Peter McCormack🏴‍☠️ Profile picture
Dec 16, 2021 15 tweets 8 min read Read on X
NEWS: I can announce that I have agreed on a deal to acquire Bedford FC from their current chairman Lui.

There is a lot to cover and I will do my best in this thread. If you want to follow:
- Twitter: @realbedford

1/n
2/ This acquisition is part of a childhood dream to own a local Bedford club. We don't have a big club where I live and I've always wanted to bring league football to the town.

I am taking over as Chairman but Lui is going to stay on until the end of the season and support me.
3/ So what is the plan? To get our club into the Premier League, 9 promotions...
...I am a bitcoiner, we aim big. If we can separate money and state, we can get a football club into the Premier League.
4/ I expect to be laughed at and told we can't. I expect people will tell me stories of how other people have tried this and failed. I don't care, we can do this and I will put everything I have into it.

We have so much leverage...
5/ It is all about winning games, to win games you need the best players and managers. To afford the best players and managers you need to be commercially successful.

I will establish our club as the #bitcoin club, a team that operates on a #bitcoin standard.
6/ There are two specific phases to this:
- Local: getting the team to the National League
- National: getting the team into the Premier League

Both phases require a different strategy, but ultimately we need to be commercially successful.
7/ The following chart is a guide as to the range of running costs per team, per league.

Based on the sponsorships I have already sold and interest in our merchandise. Our year 1 revenue could match a small league 1 club.

We can therefore afford the best players and managers.
8/ Where local teams can only tap into a local community of fans/companies to drive revenue, we have a global army of #bitcoin holders and companies who can get behind this.
9/ We have so much leverage.

An army of 150m #bitcoin holders and companies can be part of this journey.

I can also leverage my platform and audience.
10/ The second phase is attacking the higher divisions, specifically the Championship & the Premier League. Here we need capital as well as a sustainable commercial model.

I will be raising funds to hold in a #bitcoin treasury. If #bitcoin does its things...
11/ Let's not let FTX, Crypto.com and Ryan Reynolds have all the fun...
...3.5bn people watch the Premier League alone, we can use this to communicate a #bitcoin standard.
12/ Right now I am pitching sponsors and preparing to sell merchandise and jerseys from January.

The design here is a mockup for the club jerseys. I'll be tapping you all up to buy them :)
13/ So... if you want to get behind this, here is what you can do:
- Follow @realbedford

If you are interested in being an investor or sponsor then email hello@realbedford.com.
14/ Thank you to everyone who has supported me so far. I couldn't be more excited about this.

LFG ☠️⚽️🚀

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Peter McCormack🏴‍☠️

Peter McCormack🏴‍☠️ Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @PeterMcCormack

Jan 19, 2023
When people like @SenWarren work against #bitcoin, people like @DigiEconomist put out flawed research or @PeterZeihan spreads false information…they are working against one of the greatest tools for human freedom and ingenuity.

🧵 A thread of cool examples…
Virunga National Park mining #bitcoin to fund protection of the National Park.

technologyreview.com/2023/01/13/106…
After a collapse of the Ukrainian financial system a Ukrainian refugee was able to flee the war with #bitcoin on a hard drive.

bitcoinmagazine.com/.amp/culture/b…
Read 15 tweets
Dec 21, 2022
The final judgement in my case against CSW has been handed down.

It is not a very good judgement for Craig but ultimately a very expensive one for me.

On the four key final points...
Firstly, and the most important part to me, we were unable to overturn the cost orders issued, subject to evaluation by a cost judge, I owe up to £900k to his defence.
The stress of the last four years can't be understated, it has had a significant impact upon me and my family.

I have attached the full judgement below.

With the other various lawsuits I hope this judgement is helpful with those cases.
Read 8 tweets
Nov 13, 2022
A short thread regarding BlockFi 🧵

As they have been caught up in the FTX debacle there are a number of accusations flying around which I thought is best to address.

Not everyone will like what I have to say but here it is.

1/n
I took them on as a sponsor in 2018 and they sponsored the show up until this year.

There were a lot of people who told me I shouldn’t have them as a sponsor because bitcoiners should always hold their private keys.
My sponsor policy is on my website. I’ll work with companies that have #bitcoin products and I tend to only work with companies where I will use their products.

While BlockFi was a sponsor I was also a customer.
Read 28 tweets
Oct 14, 2022
UK mess tl;dr:

UK growth is lacklustre. Multiple reasons:
- Global headwinds
- Brexit failures
- Lack of housing/infrastructure, partially led by local tory nimbyism

UK debt is at post war high and inflation decade highs.

1/n
The Government needed to implement a costly package to help people with energy costs. In addition to the energy package, they decided to implement trickle down economics, widely derided & criticised for widening budget deficits & raising inequality.

2/n
The proposed the biggest tax cuts in decades, working at odds with BoE who are trying to tame inflation.They did not to match this against spending cuts, implicitly assumed they could add to the debt pile because relative overall debt viewed as being low compared to other G7

3/n
Read 11 tweets
Jun 20, 2022
You can go back to my episode with @fluffypony in 2018, I have never had an issue with Monero. Anyone listening to my show over the years knows this.

I am not ideologically against things, I need a good argument. FOR ME, privacy is easier on Monero than #bitcoin.
Read 12 tweets
Jun 20, 2022
We have never told people to buy #bitcoin. We do though promote #bitcoin and its benefits but encourage people to spend time understanding it.

At a time of economic crisis, it is important that people understand how the financial system works:
If people learn about #bitcoin via @realbedford and then choose to invest, we would encourage people to be responsible:
1. Understand the volatile nature of the price
2. Understand how to self-custody
Sadly, those who want to make attacks tend to consider #bitcoin from the privilege of living in a fairly stable liberal democracy.

Most have failed to do the work to understand how #bitcoin helps people in many different situations.

Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(