a software update?
3. And in September Eric Coomer (yes that guy) told U.S. District Judge Amy Totenberg that the problem had to do with the way the voting machines communicate with the underlying Android operating system. He told Totenberg "a minor software change" would address the issue.
1. This is absolutely wild.
Did you know that the most comprehensive, detailed and well articulated exposal of the dangers inherent in the wdespread implementation of electronic voting systems came from a Democrat, and a it happened a decade ago way back in 2010?
2. John C. Bonifaz is an attorney and political activist specializing in constitutional law and voting rights.
He also ran for Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in 2006 as a Democrat.
(Just so we can dispense with the "right-wing conspiracy theory" right now)
3. On July 6th 2010 he highlighted to the Technical Guidelines Development Committee and Its UOCAVA Working Group what is, in essence, the exact same concerns that the Trump team including @SidneyPowell1@RudyGiuliani@LLinWood have repeatedly underscored over the last few weeks.
1. The Danish mask study is probably the only Randomized controlled trial conducted so far to study mask efficacy to prevent COVID. Blinding was of course not possible.
Remember that randomized trials provide superior data compared to observational ones. acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M2…
2. The primary outcome was SARS-CoV-2 infection in the mask wearer at 1 month by antibody testing, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), or hospital diagnosis.
3. A total of 3030 participants were randomly assigned to the recommendation to wear *surgical* masks, and 2994 were assigned to control; 4862 completed the study. Infection with SARS-CoV-2 occurred in 42 participants recommended masks (1.8%) and 53 control participants (2.1%).
3. Think of Marc Elias as the unfortunate result of what happens when an orc impregnates Brian Stelter. Except much more odious, bombastic pompous and vacuous. And just as big and insensate a Democrat controlled phallic toy.
Of course he's a super lawyer. perkinscoie.com/en/professiona…
I cannot overstate the importance of this thread. It's technical but well worth reading and rereading to understand the gravity of what's being said.
Large orders of magnitude data tends to follow a normal distribution.
Observing anomalies in distribution gives crucial insight.
1. To simplify it the best I can:
In person voting tends to not have a simplistic Democrat versus Republican linear distribution along a mean when you plot all votes. Because there are regional variations, families work together, as to friends with similar political persuasions.
2. On the other hand mailing ballots tend to have a fairly homogenous and almost linear distribution when plotted on a Democrat versus Republican X and Y axis distribution
1. The only way to end the pandemic is through, not around it.
We were supposed to flatten the curve in 21 days. Fast forward 213 days and we're still talking about lockdowns, mask mandates and school and business closures and virus spikes.
2. If lockdowns worked, we wouldn't be where we're today. If masks were the silver bullet panacea they are being made out to be, we would have flattened the curve right after Fauci, CDC and the surgeon General changed their minds and insisted all of us begin using them.
3. In fact in one CDC case series majority of people getting infected wore masks all the time.
To be clear, I'm not saying they have zero efficacy, I'm saying they're not likely to make a significant impact on disease incidence, because their efficacy is at at best mild.
Sorry to do this to you Jerome. 1. The "study" was observational and retrospective. 2. The*total* sample size was 314, including 154 case patients and 160 control participants. As of today there have been 8.3 million infected.
154 is not representative of 8.3 million.
Continued... 3. 71% of case patients and 74% of control participants reported always using cloth or other mask face coverings when in public. This is verbatim from the report. There's no statistical difference between mask use between these two groups
Continued... 4. More interesting, 42% of case patients reported close contact with an infected person compared to 14% of control participants, statistically significant p-value (p less than 0.01)
Susan Rosenberg sits on the Board of BLM. She was convicted for1983 bombing of US Capitol Building, the U.S. Naval War College and NY PBA. She was released after serving 16 of her 58-year sentence when Bill Clinton commuted it on his last day in office. snopes.com/fact-check/blm…
BLM is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, left-wing, Marxist-leaning organization created by three woman. Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors and Opel Tomet.
Cullors compared Trump to Hitler, saying he “is literally the epitome of evil, all the evils of this country”
BLM is sponsored financially by the leftist group Thousand Currents, whose board of directors includes convicted terrorist, Susan Rosenberg, who was active in the May 19th Communist Organization, which FBI stated “openly advocates overthrow of U.S. Government through violence.”
"Our country wasn't built by cancel culture, speech codes and soul crushing conformity. We are not a nation of timid spirits, we are a nation of fierce proud and independent American patriots."
"We are nation of pilgrims, pioneers, adventurers, explorers and trail blazers who refuse to be tied down held back or in any way reigned in. Americans have steel in their spines, grit in their souls and fire in their hearts. There is no one like us on Earth."
"I want every child in America to know that you are part of the most exciting and incredible adventure in human history. No matter where your family comes from, no matter your background."
This is incredible:
Democrats in politics issue a letter to Democrats in media on how to report on Joe Biden's vice presidential pick.
They invoke George Floyd's name to suggest that criticizing the pick is inherently racist
"Reporting on whether a woman is liked (a subjective metric at best) as though it is news when the “likeability” of men is never considered a legitimate news story"
"Reporting, even as asides in a story on a woman’s looks, weight, tone of voice, attractiveness and hair is sexist"
“Reporting on & using pictures of a woman’s, particularly black women, show of anger at injustice or any other kind of passion in communication perpetuates racist tropes that suggest unfairly that women are too emotional or irrational in their leadership or worse ‘hate America.’”
1. Heather McDonald video thread.
Heather McDonald users actual data to completely demolish the "racist cops" BLM narrative. This is an absolutely brilliant peace of scholarship and I am awestruck by Heather's fearless fealty to facts.
This is long, but well worth listening to.
2. Heather McDonald video thread continued.
A relentless fact-based exposal of an organization turning a blind eye to the biggest problems in inner city neighborhoods and predominantly black populations.
3. The biggest determinant of officer behavior is civilian behavior.
1. Every Democrat knows what happened to George Floyd had nothing to do with Donald Trump.
Every single level of Minneapolis politics, right down to the police chief is completely controlled by Democrats.
2. In fact Democrats have been hard at work lowering training requirements, psychometric testing, and overall hiring standards for police officers in Minneapolis for quite some time now.
3. Recall that Noor Muhammad, the Somali cop who shot an Australian woman was the beneficiary of this change in training as a means of increasing "diversity"
Multiple red flags in his case went completely ignored.