Norman Goh Profile picture
Jul 26, 2021 6 tweets 4 min read Read on X
#Parliament Heated session today as Selayang MP William Leong took on the Speaker to task to bring the motions by opposition leader and Port Dickson MP Anwar Ibrahim for debate.

"How are you going to face the (Covid-19) victims who are going to die in the next 6 months?"
#Parliament Earlier, Bukit Gelugor MP Ramkarpal Singh made a scathing remark against the House Speaker Azhar Harun, asking him if he is "government lapdog" and that he should resign from his position.
#Parliament Pokok Sena MP Mahfuz Omar argued if the such practices in the parliamentary special session today is akin to "an act of war" against the Federal Constitution and "attacking" the Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
#Parliament House Speaker Azhar Azizan Harun raised his voice to show his discontent to the opposition bench and said, "You bring up the Standing Orders, yet you don't follow the Standing Orders. According to the Standing Orders, when I speak, you shut up!"
#Parliament Opposition leader @anwaribrahim lamented how the government can simply announce the revocation of the emergency ordinance without first being debated or tabled, likened it to a "night market".
#Parliament Former deputy prime minister and Pandan MP @drwanazizah questions the government of the day failed to understand and emphatise with the contract doctors who staged the walkout today for #HartalDoktorKontrak.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Norman Goh

Norman Goh Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @imnormgoh

Mar 26, 2023
The week that was - it has been a busy week for Malaysia 🇲🇾.

1. Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim is back on the work visits after a round in the Southeast Asian region (Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei, Thailand, Philippines and next to Cambodia), he made his maiden trip to Saudi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
The Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦 visit was an important one to connect to the Middle East region and this region in particular, has an important geopolitical position for Malaysia.

That being said, Anwar said the Saudi Arabian leaders had requested him to extend his visit so that he could… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
"I appreciate the invitation, including for an audience scheduled with King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud and the Crown Prince, but had to turn it down because of the scheduled iftar with the Yang di-Pertuan Agong tomorrow and an official visit to Cambodia,” Anwar said. Anwar Ibrahim at the Meet Anwar event on 18 March in KL.
Read 9 tweets
Dec 19, 2022
The danger of publishing news without background checks on claims made - it will lead to confusion, defamation and disinformation.

Newsrooms and journalists ought to exercise caution, not to fall into the barrage of mis/disinformation.
Let’s take one example today on the alleged Agenzia Nova article about PM Anwar Ibrahim.

Taking a closer look, there were two articles published, one sensational headline and the other calling Anwar a reformist (in Italian).

Do note, none of these articles have authors. 🚩
Who is Agenzia Nova? Who runs it? Who are they? Why is there an interest of an obscure website in Italian on Malaysia?

Checking its domain information, no identification about the owner or editors. No names of editors and journalists. Socials have little engagement.

Red flags.
Read 9 tweets
Dec 19, 2022
Former Sungai Petani MP, Johari Abdul from PKR is officially elected as the new Dewan Rakyat Speaker with 147 votes.

In the last session, he was the party’s chief whip.
Speaker of the House, Johari Abdul (PH-PKR) takes the oath of office as the new Speaker.
Ramli Mohd Nor, Cameron Highlands MP (BN-UMNO) and Alice Lau, Lanang MP (PH-DAP) have been elected as Deputy Speakers of the House.
Read 6 tweets
Dec 18, 2022
It was raining so heavily on my way to Bukit Jalil stadium and upon arriving, all hell stopped.

Waiting to catch @JJ_Lin tonight for the JJ Lin’s World Tour concert, this is my first concert after almost 10 years since Avicii’s performance in 2013.
Last minute decision to catch @JJ_Lin’s last leg of the #JJLin20 World Tour in 2022 here in Kuala Lumpur! Sort of like a treat for myself after graduating for my masters. twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
What a surprise tonight when @JJ_Lin brought @JacksonWang852 on stage to duet their song “Should’ve Let Go” at the Malaysia leg of #JJLin20 World Tour 2022.

Yesterday, Jackson Wang just had his #MAGICMANWorldTourinKL at Axiata Arena.
Read 4 tweets
Dec 2, 2022
Ok, it's 8.15PM.

Getting ready to update as we go along with the Cabinet announcement. What can we expect tonight?
It’s on. Now waiting for the unveil.
Watch on @501Awani here:
Here's a quick overview:

Prime Minister & Finance: Anwar Ibrahim (PKR-PH)
Deputy PM 1, Rural & Territories Development: Ahmad Zahid Hamidi (UMNO-BN)
Deputy PM 2, Plantations & Commodities: Fadillah Yusof (PBB-GPS)
Read 11 tweets
Oct 21, 2022
My worst fear just came, now I have to fork out more money to change flight tickets for my parents, and accommodation too.

Sigh! Image
Expensive to change for flights from Sarawak to KL and accommodation for both my parents who will be here to attend my convocation. All these added to the extra costs and burden.

Imagine so many people who are also affected by these.
The change of convocation date from November to December created so much problems and added more burden, costs to graduates and their parents, particularly those from Sabah and Sarawak.

Plans were made way ahead of time in order for us to arrange flights and accommodation.
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(