Governor Kathy Hochul Profile picture
Aug 29, 2021 7 tweets 4 min read Read on X
Beautiful day today to enjoy all the family fun at the @NYSFair Governor Hochul walks outsi...
First, I paid tribute to our fallen service members who gave their lives fighting for New York and our country's freedom.

I thank them and their families for the dedication and sacrifice. Governor Hochul kneels at W...Governor Hochul stands mask...
Said hello to our hardworking @nyspolice and met some of their newest troopers. Governor Hochul pets NYS tr...Governor Hochul pets NYS tr...
It wouldn't be a visit to the Fair without $0.25 cups of fresh milk (and this year strawberry milk is back although I'm personally a fan of chocolate milk) Governor Hochul and two oth...
One of the most iconic parts of the @NYSFair are the 800lb butter sculpture & the massive sand sculpture. This year's themes pay tribute to getting our kids back to the activities they love safely, and honoring our essential workers who were on the frontlines during the pandemic. Governor Hochul looks at 80...Massive sand sculpture payi...
And of course had to have an Italian sausage sandwich. Governor Hochul outdoors at...Governor Hochul prepares to...
Couldn't ask for a more wonderful Sunday at the @NYSFair today.

The Fair is one of my favorite summertime events and there's still plenty of time to plan your visit! Don't miss out the NYS family fun.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Governor Kathy Hochul

Governor Kathy Hochul Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @GovKathyHochul

Jun 8, 2023
La calidad del aire sigue siendo mala. Quédese adentro y manténgase alertó.

Condiciones están mejorando, pero los avisos de calidad del aire siguen vigentes.

Aunque el aire se despeje mañana, estaremos preparados para que cambien los vientos y regrese el humo.
La contaminación del aire tiene impactos negativos en la salud.
🏠 Quédese adentro
😷 Use máscaras de alta calidad
👥 Chequee a sus familiares y vecinos
💻 Manténgase informado: llame a la línea directa de calidad del aire al 800-535-1345 o visite airnow.gov
Hablé con @CanadaNY, y mañana enviaremos más guardabosques @NYSDEC a Canadá para ayudarlos a combatir estos incendios forestales.

Se unirán con otros de New Hampshire y Maine, además de los 600 bomberos enviados por el gobierno federal.
Read 4 tweets
Jun 8, 2023
Air quality remains poor across New York. Our message is simple: Stay inside & stay alert.

While conditions are improving, air quality advisories remain in place. This is not over yet.

Even if the air clears tomorrow, we'll be prepared for the winds to shift & smoke to return.
Air pollution has negative health impacts.

Take steps to protect yourself:
🏠 Stay inside
😷 Consider wearing a high-quality mask outdoors
👥 Check on neighbors, friends, & family
💻 Stay aware: Call the air quality hotline at 800-535-1345 or visit airnow.gov
I spoke with @CanadaNY, & tomorrow we'll be deploying more @NYSDEC Forest Rangers to Canada to help them fight these wildfires.

They'll be joining others from New Hampshire & Maine, in addition to the 600 firefighters sent by the federal government.
Read 4 tweets
Oct 4, 2022
New York will be home to one of the largest economic development projects in American history.

The state’s largest-ever manufacturing project, @MicronTech is investing $100 billion over 20 years in a semiconductor manufacturing campus that will create nearly 50,000 jobs.
Based in Onondaga County, @MicronTech's investment marks the start of something transformative in scale and possibility for our state’s economic future.
Through our nation-leading Green CHIPS program, @MicronTech will make major investments in community and workforce development, significantly reduce its carbon footprint, and create thousands of good-paying jobs in an industry that will grow and prosper for generations to come.
Read 4 tweets
Sep 21, 2022
Estamos monitoreando el #HuracánFiona y trabajando para brindar apoyo. Con muchos neoyorquinos preocupados por sus seres queridos afectados por el huracán, quiero compartirles una actualización:
Si bien ha habido progreso, Puerto Rico está experimentando desafíos importantes:
- 1,2 millones no tienen electricidad
- 27% de la isla no tiene agua
- 1,301 personas están en albergues

Todos los hospitales están operando en este momento.
Ante crisis, Nueva York toma medidas. El huracán Fiona no es la excepción.

Los socorristas de @nyspolice están listos para ser enviados a Puerto Rico de inmediato.

Me estoy comunicando con @GovPierluisi y @LuisAbinader para responder a sus necesidades.
Read 5 tweets
Sep 21, 2022
My administration has been monitoring #HurricaneFiona and working to provide necessary support and resources.

I know many New Yorkers are worried about loved ones in Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic, so I wanted to share an update on the latest:
While there has been some progress in the last 24 hours, Puerto Rico is experiencing significant challenges:
- 1.2 million people have no power
- 27% of the island has no water
- 1,301 people are in temporary shelters

All hospitals are operational at this time.
In any crisis, New York takes action. Our response to Fiona is no different.

Our first group of @nyspolice responders are ready to be deployed to Puerto Rico immediately.

I am in close communication with @GovPierluisi and @luisabinader to respond to their needs.
Read 5 tweets
Sep 19, 2022
A nuestros vecinos de Puerto Rico, República Dominicana y a todos los afectados por el huracán Fiona: estamos con ustedes.

El estado de Nueva York está brindando asistencia y continuaremos ofreciendo apoyo en la recuperación de esta tormenta.
Respondiendo inmediatamente a la llamada para servir, @nyspolice está enviando 50 policías a Puerto Rico esta semana, junto con otros oficiales.

A medida que surjan necesidades, estaremos listos para brindar ayuda y recursos donde sea necesario.
.@NYPAenergy está preparado para ayudar a restaurar la red eléctrica.

Nos comunicamos con nuestros socios corporativos y comunitarios para coordinar las donaciones de agua y otros suministros, y varias empresas ya han prometido su apoyo.
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(