Tom Harwood Profile picture
Apr 15, 2021 11 tweets 4 min read Read on X
Caterpillar cakes, ranked.
/THREAD/
1/ Colin the Caterpillar - M&S

The OG. Simple, effective, nice mix of white and milk chocolate topped with smarties.
2/ Cecil the Caterpillar - Waitrose

I like the rice paper eyes and the white chocolate stripes are a nice touch, but the proportions are just a bit off. Dumpy.
3/ Curly the Caterpillar - Tesco

Taste wise I like the fondant face, and chewy gummy drops on the caterpillar's back, but the look is just creepy. With eyes like that it could be a tank engine.
4/ Wiggles the Caterpillar - Sainsbury's

The hundreds and thousands are a nice touch but loses originality points as the face looks like a carbon copy of Colin, and extra points lost over lack of alliteration.
5/ Morris the Caterpillar - Morrisons

Looks sad. Poor craftsmanship on the eyes and weak back decorations. Far from top tier.
6/ Cuthbert the Caterpillar - Aldi

Very low effort cake. Sporadic small smarties, no originality on the face. Can see why they're being sued.
7/ Clyde the Caterpillar - ASDA

Horrific. Only give to someone you hate. The companion 'make it yourself' kit is the stuff of nightmares.
8/ 'Celebration Caterpillar Cake' - Iceland
and
'Curious Caterpillar Cake' - Co Op

Both disqualified for not having proper names.
9/ Connie the Caterpillar - M&S

Terrifying and frankly sexist.
10/ Bonnie the Caterpillar - ASDA.

No alliteration. Name is a blatant rhyme rip off of Connie. If anything should be sued it's this one.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Tom Harwood

Tom Harwood Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @tomhfh

Jul 24, 2023
Some key facts from Michael Gove's announcement of Cambridge's New Quarter:
🧪 In 2021, Boston had six million square feet of lab space under development; in an average year, Cambridge and Oxford together manage just 300,000 square feet.

🕙In Cambridge today, you have to wait almost a year for the next available lab space.

The demand is clear.
To respond the government is planning a major new quarter for the city, built in a way that is in-keeping with the beauty of the historic centre.

It plans "human-scale streetscapes" emulating areas like Clifton in Bristol or Marylebone in London. Image
Read 14 tweets
Jun 9, 2023
Boris resignation statement:

"I have received a letter from the Privileges Committee making it clear - much to my amazement - that they are determined to use the proceedings against me to drive me out of parliament."
"They have still not produced a shred of evidence that I knowingly or recklessly misled the Commons."

"Their purpose from the beginning has been to find me guilty, regardless of the facts. This is the very definition of a kangaroo court."
"Most members of the Committee - especially the chair - had already expressed deeply prejudicial remarks about my guilt before they had even seen the evidence. They should have recused themselves."
Read 7 tweets
Jun 9, 2023
George Osborne up at the Tory Northern Research Group conference now, interviewed by Carlisle MP and NRG Chairman John Stevenson:

Says ‘the north’ used to be thought of as a Labour idea - Tories thought of counties rather than one area. Says things changed 2013/14. Image
Osborne: “I’m more encouraged about the party’s leadership than I have been at any point since I left office in 2016.”
On devolution cites Boston area in America, Tokyo area in Japan - says you can present an economic cluster that is attractive to business.

Acting together as one area rather than individual towns far more attractive to inward investment. Agglomeration.
Read 10 tweets
Jun 9, 2023
Ben Houchen says the Conservative Party should get back to the phrase Northern Powerhouse.

“We need to accelerate Levelling up, we need to accelerate the northern powerhouse, we need to accelerate devolution.” Image
Adds that often jobs created in north lead to imported labour not just from the rest of the world but also rest of country.

Says skills and training needed, but accuses DFE of being the most anti devolution department in government. He wants DFE to devolve some skills powers.
Houchen says fiscal devolution - tax rates etc - should be “ultimately the goal” of mature devolution for metro mayor areas, as it is with Wales and Scotland.
Read 4 tweets
Jun 7, 2023
US Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre on Sunak's Stateside visit:

"The President is looking forward to welcoming Prime Minister Sunak to the White House to further deepen the close economic relationship between the US and the UK, and to discuss key challenges & opportunities..."
"... this will be the fourth consecutive month the President has met the Prime Minister. Already this year they have met in Hiroshima at the G7, in Belfast in April, and in San Diego in March at the AUKUS trilateral event about our long term defence and security partnerships..."
"...During this visit tomorrow the two leaders will review a range of global issues including our economic partnership, our shared support for Ukraine as it defends itself against Russia's brutal war, as well as further action to accelerate the clean energy transition..."
Read 22 tweets
Jun 7, 2023
Perhaps try to write out that tweet again, this time sounding a little less like an actual terrorist?
"Tom needs to learn that the government needs to concede to their demands or the disruption will continue." ImageImageImageImage
I'm obviously being facetious here - JSO aren't ISIS - but I think there is a serious point here.

Indulging those who believe "disruption" is the proper way to influence policy rather than *democracy* - that is a very slippery slope.
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(