WicMar Profile picture
Oct 4, 2021 10 tweets 5 min read Read on X
Before I get more odd messages, please, when you read in the foreign press that today NZ has "abandoned its elimination strategy", it isn't correct.
That's the press' narrative, the same media that has been salivating at any chance to try to bring NZ down.
Let me explain.🧵
Auckland is in lockdown, wk 7.
We have 8-28 cases/day, most in isolation. We know where most are.
Rest of NZ~free as birds for 5 weeks.
2 wks ago AKL eased lockdown to L3, meaning we can get takeaways, click & collect from stores. Many businesses went back to work.
Media⬇️
Today the cabinet was to decide if we're to exit lockdown tomorrow, but with 8-28 cases, they decided against it. Better safe than sorry right!
One rule in lockdown more was eased, people can now meet in parks with ONE other family.
A plan of the exit of our lockdown was shared!
Jacinda said at the press conference the "tail of Delta has been more like a tentacle" and very difficult to beat entirely but we will continue stomping it out.
We are still in lockdown. We are still doing aggressive TTIQ.
We haven't "given up/learnt to live with the virus".
The media frenzy comes from one sentence and NZ media probably blasting it out as they have nothing better to do(watch the presser when she responds to them).
We haven't got to 0 cases [yet] with our efforts, she says.
But she also says we will continue to stomp the virus out.
Media goes crazy!
Did she REALLY admit 7 weeks of lockdown and 8 cases a day is not ZERO? My maths isn't great, but it sounds about right!
Holy! NZ, the teacher's pet no more. Let's tell the world!
So, is that correct statement 8 vs 0 really "abandoning our fight against the virus"? Wouldn't all our newspaper not have blasted that news across our own if that was true?
I am reading "eased restrictions".
Funny the world's press is reading "LeT iT rIp"?
Also, as Ardern said, and always has, the plan when we slowly open up in February 2022 is to stomp out the virus the BEST we can. We will not end the fight. We will still mask, distance and TTIQ after 90% vaxx.
We now have two detailed plans. One for lockdown, one for re-opening.
We have enough with our shitty media of junior reporters trying to blast every clowns' toilet paper scribble alternative zero brain strategy to hopefully egg on enough people to click on the headline to generate 5 cents.

Let us have a breather, we can't be your Narnia World.
Lastly, I think people are mixing things up.
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE approach towards community cases.
This does not always mean we achieve ZERO cases.
Many countries have zero tolerance visions or policies.

Jacinda:

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with WicMar

WicMar Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @WicMar

Feb 10
I wanted to share the contents of my "Covid-19 First Aid" box as some of you have asked.
Note: I'm not a health professional, so please keep in mind that everyone's needs will be different.
But this is what I found useful:
1/6

Antivirals Paxlovid - within 5 days of testing positive via GP or Pharmacy (note: we can’t get in NZ under 65) Metformin (via GP)   Home care – to start immediate when exposed/positive Reducing viral load (your family members can also do this) Mouthwash with CPC (Cetylpyridinium Chloride) gargle 3X per day Saline nasal rinse - 3X per day Enovid, 3X per day (up to 6 times/day can be taken) If no Enovid: Carrageenan Iodine nasal spray(FLO travel) 3 times daily or Vicks First Defence max 4 days/daily  Air Air purifiers/HEPAs on  Wear 3M Aura or similar respirators in all shared spaces Open win...
Meds Melatonin(sleep can get crappy!) Difflam lozenges Harkers deep lung support – for cough and clearing of phlegm Betadine gargle – for sore throat Nasal decongestant Eye drops - Lumify   Supplements Quercetin  Zinc(take with food at not too late in the day) C-vitamin Omega 3 Magnesium K12 Bliss (throat health)   Other good ones: Elderberry D-vitamin Armaforce(Andrographis & Olive leaf) Echinacea  NAC (if bad cough) Probiotics Throat drops, Vicks or similar  Propolis throat spray
Diet Plenty of water Manuka honey  Mediterranean diet (anti-inflammatory) Lots of fruits and vegetables Soups Turmeric lattes Green tea (anti-inflam properties) Teas – peppermint & camomile Potassium rich foods, bananas, coconut water Lemon, honey & ginger Coconut water Electrolytes in water Lemonade ice blocks Pineapple (for anti-flam properties) Nuts and pretzels Seaweed  To do TAKE IT EASY Sit up with back support (don’t lie flat – even sleeping a little propped up helps) Move around a little daily Get some fresh air/sunshine outside Lots of rest and fluids Live slow, listen to nature. T...
The most crucial to start immediately when testing positive:
-Isolate, put on air purifiers, open windows and get spaces ventilated
-Use 3M Auras or similar in shared spaces
-Start nasal rinsing, CPC mouth wash gargling & nasal sprays to reduce viral load (family members too!) Image of cold pack, Covid tests, thermometer,lung exerciser, nasal rinse, masks and blood pressure reader and water bottle
The supplements & medicines will vary for all.
I didn't have fever, a very sore throat, body aches, runny nose or cough so didn't need to use those products.
These were my regulars:
-C-Vitamin
-Quercetin
-Zinc
-Magnesium
-Omega-3
-Panadol
-Oral probiotics Bliss
-Melatonin Image
Read 7 tweets
Feb 8
Despite my diligent masking and precautions, I too succumbed and tested positive to Covid last week.
It was a week of few interactions so origin is unknown and somewhat perplexing.

Perplexing is also governments across the world ignoring Covid - not surprising we are ill.
1/5 Image
The Covid Emergency kit is cracked open and used, 3 air purifiers are buzzing, all doors and windows are open and husband seems to be in the clear so far.
I tested early - at only a tickle/dryness in my throat, and that has also kept family members/friends safe.
It is Day 6 now, and if I followed my government’s advice I could be out and about with people.
Despite testing positive.

No wonder I got sick in the first place.
Read 6 tweets
Dec 30, 2023
Once again as the only masker at my raquetball today I was asked by an unknown lady ”ARE YOU SICK?”.
The same happened last week and I actually left to go to another venue.
Today I had enough.
I said:
Firstly - If I was sick I wouldn’t be here, I’d be home.
1/4
Secondly - if you are worried about contracting anything, I presune you have checked with the other 30 unmasked people?
In fact, I’d probably the only one keeping you safe.
Thirdly ~ I don’t know you, and I actually don’t approve of you asking me these kinds of questions.
2/4
I am quite pissed off about it. I don’t ask you about your personal preferences right?
Her: Well, masks are ok for bacteria but not so much for virus.
That is bullshit, I said.
Hey lady any time you see a person in a mask, presune they have a reason and do not ask them why.
3/4
Read 5 tweets
Sep 7, 2023
@Jeff_Jacoby @BostonGlobe Although Sweden did not 'lock down' they had more restrictions than the few you mentioned.
-2 mill elderly were asked to self-isolate for 1 year.
-People were asked to work from home for 1.5 yrs
-All events cancelled for 1.5 yrs
-Max 8 ppl could attend funerals/weddings.
etc Image
@Jeff_Jacoby @BostonGlobe All secondary schools in 🇸🇪had remote learning, some for almost a year.
But Sweden did force primary school kids to go, as social services can remove your child in Sweden if they don't.
Unvaccinated (under 12 can't get vaccines), unmasked.
Right response huh?

@Jeff_Jacoby @BostonGlobe And as you would have known from your 'research', the elderly in Sweden had to take the biggest hit.
Many were given morphine instead of oxygen and died.
2 million had to self-isolate for over a year.
But they were old right?
bylinetimes.com/2020/12/18/how…
Read 11 tweets
Jul 30, 2023
I have just been verbally assaulted. I am so furious, so sad and frustrated.
A guy in his 50s at racketball and I were discussing bad knees and hips and sports. Suddently he looks at me (masked) and says with a smirk:
- you think you will die if you get Covid huh?
1/
- We never know do we?
- Well, I had it and was fine as I am vaccinated. Are you an antivaxxer?
- As far opposite to one as you can come.
- Well, why wear it if you are vaxxed?
- As vaccinations isn’t enough. It may save lives but there is longcovid, 1 in 10 risk and..
2/
..I’d like to continue being able to play racketball. Don’t you?
-Well, as I said, had it, was breezy!
- My 5 friends in longcovid beg to differ. I also have a immunocompromised friend who is terminally ill I support so masking not just for me, but for others.
Not a flinch..
3/
Read 10 tweets
Apr 24, 2023
This is a collation of tweets I will use when people ask me why I am still wearing a mask.
I will first remind them that, in case they've lived in a dark cave for the past years, the coronavirus is unfortunately still around.
Then these questions will be posed:
1/6
How can we live our best life if we are disabled? 10-30% of us will be and no one knows if they will be in this LongCovid lottery.
Do I want to risk all of these to my organs that I have tried to keep in good condition all my life just for someone to see 'my pretty smile'?
Hell no. You can imagine my smile.
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(