Moya Lothian-McLean Profile picture
May 31, 2021 15 tweets 7 min read Read on X
There's been a lot of talk about a gossip forums. Recently my name has cropped up on an infamous one, with notable posts from a user who also posts viciously about influencers, including people like Tolly from The Receipts, Ben Anderson, Rochelle Humes & a friend of mine
This user 'lumpfish' is a 'VIP member' of this forum. They comment voraciously &without any empathy for the people they're talking about. The 3rd shot is their response to someone going quiet on socials after taking part in speculation that saw someone's hair fall out from stress
Yesterday however, 'lumpfish' made a mistake - I was alerted by someone that they were referencing an Instagram story I'd put up (while also trying to encourage users to make a separate thread about me). The thing was, this story was only visible to my Close Friends on Instagram
There's only about 5 people I don't know personally on that Close Friends story. Only 3 of them had seen it by the time 'lumpfish' sent their comments, including this follow up which confirmed they had access to the story (& gives you a taste of the way they talk about people)
Quickly I cross referenced things 'lumpfish' had revealed about themselves on the gossip forums with the suspects. There was 1 person who stuck out, who followed most of the accounts they slagged off & who had privately interacted with me, a finsta I'd previously had & my friend
So obviously, I took a lesson from the legendary Colleen Rooney and laid some bait, by removing everyone but them from my Close Friends stories and posting two absolutely RIDIC uploads (that I never normally would) to see what they would do. I wanted confirmation it was them.
In the morning (this happened yday evening) we had our answer! 'Lumpfish' had deleted the comments that implicated them AND the person I had suspected had both seen my close friends stories and blocked me on Insta.
(oh and hereforthepictures, no, my family isn't rich, that cottage is a two bed built by my great-grandad. I'm just lucky they set up shop in somewhere as beautiful as Herefordshire. but I'm sure you know that already!)
Now, I'm not going to reveal lumpfish's real name. But she's a nurse. She's about my age. She has a family. And most interestingly, she's regularly messaged me and other targets with extremely complimentary things. These are just a sample of messages she sent to 1 person
When on the gossip forum she was saying stuff like this:
She's also messaged me too and has access to me but meanwhile is trying to encourage people on this forum to start a thread on me and speculating about my private life (the inference being that if I did take back a cheating bf, that would somehow make me morally impure)
Now, I get that I have a public profile. I get all of the people she's talked about have a public profile. But for me, this level of duplicity and viciousness goes further than simply 'gossiping'.
I'm honestly not too bothered but the damage this forum has inflicted on people I care about, because the people posting regard them as untouchable and therefore fair game, is horrendous. I would have messaged this person directly, but they blocked me out of fear before I could
This has taught ME a lesson about adding people to my private networks based on 'good vibes' too ofc. And I really do accept that people are gonna chat. But this is truly is a whole new level.
Just to finish this off - the person I thought was lumpfish has confirmed it was them. They've apologized to me privately and will do so to others. I've promised to continue keep their identity private.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Moya Lothian-McLean

Moya Lothian-McLean Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @mlothianmclean

Oct 24, 2023
One thing I wanted to highlight in my most recent Substack was how quickly nebulous (mostly Islamophobic) suspicion around mass Palestine protests has calcified into hysterical fact. A quick example:
On Sat, a separate rally to the mass march was organised by an Islamic fundamentalist group. Different location, different people. At that rally, a video was captured of a man shouting 'jihad'.

Now 'jihad' just means a struggle against injustice but for the sake of examining outrage here, let's take into context the affiliation it has in the UK, which is w/Islamic extremism.

Also on Saturday, a TFL tube driver was captured on video leading calls to 'free Palestine'.
Read 8 tweets
Aug 3, 2022
Maybe you've never heard of 'Maya Lothian-McLean' @afneil because that's not my name. Merci for the write up tho!
dailymail.co.uk/debate/article… Andrew Neil is really mad at the NYT publishing op-eds from names he doesn't recognise lol. Only Andrew Neil is allowed to publish with the NYT!
The piece is funny because it's Neil - who last wrote a guest essay for the NYT on 8 July – basically being angry that a paper he rates would dare publish a) non-prolific journalists and writers and b) opinions from non-prolific journalists and writers he disagrees with
Read 5 tweets
Aug 1, 2022
what is this hunny #LoveIsland
it brings me no joy to report that the interpol are on their way to apprehend Laura for aesthetic crimes (with secondary charges of bad hosting) #LoveIsland
Laura... if I speak! Not putting her guests at ease, never asks the interesting questions, rushes to fill gaps where the good stuff happens, can't just let things marinate. Feels more nervous than the contestants at times #LoveIsland
Read 4 tweets
Aug 1, 2022
Bridgerton popularising string covers of pop music has a lot to answer for... and I lap up every single one #LoveIsland
Gemma is 19 and I hope in a few years she stops taking herself so seriously. Life will be more fun! And she won't dress like she's starring in the Dallas reboot #LoveIsland
Laura had a dreadful accident in the Shein warehouse just before going live :( #LoveIsland
Read 12 tweets
Jun 14, 2022
Got down to Colnbook Removal Centre; at the moment activists are still blocking the road, trying to buy time for remaining people yet to be moved to flight
News in: injunction has been successful - one of those detained will not be on flight
Officers have now removed all but two pairs of activists from front of immigration centre - at one point there was a chase followed by a rough takedown
Read 19 tweets
Jun 13, 2022
Outside the Home Office for @novaramedia, live tweeting today’s demo against the #Rwanda deportations which are set to begin tomorrow. Protesters are starting to gather in earnest, as police struggle to usher traffic down Marsham Street.
.@bencsmoke is leading speakers today; he starts by noting the presence of @HackneyCopWatch and Legal Observers to support in response to police presence.
It appears there are two concurrent protests happening outside the Hone Office; one organised by a coalition of rights organisations and the other, reportedly, by Stand Up To Racism.
Read 25 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(