1. I was an international student admissions evaluator & advisor for 3 years. I’ve issued I-20s. I’ve had countless international students in my office. I currently still work in international admissions/collegiate administration. 1/14
- Imagine you were admitted to a university in a foreign country. It’s prestigious and exciting.
- Maybe you get lucky or are awarded funding based on your merit to offset costs. Maybe not.
- You then have to apply for a visa appointment. Which is next to impossible right now due to covid, but let’s say you did it in the past.
- But let’s say everything goes well and you were able to come on-campus for Fall 2019 or Spring 2020. Then COVID hits with a vengeance.
- thankfully, the US government approves as an exception for you to take classes online so your visa status remains in good standing.
But then policy changes.
- Your school is going fully online due to COVID? Too bad, the govnmt says. Transfer or leave.