Sean Beckner-Carmitchel Profile picture
Jul 31, 2021 14 tweets 5 min read Read on X
Good evening! There’s yet another anti mask demonstration outside Harlowe in West Hollywood, which have been going on for several days. As they prepared, there were several crackles that sounded like tasers. Yesterday, the group sent @VPS_Reports to the emergency room.
Here’s a thread with several overlapping videos showing him being surrounded, chased, pushed and struck.
Seeing several in tactical vests, several weopon pouches, several knives among the anti vaccine group. Several obstructing their faces with umbrellas and flag gaiters. Several “lookie loos” nearby.
One of the anti-mask protestors currently walking around with a sign that says “Vaccine passport - No No” and a Star of David.
A car plastered with various COVID-related conspiracies is parked nearby.
Group beginning to get more aggressive: putting signs in the camera and face of a @N2Sreports videographer.
Members of the group began running towards me, several armed. Seeing some brass knuckles. Backed into the first open door available, which happened to be a Trader Joe’s. Several followed inside, several other photogs were ended up inside. Many in the crowd waiting outside.
Large group remaining outside.
Slipped out the back door, and am to safety.
Anti-maskers still outside as of about 9:15.

Spoke w/ Lt. Aguirre of LASD WeHo. (1) Asked if they’ve heard complaints:
“Received mainly noise complaints, received isolated reports from the public involving possible acts of violence but haven’t been able to confirm that yet”
Spoke w/ Lt. Aguirre of LASD WeHo. (2) Asked why Unlawful Assembly was called last night (the night @VPS_Reports was hospitalized from injuries), “there were reports of assaults with pepper spray. A person from one group assaulted protestors from another group.”
Spoke w/ Lt. Aguirre of LASD WeHo. (3) Asked if there has been reports of press members being threatened or assaulted: “Not that I’m aware of. “

Asked about Trader Joe’s earlier today? “We were told it was uneventful”
This video was sent my way. It does appear as though it was taken today, based on the clothing of many of the participants matching earlier today and would have occurred at dusk. Not sure what happened earlier as the source is down but the man is kicked and pushed into a tree.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Sean Beckner-Carmitchel

Sean Beckner-Carmitchel Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ACatWithNews

Sep 23
Earlier today: a group of about 20 arrived at Diesel bookstore at the Brentwood Country Mart to protest “Understanding Hamas,” a book which details the group. LAPD arrived.
The bookstore has seen a large amount of social media accounts calling for protest and removal of the book, including several explicit calls for arson of the bookstore.
When allowing LAPD officers into the store, some in the group taunted an employee by shouting “they/them,” and referring to queers for Palestine.
Read 8 tweets
Jun 25
Standing behind @MayorOfLA as part of their “united front,” today alongside an associate dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center and an "acknowledged expert on online hatesharing the stage with them, is InfoWars host Adam King, who hosts his podcast show on Alex Jones' InfoWars. 🧵
In January 2024, Adam King appeared as guest on the popular show Slightly Offensive, hosted by neo-nazi Eljah Schaffer, alongside Proud Boys founder Gavin McGinnes, neo-nazi Nick Fuentes, and white supremacist Vincent James Foxx. From Angry White Men:
angrywhitemen.org/2024/01/15/on-…
In September 2023, Adam King, the same right-wing conspiracy theorist who hosts his show on Alex Jones's site, demonstrated outside the ADL's New York headquarters in 2023 with a sign that read "The ADL Hates Jews - Change My Mind" Image
Read 7 tweets
Jun 23
A pro-Palestinian protest outside of Adas Torah is here, blocking entrance. LAPD arriving with less lethal. In Pico-Robertson, Los Angeles, CA.

The area is very tightly packed.

Nominally, the pro-Palestinian faction here to stop a real estate sale in Israel and Gaza. I’ve been unable to independently confirm that the real estate sale is happening.
LAPD pushing back pro-Palestinian demonstrators.
Read 28 tweets
Jun 13
Greetings! I’m OTG at CSULA’s Salazar Hall after a pro-Palestine actionThe amount of damage is pretty staggering, here’s the view of the inside student services.
Here’s the view inside CSULA’s student services building post Pro-Palestine occupation.
Lots of damage here at CSULA. interestingly enough there is a lot of property damage but from what I can tell everything seems to have remained in the building itself.
Read 7 tweets
May 16
Matin Mehdizadeh appears to be the culprit that launched at least several of the fireworks via mortar into the encampment at UCLA. He was also involved in at least one press attack.

He also was involved in the attack on reporter @doloresquintana . From piece for @LCRWnews -

Matin Mehdizadeh appears at multiple points to have control over the loud speaker which played taunting and repetitive music during the attack.
Mehdizadeh can also be seen here harassing Santa Monica Mirror reporter @doloresquintana .

She was later attacked.

Also of note, someone asks Nouri Mehdizadeh to bring his laser pointer. A pointer was shined into people’s eyes repeatedly that night.

Read 5 tweets
May 1
I’m OTG at the UCLA Gaza Solodarity Encampment. A large group of pro-Israel demonstrators are around. One person from the encampment looks very hurt. Hundreds throughout the area.
Reports of fireworks being thrown towards the encampment. Seeing a plume of smoke (looks like just firework smoke for now) coming from near the encampment.
One person (I can’t say for sure which side he’s on) treating what appears to be a pepper spray injury.
Read 18 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(