Arvid Kahl Profile picture
May 20, 2021 7 tweets 4 min read Read on X
🚨 The Embedded Entrepreneur Launch Update, 24h Edition.

- 188 sales on @gumroad
- 130 sales on @amazon

It's starting to rank, too. It's currently #10 on the Entrepreneur best-sellers and all three editions (eBook, paperback, hardcover) are on the Top 100 New Releases. 🥳🚀
Most paperbacks and hardcovers are not included in the Amazon list — yet. I assume that an additional 50% of the reported number was ordered as a print version, so add another ~60 to the mix.

So day one saw 318 - ~370 sales. We'll know for sure next week when they're delivered!
Sales on @Gumroad have been spectacular. As usual, that platform allows me to reach those readers who don't have easy access to Amazon as Americans or Germans might. Also, the Notion-based toolkit is sold exclusively on Gumroad.
Now, to the rankings!

#10 in Entrepreneurship Best-sellers. That's just flat-out awesome.

Let's see how high we can climb here :D

amazon.com/gp/bestsellers…
The book also ranks on the New Releases page — in fact, ALL THREE VERSION OF THE BOOK are there.

On amazon.com/gp/new-release…
- eBook on #4
- paperback on #25

On amazon.com/gp/new-release…
- paperback on #80

(Also, 👋 to my book-title-brother @shl on #82)
My launch tweet has so far gathered 421,651 impressions. Almost half a million people. 🤩

And even better, over 40.000 plays of my super-high-quality professional amateur video that I taped on my couch :D
I'm looking forward to seeing those Amazon developments over the next few days. Super excited to see my book among such illustrious names and beloved books.

What a day!

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Arvid Kahl

Arvid Kahl Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @arvidkahl

Mar 20, 2023
This Wednesday, I'll publish the 200th Bootstrapped Founder podcast ep — an interview with @mijustin, one of my favorite indie hackers.

Without Justin's @TransistorFM, all these amazing conversations wouldn't have happened!

Tune in at tbf.fm 🥰

(Links below!)
@mijustin @TransistorFM Here's the latest episode where @robfitz talks about the Mom Test, writing useful books, the future of AI and what it means for founders, creators, and our collective knowledge production systems.

share.transistor.fm/s/fd014e11
Read 6 tweets
Mar 17, 2023
A recent 99% Invisible episode caught my… ear:

In the early web —think GeoCities— people were taught how to use the web without being taught how to perform.

The result we’re honest, authentic, sometimes cringy but always earnest websites.

👇

99percentinvisible.org/episode/lost-c…
I feel like today, we’re seeing the exact opposite. People don’t know how to technically build a website but they sure know how to present a fake life that appeals to other users of the medium.

In the early web, we didn’t have anything to optimize for.
Today, we are so focused on getting attention, that the thing that we share stops to matter in many cases.

As someone who is teaching others to build an audience, I feel conflicted, but I don’t think this is unresolvable.
Read 7 tweets
Feb 19, 2023
A lot of "Twitter 2-factor authentication removal" outcry on my feed right now.

Apparently, there are phone companies out there creating massive amounts of bot accounts to be able to charge Twitter for SMS fees.

How many? 390 companies! Causing 60mil in damages per year!

👇
It's essentially caused by regulation and guaranteed pricing schemes that can be gamed. And some companies have no inhibitions to doing just that.

In Europe, you have to pay 3ct to send an SMS to your customer. That adds up. And sucks when it's fraud.

Here's @elonmusk's view:
So what did he do? He told the team to cut off all phone companies with 10%+ fraud.

That turned out to be almost 400 companies.

400 real telecom businesses create fake Twitter accounts to be able to charge SMS delivery fees.

WHAT!?
Read 6 tweets
Jan 11, 2023
Remote work is here to stay. Stay-at-home work, so to speak. 🏡

But our homes are usually ill-equipped to make working a full-time job enjoyable or productive.

This can —and will— change.

What would the ideal futuristic remote-first home look like?

Here are 5 predictions 👇
1) Every house will have at least one office space. In fact, new builds might focus on having one office per adult inhabitant. With that comes a hunger for reliable bandwidth, which will move from afterthought to determining factor for building location. Partnerships will thrive.
2) Gone are the days of the single-purpose guest room. Modular rooms will be planned for remote-first houses, with quick-to-deploy-and-hide furniture, movable sections, and flexible lighting. “Remote first furniture” designers will flourish.
Read 10 tweets
Jan 9, 2023
I turned 38 last week. As a LotR fan, I follow the Hobbit tradition & GIVE gifts instead of getting them.

Here’s my birthday gift to YOU: for the next 24 hrs, my books & course are "Pay What You Want", $1 minimum.

15.000+ copies sold; go check ‘em out!

bootstrappedfounder.gumroad.com
This is my gift to you: for just today, my work, valued at $150+ at the very least, will be $5 if you buy everything at its minimum price. Two eBooks, two audiobooks, and an extensive course.

Of course, you can pay as much as you’d like, but that’s 100% up to you.
Why am I doing this? Well, I know that many of my followers can’t afford or haven’t yet made up their minds about getting into my books and courses. Today, I want them to be able to.

Also, here’s me as a Hobbit, according to @midjourney.. Let me explain to you why that matters:
Read 8 tweets
Dec 30, 2022
I'm looking for sponsors for The Bootstrapped Founder (podcast & newsletter) in 2023.

If you're running a business that helps and empowers creators & entrepreneurs and want to reach thousands of them, reach out at empowerment@thebootstrappedfounder.com or book here: Image
The link to book: passionfroot.xyz/arvid-kahl

All bookings will be vetted by me, of course. First come, first serve.
The podcast recently reached 142.000 downloads and has listeners all over the world: Image
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(