Matt Drapps - INVERTS 🩺 11/07 Profile picture
Nov 1, 2021 8 tweets 4 min read Read on X
Question 3 of the Public Consultation on #ConversionTherapy is also very important, especially for anyone approaching legislation from an abolitionist view point. There are proposals that target organisations above people, which are the ones I would personally support more than
- Criminalisation of individuals, especially knowing that Criminalisation and imprisonment etc disproportionately affects minority groups.

In the event of the legislation pulling a bait and switch it is important that we choose the right things to support and not support.
Removing profits, preventing CT folk from holding office in charities and protection for people being sent overseas for #conversiontherapy are - to me - far more important in tackling the lasting presence of Conversion Therapy in the UK, than Criminalisation of individuals.
Looking at these questions it is important to remember that the Charity Commission examined a Christian Refuge in Sheffield who were forcing their service users into conversion therapy, but allowed the charity to continue with minor adjustments.
Providing ROBUST support for people who are survivors is key to actually tackling the effects of Conversion Therapy.
These are some of the questions that will be asked of individuals responding to the Public Consultation on #ConversionTherapy.

Please stay safe as you revisit your memories of your experiences.

It is important to talk any the places it happens, the tools used, and to be
- specific where you can be.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Matt Drapps - INVERTS 🩺 11/07

Matt Drapps - INVERTS 🩺 11/07 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @MattDrapps

Apr 4
It's time to talk about Church of England funded counselling offered to Survivors of Church Abuse, or, as I would call it, More Inexplicable Church of England Sticks to Beat You With.

🧵 Thread Incoming.
I cannot speak for anyone but myself, and I *hope* the result of this thread will be other C of E Survivors saying, no no, that's just @DioceseofSheff Sheffield Diocese Safeguarding, and not Nationwide.
@DioceseofSheff I'll also preface by remembering the Jay Report indicates a lack of funding and lack of resources allocated to individuals in Safeguarding roles means we are not here to intimate, bully or take issue with the individual, but rather, the process and maybe even their Script.
Read 40 tweets
Mar 14
Okay (J/K), let's see what Revelation says about Puberty Blockers.

KJV, of course.

🧵
Rev 1.6: "Jesus Christ....hath made us kings"

Who are we? Revelation suggests in an opening volley, we can change/grow/be different in our bodies and roles to what we "were".

The gendered term "Kings", while writing to all genders, encourages that we may become masc. 👑
Rev 1.11 - "What thou seest, write in a book"

We know many incredible parents of Trans Youth have witnessed their child's existence from a very young age, and come to understand the message they are receiving.
Read 27 tweets
Mar 7
Right. So, we *think* Derek Prince might be the first references to homosexuality being influenced by the demonic. He actually referenced this in his training course materials in 1971. I have not been able to get hold of his training materials from then, but I *do* have his book. They Shall Expel Demons, Derek Prince book.
TW. incorrect and unhealthy teaching on demons

It's here, in some training materials from 1971, between fear, resentment and doubt, and tumours, fits and cramps, we have one of the earliest references to Homosexuality as linked with demonic suggestion. A list of demonic influences includes sex categories, perbersion, homosexuality masturbation
Who is this old hollywood man, you ask. According to wiki, "He is the author of 51 books, 600 audio and 100 videos, many of which has been translated and published in more than 60 languages" Prolific teacher. Eton College, Cambridge University. Image
Read 31 tweets
Feb 21
I'll be reading Jay Report throughout the day, and making various comments and sharing quotes.

I do not claim to be an expert on Safeguarding Practice, especially in regards to Children. I'm just someone chewed up by the system and it's definitions of 'vulnerable adults'. The Future of Church Safeguarding cover imagine
Do take time to read it for yourself, as I cannot claim to not bring my own bias to my reading, and context is important.
Read 67 tweets
Jan 28
Listening to this piece of the Church of England safeguarding debacle now. Starts twenty minutes in.

bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0…
David Glasgow himself is on this discussion 🙏
"I was saddened and disturbed to discover just how negative the impact on them had been, and just how much worse their post traumatic symptoms had become." - Glasgow
Read 16 tweets
Jan 20
We haven't even scratched the surface of 3dM, The Order of Mission and Mike Breen's influence on the UK and USA. #churchofengland

There's a section in Bringing Me Back to Me specifically about The Order. Ready? Let's go.
"The Order of Mission was a powerful group of committed Christians who vow themselves “in the presence of the Senior Guardian and members of the Order” to a life of “simplicity, purity and accountability”
and meet throughout the year at conferences and away days. Members are encouraged to take time out three times a day to pray."
Read 40 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(