A brief history of Colin Powell in the Vietnam war:
He came to Vietnam for the first time in 1962. He, along with other troops, burnt dozens of our villages, destroyed a large amount of crops by toxins (including agent orange) in just 1 year.
In 1 mission in 1963, when he was destroying a mountain village in A Sao, Hue, he stepped on one of our Viet Minh's bamboo trap where he just sprayed toxin on.
His foot got severe injured (mostly because of his own fucking toxin), he was sent back to the USA for medical help.
He cam back to Vietnam in 1968, during the time of My Lai Massacre.
Not long after that incident happened, Tom Glen, a young soldier who took part in that massacre, wrote a letter reporting what actually happened.
That letter was sent to Powell for investigation.
Powell dismissed that letter and this was his conclusion: "In direct refutation of this portrayal, relations between American soldiers and the Vietnamese people are excellent".

Powell intentionally tried to hide the truth about My Lai Massacre.
A few decades later, after receiving all the rewards for lying and killing innocent people, he lied to whole world, once again, to start a whole fucking war with Iraq which killed at least 1 million people.

I hope you fucking rot in hell, Colin fucking Powell.
It turned out that Vietnam and Iraq share 1 war criminal. @YaBoiHakim

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Luna Oi! 👁 UK/USA Expert/Human Rights Watcher 👁

Luna Oi! 👁 UK/USA Expert/Human Rights Watcher 👁 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @LunaOi_VN

Jun 9
In Vietnam we eat kudzu, it is so delicious. We also make tea out of it and make a drink out of crushed root. It is a delicious and versatile plant, but when I visited the USA south everyone looked at me like I was crazy when I said how delicious it is!
Wow, lots of people asked about recipes with kudzu.
My family grew kudzu when I was a kid and this is how you make delicious food out of it!
Let’s go!
The simplest way is just cut the vines and chew and suck the juice out of them. Kudzu vines have a very green-ish flavor and a bit sweet, absolutely NOT BITTER. They’re really good for you, especially if you’re starving in the middle of a kudzu jungle 😅 Image
Read 9 tweets
May 10
Thread 🧵

In Inventing Reality, Parenti explains how bourgeois media controls the conversation while creating an illusion of dissenting opinion by controlling what gets discussed and establishing boundaries for either "side" of the public discourse. Here we see exactly that. Headlines pretending Biden is doing anything at all to threaten Israel as a method of inventing perceptual reality.
Biden could END the genocide at any time, the USA fully enables it. By pretending that his "threats" to Israel are serious or would hinder Israel, they create an essentially pro-genocide position of "supporting Biden" as he does nothing, in material terms, to stop the genocide.
In other words, the bourgeois media creates a limited range of acceptable positions which are all pro-genocide.
Read 6 tweets
May 7
Thread 🧵

The Liberal-Fascist Bargain

Biden's unwavering support for Netanyahu is a perfect example of what we call "the liberal-fascist bargain." Similar to liberal US admins installing and supporting the fascist puppet government in Southern Vietnam, Pinochet in Chile, etc.
Liberalism and fascism are only different modes of superstructure of bourgeois ruling class. Materially they are much the same. The differences fade significantly on the global stage. Western liberals have murdered tens of millions abroad through imperialist and colonial schemes.
This is why communists like me, in the global South, have been trying to warn you about your liberal leaders for a long time. We know all too well what they are capable of, because we have suffered under their imperialist machinations for generations.
Read 7 tweets
Apr 27
Thread 🧵

Again, so much binary/metaphysical thinking in analysis I see of AOC appearing here. Let's look at it in terms of contradiction - the engine of change in materialist dilectics. Because this is a great example of contradiction.
The question shouldn't be "is it good that AOC comes to student protests or not?" The question should be: "How might AOC and establishment 'progressives' and more radical student movements mutually develop one another?"

In DiaMat we hold that things always change one another.
First of all, students and those who have long supported Palestine have every right to be mistrustful of AOC because she rubs shoulders with Biden and has voted in support of Israel many times. She can't expect to be welcomed everywhere just because she's relatively powerful.
Read 12 tweets
Nov 9, 2023
🧵 THREAD on how Henry Kissinger's diplomacy strategies led to the Gaza genocide:

Henry Kissinger, a key architect of the butcher of Cambodian, Lao, and Vietnamese civilians in the 60s and 70s, built the USA diplomatic principles of Realpolitik which the USA still employs today. Henry Kissinger
Kissinger is 100 years old today and still does work for the USA state department. He is characteristically secretive about his ties to Joe Biden but they clearly have a relationship. Biden has favorably compared himself to Kissinger and sent Kissinger to China last year. Kissinger with Biden
Kissinger developed a Realpolitik diplomatkc strategy for the USA which has stood in place since the Nixon administration. Set forth by Prussian statesmen Bismarck and Metternich, it is cynical power mongering and sociopathic manipulation writ large on the geopolitical stage. Metternich with Prussian monarchy and nobles
Read 15 tweets
Nov 7, 2023
Let's examine the striking similarities between the terrorist tactics of the USA during Operation Rolling Thunder in Vietnam in the 1960s and IDF terrorist tactics in Gaza today. American planes bombing Vietnam during Operation Rolling Thunder.
Operation Rolling Thunder was the mass carpet bombing of Vietnam which began in March 1965. Like the IDF terror bombing of Gaza today, Rolling Thunder targeted civilian population centers, hospitals, infrastructure, etc. Vietnamese picking through rubble in devastated population center.
Like Israel today, the USA used the terrorist tactic of blaming the victims for the bombings. Then, as now, the terror bombers claimed they would "pause" the terror campaign if Vietnam would negotiate surrender to the USA's subjugation. Countless civilians died, day in, day out. A little boy holds his baby brother in the ruins of American bombing.
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(