A serial accuser? This is going over the cliff quickly. The dems should have had hearings and vote to confirm last Monday. Their base would have forgotten by mid terms. Instead they went full crazy for the entire country to see.
Update. I can't find anything to confirm or debunk this so use your own mind and make your own decision on this. The fudgerule is a good thing to follow in this circumstance. If true it's the end of the show for the Dems, if not the show goes on.
Update 2. Rush just reported on this bit of information on his radio show. He stated he can't confirm or debunk it but that he is putting it out there since the media has no problem doing the same.
This is a close up picture of that old "wall" that Bush and other people called a Wall
here is an older thread on what is going on at the border. This press conference is from March after the omnibus was signed and highlighted what to expect going forward. The video on the first tweet confirms the press conference.
1. In the 70's the USA was on the cusp of humans exploring the solar system. The USA led the world in science, in trade, in economic activity, in military might, in entertainment and in most other things.
2. Then the left went to work. They got a POTUS that won 49 states kicked out of office. They took over Hollywood. They pushed stupid trade deals to give away our wealth.
3. They pushed abortion so we killed the next generation and then said we had to import others via mass migration to make up the difference.
Let's do a thought exercise. Say you have a population. This population suffers a shock. Roughly 10% of the population flees after the shock. Now think about this. Would that 10% that fled be healthier or less healthy than the 90% that stayed behind?
Which would have a better chance of being able to flee/relocate the wealthier healthier population or the poorer sicker population?
Now if all other things are equal what happens to the death rate of a population that has more of a concentration of sicker less wealthy people? Even if you factor in for population change?
1. Progressives/liberals like to say they are on the right side of history. They insist that the arc of history bends towards progress. This is just wrong on its face if one takes a quick look at that "arc" of history.
2. Throughout history it's shown that civilizations always fails in the end. That social progress within that particular civilization is at best a short term victory.
3. In fact, a good case could be made that our current ordering of world society based on westen civilization ideas is just another cycle and it will be soon followed by failure.
1. For those still thinking Cruz is in trouble in TX let me remind you of real results of the primary just 5 months ago.
Cruz got 1.317 million votes to Betos 641,000. Cruz by himself defeated the entire Dem field. (Combined the dems only got 1.04 million)
2. Texas is also electing a govenor this year. A very popular gov. This will mean the GOP will come out to vote. The Texas primaries had 1.5 million GOP voters to 1.0 million Dem voters.
3. The turnout for the primaries was devestating for the Dems. The Dems can't win in a red state with that type of turnout by the GOP in primaries. Their hope for a win was a higher turnout among the Dems and a lower turnout by the GOP. They didn't get that.
1. Why does the Left/dems hate the US Constitution so much? I've had this thought kicking around for a few days. As always think what you will.
2. The US Constitution was written during a time just after a revolution and a failed confederation. The writers of the document sought to heal the bitter division in the country and to form a union of the sovereign states for protection from the wider world among other things.
3. While many of the ideas of the U.S. Constitution were revolutionary in and of themselves the document itself was an effort to produce a means to stop the need for future revolutions.
1. The leader of the United States of America before a special joint session of congress issued a call to the Nation. He did this one month after the USSR became the first nation in the world to put a man in space.
2. He asked the Congress and Nation to fund a human moon landing before the end of the decade. This was done because the nation was losing the space race to the nation of the USSR.
3. He called for the entire Nation to direct it's talents, it's resources and it's grit to achieve this goal. He believed if the USA did this it would show mankind that the freedom championed by the USA was a better choice than the communism/socialism championed by the USSR.
1. It seems to me that Lanny Davis is working for Trump as a Judas goat. Forget about everything for a second and just concentrate on the results that have occurred since Davis became Cohen's lawyer. CNN and Bernstein ruined, the dossier further debunked
2. The tower meeting talking point falling by wayside, tempest in a Dcup story line exposed as a non crime. Lanny Davis because of his reputation was believed by the media.They didn't bother to fact check. In fact his lies where too Good to Check for the media so they ran with it
3. Lanny Davis from his time as Clinton's lawyer is known to be a lying no good for nothing lawyer to everyone & yet because he was Clinton's lawyer the media accepted his words without bothering to check them. Classic. Only Lanny could have pulled this off.
1. The turnout for the GOP in FL should worry the Dems. Their entire strategy for taking back the house rests on a higher turnout for the Dems and a depressed turnout for the GOP. Now in three (maybe 4 once AZ is fully counted) GOP turnout has been above normal. (FL,TN,TX)
2. During normal midterms GOP voters usually turn out higher than Dem voters. If the GOP is now matching the higher Dem turnout numbers in primaries, that won't end well for the dems if it continues into the general.
3. It seems the impeachment talk and the statements from the dems talking about undoing all the great economic progress Trump has made is firing up the GOP base. Now tonight, the Dems added to that message by going full socialist in FL of all places. FL isnt Queens NY.
1. A discussion this morning got me to thinking about the media and why they have been doing this Pickett's Charge for the last two years.
2. To do this I tried to put myself in their shoes and understand why they think the Pickett's charge will work.
3. Aside from the fact they are one of the last lines of defense for the Democrat party and are trying desperately to hold the line as well as protect the Dems flank, I thought of 2 other possible reasons for their actions. There are probably more but I'm going to talk about one.
1. Here is a point that hardly no one is making. In the next 70+ days ALL signs are pointing to the fact, the economy will continue to improve, It takes a lot of hate to vote against your own economic self interest. Dems are counting on affluent suburban voters to do just that.
2. Because of the secret ballot, I just don't see it working out for the dems. No one who is sane votes against their own economic self interest. It just doesn't happen. You can't shame people or bully people inside that voting booth when no one sees you check that box.
3. People can and will vote for their own economic self interest in the secret voting booth and then can come out and loudly virtue signal they voted for the "proper" candidate but only they will ever know the truth. The left can't compete with that.
WOW Larry Sabato beginning at 5:20 in video tries to walk back expectations of a blue wave. States only 36 house seats are toss ups with 34 of those being GOP held seats,many dems are worried public expectations are too high. blue wave not in data ATM.
Also explains the dem strategy is to NOT nationalize the mid terms but to concentrate on local issues. Like I said many times before the best strategy for the GOP is to nationalize the election. Trump's 50+ campaign stops will be a game changer and not allow the dems to hide.
In other words the dems need to run the table to win back control of the house, The dems are trying to hide who they are and have no platform that the American people want. They are counting on Trump hate and the media to get them over the finish line.
1. For those wondering about the cancellation of the military parade, Trump's tweet today is very informative and the whole thing can be explained using my First Rule when it comes to understanding Dems/socialist/Marxists.
First rule: LEFTISTS ARE NOT CAPITALISTS
2. The leftists that control the city of DC just sacrificed possibly 100's of millions in economic activity for a talking point. You see from a leftist POV it's a win-win for them to drive up the costs of the parade, instead of trying to get it for the lowest cost.
3. If the fed gov pays their extortion, the left will have a talking point of how much taxpayer money Trump's parade costs. If the fed gov doesn't pay, they don't have a military parade (reducing patriotism, causing Trump to have a "defeat")
"China’s leaders have argued that they can outlast Mr. Trump in a trade standoff. Their authoritarian system can stifle dissent and quickly redirect resources, and they expect Washington to be gridlocked and come under pressure from voters feeling the pain of trade disruptions."
1.The turnout numbers for the special election in OH12 got me thinking. It's a good example of the worst case we can expect going into the 2018 midterms especially for the House elections.
2. I'm not going to go back and look at every election to make sure but if my memory serves me, I've yet to see any dem turnout that has been more than the 2016 turnout. There may have been one or two but on the whole the 2016 dem turnout is the high water mark.
3. Even the VA elections last year that saw a big dem turnout for the Governor election was down by 500,000 compared to the 2016 turnout. True, it was higher than normal governor elections but again it didn't overcome the high water mark of the 2016 presidential election.
1. Okay going to debunk some of the talking points and bubblethink in the media today about the blue wave being real. For this, I'm going to use this article from Breitbart which lists the 5 biggest groupthink ideas.
2. First, the writer gets it wrong right out of the box by calling OH12 a primary election. It wasn't. It was a special election. There were primary elections in 4 other states last night but OH12 wasn't one of them.
3. This may seem like nitpicking but it isn't. There is a big difference between primaries and special elections and both gives different lessons about the current thinking of voters.
Quick wrap up of tonight's elections. Some votes are still outstanding but a couple points can be made. Trump's endorsement matters in the primaries. There are some Gop districts in trouble in WA one in MI(open seat) and one in MO. Not sure if they are GOPE or GOP.
Dem turnout was good in MI. MO senate seat looks very good for GOP. MI senate seat might be in play also. All &all a wash of a night. Dems continue to turnout; Gop continues their hit and miss turnout. When Gop turnout they win when they don't they win at times as well as lose.
midterms continue to be the GOP's to lose. They have 90 days to fire up the base and get the turnout to be strong and steady instead of hit or miss. GOPe will need to decide if they want to win or throw the election. As OH12 showed Trump might make the Gope wishes moot.
In short, these voters aren’t moved by culture wars in either direction; they value jobs and security equally with growth and over entrepreneurship; and they favor a robust but not adventurous foreign policy. amgreatness.com/2018/08/03/the…
They can live with the base of either party as long as their needs and wants are satisfied.
Trump demonstrated that connection with these voters in spades. He clearly is not a culture warrior, except to the extent that he provokes progressives to engage in culture wars of their own against these voters.
1. You have all heard about the open seats the GOP has to defend and how this is going to lead to a blue wave and a dem takeover of Congress. Well tonight that narrative got a 2x4 of reality upside the head at least in Tennessee.
2. In Tenn primary 4 of those open seats were up for grabs. Three of those seats were in the House District 2, 6th and 7th and one in the senate.
3. In House district 2 the turnout so far with 95% reporting is
96,800 GOP votes to 30,300 Dem votes.