adityadickysingh 🇮🇳 Profile picture
Oct 23, 2021 7 tweets 3 min read Read on X
There is a lake called Rajbagh in Ranthambhore national park. This. In my opinion one of the prettier parts of Ranthambhore. Adjoining the other side of the shore of this lake, behind the palace in the background is a large open flat area where you park your jeep.
It’s called very creatively ‘the platform’ - and this is the best way f all the spots in Ranthambhore for photography. The vistas are stunning in all the directions and there is a lot happening. You have a clear uninstructed view in all directions. If you look west in winters:
Towards the east there is a big patch of Vetiver or Khus grass called ‘Badi ghas’ again very creatively named. Can you see the cat?
For the panorama I have ‘stitched’ together multiple pictures shot on portrait or vertical orientation in all the pictures on this thread.
October - just after the monsoons - early morning
February - late winters - late morning
June - peak summer - evening
This is the kind of pictures that I have got from the worlds best (parking) Platform - end June just after the first rains

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with adityadickysingh 🇮🇳

adityadickysingh 🇮🇳 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @adityadickysin

Sep 21, 2022
Introduction not a reintroduction. We are not “reintroducing” a species that went extinct recently in India, instead we are “introducing” an alien predator in a habitat where they never ever existed.
I am not convinced that there was a wild population of cheetahs in India, that went extinct recently. There would have been cheetahs in Baluchistan but not in the present day India, at least not in the last few centuries.
Thousands of cheetahs were imported from Central Asia and Africa by the rich in India for over a 1000 years, mostly to be trained as “hunting leopards” for hunting or to be hunted down themselves
Read 24 tweets
Sep 13, 2022
Cheetahs - an Introduction or Reintroduction. India’s Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 forbids the introduction of exotic species to India’s wilds, even if they are genetically close to their Indian subspecies. It is illegal to even provide them with wild prey in captivity.
The cheetahs that we are getting are captive bred African cheetahs (Acinonyx jubatus jubatus), a different sub species (or genetically different) from the Asiatic cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus venaticus). Therefore, it’s being called a “Reintroduction’ because Introduction is illegal
“Assessing the potential for reintroducing the cheetah in India”, a report from 2010 claims that 27 cheetahs could be sustained in the 347 sq. km of Kuno Wildlife Sanctuary. Kuno was a sanctuary at the time and half the present-day size of Kuno National Park.
Read 14 tweets
Aug 26, 2022
05:11 pm Ranthambhore 23rd June 2022 - A tigress called Laila in Bhakola valley. We saw her sitting in a pool of water behind some bushes about half an hour ago. They s was the third or fourth picture I took, after she got up and started walking.
She crossed to our jeep’s left to spray mark a tree and then walked into a narrow entrance to a valley that widen up ahead. We drove on to park at where we thought we might catch up with her - a beautiful setting that tigers normally avoid.
Normally avoid - but today was an exception. I love these Rock formations and couldn’t believe she was walking through them.
Read 8 tweets
Aug 19, 2022
Let me show you some ancient architecture from Ranthambhore national park on #WorldPhotographyDay
This building, same as the one in the previous picture, is known as the Choti (or small) Chattri, so called because there is a larger one nearby called (not very creatively) Badi (or big) chattri. It’s basically a elevated, dome-shaped pavilion with a Shivling under it
Then there is this one very close to Choti Chattri. The platform is still there but not the rest.
Read 13 tweets
Jun 29, 2022
Been on safaris in Ranthambhore for two weeks now. When I started it was hot & the forest was dry. Hardly an colours except in the few evergreen groves along permanent water sources. Pictures had a brown background
Two days later it rained for a few hours which is a lot for us here. That totally transformed the forest. Water became available all over so the animals scattered across the forest. They now didn’t need to stay close to water holes. Water is everywhere
Once the predominant tree here - Anogeissus pendula or Dhonk as we call it locally - turns green, the number of animals that one sees in the lower reaches goes down drastically but the background becomes very interestingly green.
Read 6 tweets
Jun 3, 2022
I am not good with written words. Languages were my worst subjects throughout. A 🧵 on pretty #nature pictures with no frills captions.

1. Tiger sleeping in a Chattri
2. Dancing Wildebeest
3. Trees in a storm
Read 10 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(