Scribulatora Profile picture
Sep 7, 2021 5 tweets 2 min read Read on X
It’s an utter embarrassment that this is a headline. #Elxn44 #WhyLiberal? Because this shouldn’t even be a question.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Scribulatora

Scribulatora Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Scribulatora

Mar 6
It doesn’t matter “why” our country is going populist. As usual we hide in the woods instead of seeing what’s really on the battlefield.

The political tide is turning, spurred along by populist demagoguery, misinformation, the global trend of conspiracy and outright fabrication.
The politics of hate and division are being employed and cheered on from all sides. We’re arguing silly things now instead of just outright saying this is dangerous and destructive and our country will suffer terrible damage and we should all be against it.
We’re not willing to stand united against it so we’ll just say “this is about liberal arrogance” or “Canadian political history demands a change” and pretend our entire future isn’t at stake.

We watched this happen in America and felt it couldn’t happen here.
Read 6 tweets
Feb 14
I think the thing that bothers me most is that @PierrePoilievre needed to and had no compunction against convincing millions of Canadians that their country is broken and weak just to gain political power. Our proud accomplishments are called “woke”, our distinguished place in …
… the world lied about, our legitimate *efforts* to lead the world in the really important things such as equal human rights in a modern society made a punch line in a sophomoric joke and repeated mindlessly by wannabe journalists who are less than tabloid hacks.
Watching a politician and his entire political apparatus break a country JUST so they can call it broken is next level mind fuckery.

Or it should be.

If it’s not to you, you’re the broken one, my friend Z
Read 11 tweets
Feb 2
A boy in my elementary school was clearly “different”. Liked frilly things and sparkles and sometimes wore a tutu that he kept hidden in his backpack and put on when he got to school.

The teacher would sometimes say she liked one of his self-decorated t-shirts.
One day he came to school in bad shape. Bruised and cowed. He was wearing jeans, a shirt and a pair of brand new boots. The kind you use to kick at clods of dirt.

All his sparkle was gone. The kind on his clothes, the kind in his heart.
He was never the same.

His father exercised his “parental rights” over and over and over until he ran away when he was 15.

His name was Mark and he was my friend. We were the weirdos who stuck together.

Until he wasn’t allowed to play with me anymore because I was “weird”.
Read 4 tweets
Dec 1, 2023
I posted earlier about the dangerous misinformation coming from @PierrePoilievre and @CPC_HQ. My specific example was the conspiracy theory that the federal government started the Alberta forest fires last summer.

I found over 2,500 Twitter and Facebook posts which reference …
… ,directly or indirectly, the statement / accusation made IN THE HOUSE OF COMMONS, by the leader of the opposition.
These posts have accumulated hundreds of thousands of likes and shares.

There are people who not only believe it, but believe the mention of it by the LOO in the HoC gives it the imprimatur of parliament.
Read 8 tweets
Nov 29, 2023
Liberals, despite not being the party with its very own press and which even a casual observer can see has few friends in the media, doesn’t criticize the media or sow doubt in the free press.

Conservatives have made it a pivotal part of their campaign.

That is your warning.
This is one of the first ways populism shows itself and right wing populism, like we’re seeing now in Canada, pays special attention to undermining the confidence of the public in the free press.

See … You and I, random voters and social media users, can call out the press …
… and criticize them and this is, in some ways, part of the democratic balance.

But when a politician calls out a media that is not, in fact, corrupt, they are *deliberately * undermining democracy.
Read 5 tweets
Nov 11, 2023
Know what’s making me really angry? Well, I’m going to tell you.

In 2017, shortly after the dumber, less dangerous American Poilievre - Trump - was elected and the Islamophobia and anti-immigration rhetoric was off the charts - here and there, a Canadian conservative shot up …
… a Mosque, killing six. Partly inspired by Rebel Media, the Canadian hate exporting media entity (who also inspired the Christchurch shooting), it kicked off a flurry of sympathetic “well, what did those barbaric Muslims think would happen?” that wafted through the …
… infosphere like rotting meat.

Remember Omar Khadr? That felt like it might cause a bleeding civil war.

An entire conservative leadership convention was dedicated to freaking out about M103, a non binding member’s bill.
Read 9 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(