NetDrifter Profile picture
Nov 12, 2021 12 tweets 10 min read Read on X
#FreeFireก่อนรักมิววี

Just watched and analyzed the MV. I have to say that P'Violette (or P'Vee) team created such beautiful and artistic MV that I admired it. They used colors and symbolisms well. Therefore, I'll share some of my insight about it in this thread.
#FreeFireก่อนรักมิววี

From my PoV, the MV portrays the story in a form of Vee's memories of her relationship w/ Mew. It started from when Vee picked up the polaroid of red+white carnation in a vase. And then the image of it and their time together flashed back to her
#FreeFireก่อนรักมิววี

The 2 carnations in a vase symbolized Mew (red) and Vee (white). The color difference says that both of them are clearly different in personality and viewpoint. A vase represents that they're in a close relationship, to be exact, they're married
#FreeFireก่อนรักมิววี

Another symbolism of plant is Chinese Evergreen or Aglaonema. In Thailand, the plant represents the prosperity or being to move/grow forward. They grew the plant in believing that their loves would be long lasting.
#FreeFireก่อนรักมิววี

As Vee looked at the pic, her memories kept playing in her head. The use of slight sepia-like color in these lovely moments allows us to understand that they're memories. We can also infer that the polaroids are her memories of Mew.
#FreeFireก่อนรักมิววี

Despite all of good memories they had, the scene was cut to when she's about to light the polaroids on fire. This means that their relationship didn't end well. The room they lived and shared turned dark and looked abandoned. Both were also separated apart.
#FreeFireก่อนรักมิววี

The difference of the two was emphasized again in a scence resembling Yin and Yang, trying to find balance between them but never did. However, they still dragged it on as seen by both struggling and gripping each other arms.
#FreeFireก่อนรักมิววี

In the scene here, Mew's eyes were open staring at the ground looking exhausted, kinda realized that this love was going to end. While Vee's still sleeping like in a trance. For me, it's like Vee still had hope and wished that it'd work out
#FreeFireก่อนรักมิววี

The way she kept on burning polaroids refers to the way she wants to erase and forget all of this. As she made her decision, her eyes that were closed suddenly opened, which means she made up her mind and realized that the relationship's going to end.
#FreeFireก่อนรักมิววี

As the polaroids burnt, her memories of Mew were erased one by one. The scene was changed to Vee facing against Mew. The confrontation here was the last memories of Mew that Vee had left as the rest are burning/disappearing.
#FreeFireก่อนรักมิววี

Orange flickering bg = fire which was burning the photos/memories that Vee had with Mew. She said "Thank you" as she hugged Mew (last piece of memories), cried, and smiled, meaning she's grateful w/ all the time they had together.
#FreeFireก่อนรักมิววี

At the end of the MV, they both started to be ignited on fire and burn... Her memories of Mew... Of their good times... Of their relationship... Are now turned to ash.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with NetDrifter

NetDrifter Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @net_drifter

Apr 24
เห็น GMM จะทำ Scarlet Heart เวอร์ชั่นไทย ก็แอบนึกสนใจเลยลองดู teaser เลยอยากทำเธรดมาวิเคราะห์เล่นๆว่าใครเล่นเป็นใครโดยดูจากอริยาบถและเชิงสัญลักษณ์ใน teaser และเอามาอิงกับต้นฉบับเวอร์ชั่น​จีนดู

ใครที่มีความเห็นหรือมีมุมมองแตกต่างก็สามารถมาแชร์กันได้นะครับ

(1)

#ScarletHeartTH Image
(2)
ดอกไม้สีขาวเป็นสื่อถึงนางเอกซึ่งใส่ชุดเดรสขาวเหมือนกัน แต่งตัวยุค modern สื่อถึงว่านางมาจากยุคปัจจุบันที่หลุดมิติเข้าไปในอดีต (ตรงตามต้นฉบับที่ถงหัวเขียน) ซึ่งดอกไม้สีขาวนี้มันกลับไปอยู่ในซีนของตัวละครอื่นในลักษณะต่างกัน

#ScarletHeartTH
(3)
การที่ตัวละครชายได้สัมผัสหรือมีปฏิกิริยาต่อกลีบดอกไม้ที่สื่อถึงตัวนางเอกที่ดูแตกต่างกันออกไปนั้น อาจสื่อถึงความสัมพันธ์หรือความรู้สึกบางอย่างที่ตัวละครแต่ละตัวใน teaser มีต่อนางเอก อาจจะดี ร้าย หรือซับซ้อนก็อาจพูดได้ยาก เพราะ teaser ไม่ได้ลงรายละเอียดมากนัก

#ScarletHeartTH
Read 18 tweets
May 1, 2020
OK, MewGulf is doing live from Mew's house 😊😊😊😊😊 (This is a live translation thread)
#WoodyFromHomexMewGulf
P'Woody is so excited. He said it's like he interview a married couple 555555. They're talking about love scenes in SS2. P'Woody is shy 55555 when he knows there will be more love scenes with various situstions
#WoodyFromHomexMewGulf
The details about SS2 are the same as P'Mame spilled yesterday. P'Woody said he wants to be casted as an sctor in it 5555. MewGulf said when they missed each other, tgey talked on LINE app #WoodyFromHomexMewGulf
Read 28 tweets
Apr 30, 2020
Here is the thread for Viu Interviewn on 4/29/2020. Apparently, there's some issues with the first several min of the recorded so I cut it off and will start around when Mew showed his figure collection. #ViuBabyxMewGulf #หวานใจมิวกลัฟ #MewGulf
(1) #ViuBabyxMewGulf #หวานใจมิวกลัฟ #MewGulf
M: Here I have this too
P'Oat: What's in that cainet?...Heyyy...MEW!!!
M: These are Avengers figures
PO: Are you opening a shop or something? 555
M: No no 555
PO: Are you a sale reps? Why don't you tell me the truth?
G: 555
M: NO!!!
(2) #ViuBabyxMewGulf #หวานใจมิวกลัฟ #MewGulf
M: It's my collection 555
PO: How long have you been collecting these?
M: Well...a long time now...for many years
PO: What is your most favorite type of figures sice you started to collect them?
M: It's One Piece krub pom
Read 59 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(