Jake Sherman Profile picture
Sep 22, 2021 6 tweets 7 min read Read on X
In @PunchbowlNews AM: We took a look at the staredown between @RepJoshG, @RepJayapal and @SpeakerPelosi — three people we cover quite closely here at Punchbowl News

(BTW, i made this photo montage. #startup)
@PunchbowlNews @RepJoshG @RepJayapal @SpeakerPelosi There’s a real danger at this point that infra/reconciliation could go down — so everything that happens here is very important
@PunchbowlNews @RepJoshG @RepJayapal @SpeakerPelosi THE STANDOFF

Jayapal says she’s got 48 Dems ready to vote against infra.

Gottheimer wants a vote, as he was promised, next week

But it will fail unless Pelosi steps in and turns mods.
@PunchbowlNews @RepJoshG @RepJayapal @SpeakerPelosi GOTTHEIMER really can’t give in here for his own internal politics- - nor does he want to. He wants Pelosi to keep her word and help him pass this on Monday.
@PunchbowlNews @RepJoshG @RepJayapal @SpeakerPelosi and JAYAPAL’s view — why should we give in when many progs don’t even like infrastructure bill, and want guarantees on reconciliation

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Jake Sherman

Jake Sherman Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @JakeSherman

Jan 15
ON THE HOUSE REPUBLICAN CALL —

@SpeakerJohnson says that with Hal rogers and Scalise out, the majority is slimmer than ever.

There’s simply not enough time so a CR is required, Johnson says.
“Best remaining option on the table … keeps laddered approach,” Johnson said.
JOHNSON says house gop position is hr2. And reiterated he won’t take the senate deal.
Read 4 tweets
Dec 14, 2023
🚨SOME NEWS about @PunchbowlNews ... 

We have acquired @electoanalytics, a data startup that focuses on Congress.

Electo Analytics is a truly special platform. It tracks and allows collaboration on bills, tracks regulations and has a fulsome directories of the Hill, state and local public officials and aides.

The deal valued Punchbowl News at north of $100 million.

Here's NYT story nytimes.com/2023/12/14/bus…
But I want to take a second to talk about what our goals are. And what Punchbowl News wants to do going forward.

From our start nearly 3 years ago, our aim was to create a news organization that serves people who care deeply about the politics of governing.

We do that through our three newsletters -- AM, Midday and PM. We do that through our social and newsmaker events. We do that through our polling of Capitol Hill and K Street.
And we will do that through our acquisition of Electo Analytics, which will be folded into Punchbowl News. We want Punchbowl News to be the place where you get your news -- and where you do your work in Washington. We'll be building this platform out with the Hill/Downtown in mind -- and with everyone's input.

We're building it for you.
Read 5 tweets
Oct 20, 2023
BACON votes MCHENRY

1 against JORDAN
BUCHANAN goes for BYRON DONALDS

2 against Jordan
BUCK goes for TOM EMMER

3 against JORDAN
Read 17 tweets
Oct 18, 2023
DON BACON of Nebraska votes MCCARTHY

1 against Jordan
VERN BUCHANAN votes for Byron Donalds

That's a new NO VOTE for Jordan

2 against JORDAN
KEN BUCK goes for EMMER

3 against JORDAN
Read 22 tweets
Oct 3, 2023
MCCARTHY IN CLOSED GOP MEETING

We got a lot of big challenges

I dont want this to be an angry meeting. I firmly trust in God

You need 218 votes to be speaker -- and for the rules and amendments.

U held my mouth until you said something that wasnt true. And i did it for the good of the conference
And i did it for the good of the conference. The Dems came to me to make a deal. I wasnt goign to make a deal.

When eight people work with the Democrats, it's not for the best of the conference.

I got to be the 55th speaker -- my goal has been to save the country. I love a lot of you -- i saw your kids grow up.
Those who stuck with me ill never forget it. I want you to all go home and see your family.

He quoted Lou Gehrig -- he said he is the luckiest man on the face of the earth. I'm optimistic because i dont know what else to be
Read 4 tweets
May 25, 2023
NEWS in @PunchbowlNews AM: Republicans feel VERY good about a deal to lift the debt limit

Rs expect the compromise will come together sometime in the next few days. intense pressure to wrap negotiations up as soon as possible in order to get a bill through in timely fashion.
We anticipate that the debt limit will be extended through 2024 as part of any agreement. And the GOP leadership feels as if they will be able to win the support of the majority of the House Republican Conference for this eventual package.
Every negotiation needs this caveat: it could all fall apart. but we were getting very positive signals from the leadership until late last night
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(