Daniel Dumbrill Profile picture
Dec 19, 2021 7 tweets 5 min read Read on X
How many names does he have? Why didn't an IPAC country accept him from Turkey if he felt unsafe there? Was it because he was arrested multiple times? Or it wouldn't have been as useful enough a story? What was he arrested for? Why aren't you taking more Uyghurs from Turkey then? ImageImageImage
Is it because just like in 2011, you still don't really actually believe these "escapees"?

Do you not find it ironic that IPAC is looking for evidence of Uyghurs in camps while one of your member countries LITERALLY built and kept Uyghurs locked up in European camps? ImageImageImageImage
Can't find any pictures of the camps that The Netherlands kept Uyghurs locked up in, but I did find an image of Norway's camps taken by a brave anonymous photographer.

Have these European Uyghur camp operators ever opened themselves up to foreign journalists? If not, why? ImageImage
Another question for @ipacglobal. Considering Canada is also a part of your organization, do you feel language like this undermines your ability to prove that you really care about Uyghurs and don't believe China's claims of a legitimate terrorism issue?

Why isn't there a Uyghur open door policy if you really believe there's a genocide? Not like you're afraid of disobeying China like w/ the US. China also made it easy with Aishan, unlike with Snowden he was still traveling on a valid Chinese passport which he left China on too 🤔 ImageImageImage
The UK alone is set to give 3 million Hong Kongers access to move in just because HK, like the UK, now has a national security law. Isn't genocide worse? The West could easily find space for the ENTIRE population, but aren't overly interested in even the few asking to be let in🤔 Image
The West's actions seem to be unsynchronised with and even runs contrary to their rethoric. It's almost if something else could be going on here...

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Daniel Dumbrill

Daniel Dumbrill Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @DanielDumbrill

Dec 3, 2023
To knock Palestinians down & make sure they never get back up, you must destroy the very people who have the best hope of uplifting their people. Doctors, engineers, educators, the journalists who tell their stories & middle class people working their way up the best they can.
Read 6 tweets
Oct 27, 2023
BREAKING: The US federal government has cut off the electricity supply and blocked the entry of food and fuel to Maine as part of a “total siege” strategy adopted on Thursday, in retaliation against the the Lewiston shooter.
While Maine residents will not be permitted to cross into New Hampshire, the US government has said the right thing for Canada to do is open their borders to them, considering the humanitarian crisis that will unfold as a result of these cuts.
Maine residents have begun speaking out about the crisis that's unfolding and what they feel is a disproportionate/unfair response, but whenever they get a bit of airtime on a network, the hosts mostly just want to hear them say that they condemn the shooter & assault rifles. Image
Read 4 tweets
Jan 22, 2023
This South African man, who once called the apartheid a delicious cake his grandpa enjoyed, is disgusted by "stupid" Chinese & "corrupt" Africans buying lavish luxury products/houses, but gushes over wealthy Americans & their big homes sufficiently separated from poor people.
In China he managed to feel "positive discrimination" and a skin colour privledge he always wished for, but is now cashing in on Sinophobia full-time, rebranding his experiences, crapping on the people who warmly welcomed him & saying America's the only place with no real racism. twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Here's a few example of the kinds of stuff this chap says, all quite on brand for his character. His racist/bigoted character would often come through in his older work (it's probably something difficult to hide), but he's really upped his game more recently to trend follow.
Read 8 tweets
Dec 13, 2022
Dog whistles of course aren't always built on logic, but they're usually at least a bit better at appearing more ambiguous/discrete than this. twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
The virus spread freely for years elsewhere as he's complained about China not opening up. He wanted to travel in & out of China for so long and isn't concerned about the virus being brought in, but suddenly wants to once again paint Chinese folks as disruptive virus spreaders.
Read 5 tweets
Dec 9, 2022
I told Canada's state broadcaster, ironically looking for state-sponsored influencers, how integrity-lacking media gives state-sponsored ASPI a free pass. They cut that out of their final report & proceeded to invite ASPI on with a free pass, never once mentioning their funding.
From our half-hour interview they used 3.5 seconds, didn't air my response to the claims made against me in their report, making it deliberately sound like I said the opposite of what I actually said. They privately agreed I was misrepresented and promised to issue corrections.
Even had they followed through, they know it's after the damage is done, even so, they promised to put a correction "everywhere the story lives", but continued selling that clip to other news agencies without any requirement to include the correction. Don't trust mainstream media Image
Read 5 tweets
Dec 1, 2022
A classic. China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs taking the BBC to school.
Correction: The BBC journalist in the video above wasn't Laura Kuenssberg, but Kathy Long (@ProducerKathy). Kathy was also caught lying in Xinjiang as well as breaking her promises made to people she ambushed while trying to manufacture a story.

To folks feeling conflicted seeing a gov't you hate roasting a news outlet you hate, remember it's largely these same news networks conditioning you to hate China to begin with. BBC wanted to do a hit piece on me, backing out after I asked questions back.

Read 10 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(