Gillian Lazarus Profile picture
Feb 25, 2019 7 tweets 4 min read Read on X
Mazel tov @BarryGardiner Your interview with Sophie Ridge is cited on Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party forum as evidence that people like me (ex-Labour Jews & friends) are exaggerating the problem of #LabourAntisemitism.
Mr Tashvishi's posts are always printable and politely expressed but this is the general mood on the forum. Following the example of George Galloway, they liken us to Goebbels.
Like you, @BarryGardiner, they haven't any time for @theindgroup &, being pro-Corbyn, they want them to face by-elections, as you see here.
Veteran members.
Interviews @barrygardiner has given since his moving speech in the HoC debate ensure that he is not yet persona non with the folk of the forum,
Lastly, because I don't think threads should be of a Shaun Lawson amplitude, this tweet conveys that @BarryGardiner is still seen as Corbyn's ally against people like me.
PS as I always see something more when I think I've finished, this is what you're facilitating, @BarryGardiner. Look behind you. Oh yes they are.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Gillian Lazarus

Gillian Lazarus Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @GillianLazarus

Feb 17
1/ I'm doing a short thread called 'Corbynists talk about Keir Starmer's wife.' Why? Because these people who deny antisemitism have no idea how to recognize it. Image
2/ From another Corbynist forum. Image
3/ Image
Read 8 tweets
Dec 6, 2022
1/ Asa Winstanley of Electronic Intifada has a book out, 'Weaponizing Antisemitism.' I see it's recommended not only by Jackie Walker but also Rita Allison, admin of 'Truthers against Zionist Lobbies'.
2/ I rarely look at Truthers these days, due to the queasiness of seeing their neonazism entwined with their avowed humanitarian concern for Palestinians, in other words, the far right masked up as the moderate left.
However, this is their schtick.
3/ Truthers used a cover picture of Jeremy Corbyn but were so intensely antisemitic that the authors of the Leaked Report (April 2020) considered them beyond the pale.
Read 8 tweets
Dec 5, 2022
In one respect, they're on the right track: they are indeed extremely frightening, for several reasons. Image
Their beliefs are frightening. They believe that Mo Mowlam & Jeremy together achieved peace in N Ireland; that JC could be PM by Xmas; that Keir expelled JC because JC is against antisemitism; that Jeremy's popularity is so great, only a cunning conspiracy stopped him being PM...
...and you don't need me to tell you whom they suspect of being the conspirators.
Read 4 tweets
Jul 27, 2022
1/ I'm often the recipient of not particularly friendly tweets from people with 'It was a scam' as their logo, alongside the pro Corbyn hashtag on their Twitter bio.
A thought follows.
2/ 2017: many people found Corbyn refreshingly unspun, honest, sensible & good-hearted.
By 2019, he had showed a curmudgeonly side & his reputation was tainted due to his past association with terrorists & antisemites.
2020: No longer leader, he displayed resentment towards...
3/..his successor and blamed his electoral failures on a campaign against him by bad faith players. It became axiomatic among his supporters to identify these as the PLP, the media, Jewish organizations & Israel. The latter, found daily among Corbynist supporters, crystallized...
Read 9 tweets
Jul 26, 2022
Guess what - I've found another Vince Woosey (alias Giles F Armer alias Scott Ryan) account. It's Jack Duggan.
Here he is as Scott Ryan.
...and here as Giles.
Read 5 tweets
Jul 24, 2022
I see that among Scott Ryan's 18 friends are Vince Woosey & Vince's alias, Giles F Armer. Purely circumstantial of course. Image
Here is Scott in a Facebook group called Labour Party Supporter. Image
Scott's literary & orthographic style as well as his preoccupations have much in common with those of Giles F Armer. Image
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(