Luggard, my favorite @SheldrickTrust orphan has died. He was just 5-years-old and was one of the reasons I feel so passionate about protecting elephants.
I feel so grateful that I got to spend time with him...my heart is broken in half.
2. Luggard arrived at @SheldrickTrust nursery a few years ago after he lost his mom and had been shot in the leg which left him disabled.
Even though humans caused him nothing but grief and trauma, he was so tender and kind.
I filmed this video of him at the nursery in Kenya.
3. You can see in the video I posted in the tweet above that the other orphans were ahead of him. That was often not the case as Luggard was loved by the other orphans. His best friend Musiara would often slow down so that he could keep up with him.
2. Bill Gates has presidential level power in the sense there's no expert he can't get on the phone. There's no world leader he can't get on the phone. He can move mountains.
Jeffrey Epstein wasn't engaging in anything that would normally be of interest to the Gates Foundation.
3. But even if Epstein had been doing things that were of interest to the Gates Foundation, Gates didn't need him. And knowing what I know about how Gates allocates his time (very carefully), giving multiple meetings to Epstein for philanthropy just doesn't add up.
1. I know this weekend is difficult for those of you whose moms have passed away.
I also know this weekend is painful for those of you who have decided that it's not healthy to have a relationship with your mom.
Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.
2. One of the reasons this weekend is particularly difficult for those who have, for various reasons, decided to not have a relationship with their mom, is how many people urge them to reconcile without understanding why they decided to get some space.
3. I have so many friends who have been pressured by friends to "put the past aside." Some friends have caved to that pressure & regretted it because their moms quickly reminded them why they walked away.
Please don't place this pressure on people. It's none of your business.
1. Some of my friends (I love them) like to have different standards on text response time.
If they don't respond, they say they were busy or working, etc, & I better accept it.
If I don't respond within minutes/hours (despite having a very public cell #) I get texts like this:
2. All I want, and I think this is fair, is uniform standards. I have friends who aren't very good re responding to texts which I'm fine with because they don't complain when I don't respond quickly.
But a certain group of friends likes to have different standards...seems unfair
3. Often what I say to these friends who give me minutes to respond or say I'm ignoring them after a few hours or a day, is "you try having your cell phone number on your Twitter profile, and let's see how you handle it."
I think I'm pretty good about responding considering...
The Republic of Zimbabwe is going to sell 500 licenses to hunt elephants this year. A license to hunt one elephant will go for as much as $70k
The gov claims the money will be used to fund national parks & that the growing elephant population has become a safety hazard
2. One of the things I've tried to share with my followers is how unpopular elephants are in certain African countries. Deeply unpopular. Human-wildlife conflict is a major issue.
But allowing for the hunting of elephants doesn't solve this problem in the long-term.
3. There are solutions to deal with human-elephant conflict. For example, elephants are terrified of bees. Farms with bee hives lining their borders keep elephants away. In other countries, shooting elephants with contraception darts has been stunningly effective.
2. How do I know this? Well, there have been news reports. But more importantly, two of my friends were her clients and they had to sue & threaten to sue her in order to get money they had earned.
But there's more, she's been accused by multiple former clients on record of worse
3. When a client of hers wanted to part ways, Ariadna shared nude photographs (without the client's consent) with business partners and potential investors.
1. Exclusive: Sharon Osbourne, co-host of the CBS daytime panel show “The Talk,” would frequently refer to then-co-host Julie Chen, who is Chinese American, as “wonton” and “slanty eyes,” according to multiple sources.
3. After Osbourne's former colleague Holly Robinson Peete said Osbourne referred to her as "ghetto" and got her fired from "The Talk", Osbourne had her attorneys send a cease and desist letter saying if she didn't delete the tweet below, she would be sued
1. I think there WAS an alternate universe where Cuomo could have avoided impeachment and the growing calls to resign: if he had said, a month ago, that he wasn't running for re-election in 2022.
But it's too late now...here's why I think he could have avoided this.
2. What I've learned over years of doing sexual misconduct reporting is that accusers/survivors are more willing to go through the humiliating experience of sharing their stories in the hopes that there will be some accountability.
3. I can't speak on behalf of any of the women who have come forward, but from my past experience, a pledge to not run again or an announcement that someone won't renew their contract, often leads accusers to pull back...