Leland Hermit Profile picture
Jan 3, 2022 11 tweets 4 min read Read on X
For today’s #boebertreportcard, let’s look at the seven resolutions Chucklehead was bragging about as “accomplishments” this weekend. (A thread)
1 Cosponsor: Doug Lamborn, R-CO
This is a House Resolution, with no enforcement mechanism. If passed, it basically says, “We want the USS Pueblo back.” Which has been US policy since the ship was captured by North Korea in 1968.
11 Cosponsors, mostly members of the Freedumb Caucus. This is another House Resolution with no binding power, just a lot of whereas paragraphs.
0 cosponsors. She submitted this when she thought her predecessor was keeping case files a secret from her. (He didn’t.) It would set a dangerous precedent in that confidential data a constituent requested help with could become available to any member of the House, friend or foe
24 Cosponsors. Another House-only resolution. This one calls on the President to remove and replace Alejandro Mayorkas as the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. It also has a bunch of “whereas” grievances.
2 cosponsors. Rep. Ralph Norman, [R-SC-5] and Rep. Bob Good, [R-VA-5]. A resolution to begin impeachment proceedings against the VP for supporting the Pres. in withdrawing troops from Afghanistan. It also lists failure to invoke the 25th Amendment as cause for her dismissal.
6 cosponsors. Biggs [R-AZ-5], Duncan [R-SC-3], Norman [R-SC-5], Gohmert [R-TX-1], Hice [R-GA-10], Good [R-VA-5]. A resolution to impeach the President for being a bad Commander in Chief during the withdrawal from Afghanistan. The charge is “giving aid and comfort to our enemies.”
And finally, the only resolution of hers for both the House and Senate. 20 cosponsors on this resolution calling for the removal of retired Lieutenant General Russel Honoré, U.S. Army, from his interim role investigating the events at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021. It also
urges the Speaker of the House of Representatives to appoint a nonpartisan, bicameral panel of former Members of Congress, law enforcement officials, and military servicemen to investigate those events. Lt. Gen. Honoré completed the report the same month this ridiculous
resolution was introduced.

And why was it introduced? Because the General tweeted “mean” (and in my opinion, honest) things about various Senators and Representatives.

And who were the cosponsors?
And that’s it. Lots of fluff. No substance. Which is no surprise.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Leland Hermit

Leland Hermit Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @AngeloBCollie

Aug 27, 2023
I just watched Chucklehead @RepBoebert's interview on with Bart Bedsole on KRDO, and it's breathtaking... I can never decide whether she's so stupid or whether she thinks her constituents are. It could be both. 🧵
I'll post the link to the video at the end of the thread... my notes reference the timestamps in that video.

To begin with, it appears that her glasses have no lenses in them... just empty frames. Kind of a metaphor for her entire time in the House, tbh.
At 00:13, she says how proud she is with connecting with the people of CO-03. Her last telephone town hall was on 9/9/22, and she's never had one in person. Her "connecting" consists of campaign events, some of which require paid tickets, and secretly scheduled visits to
Read 21 tweets
Nov 9, 2022
A thread of embarrassments, commemorating the Chuckleheadedness of Chucklehead Boebert. Please feel free to add your own as we wait for the race to be officially called.
In which she misspells her own name... Image
In which Chucklehead makes ducklips with her buddy Lindsey Aspen... and another when the two of them were with the orange mango in October this year. ImageImage
Read 30 tweets
Nov 8, 2022
While the clock is ticking, while we eagerly await the early results of the vote tabulation, I just want to say thank you. You all have given me hope. You voters old and new, you election workers, you candidates for good. You make me proud to be an American. 🧵
I've shared this quote from EB White before. Tonight I'll quote him again. "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

May this election prove him right. May we be right this time.
I am grateful to all of us CO-03 people who pulled together to put an end to Chucklehead Boebert's embarrassments. You know who you are. Public thanks, too, to @AdamForColorado for stepping up to the plate, and to @Marina4Colorado, Don Coram, and @SolforCO for their support of a
Read 5 tweets
Oct 25, 2022
I wrote this two years ago, about my vote for Joe Biden. I share it again now in support of @AdamForColorado.

It was Tuesday, November 8, 1960, and it is one of my earliest memories. I was two, almost three, and my parents made the journey to the schoolhouse where they
voted in every election.

My mother loved the color red, and it was a red woolen coat she wore that cold Nebraska day. Slight of build though she was, and perpetually thin, she carried me into the voting booth and set me on a small table as she drew the curtains behind us.
One of the other things you should know about my mother was that she carried on a conversation with me whenever it was just the two of us. Not baby talk, not nonsense syllables, but an ongoing narration of what was going on in her head.

Not many people actually listened to my
Read 10 tweets
Mar 24, 2022
A special #BoebertReportCard on @RepBoebert's so called "wins."

The sun came up this morning. I was outside when the sun came up. Therefore, I should get credit for the sun coming up.

Sounds silly, doesn’t it? But that’s the kind of logic Chucklehead used when [a long thread]
she touted her accomplishments for Colorado District 3 in this email. We’ll break down each of those “accomplishments.”

Virtually every item was a part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act 2022, HR 2471, which Chuckleheaded voted AGAINST. You remember, the one she said she
1. 1.74 Billion for Community Health Centers
This is in fact a win for rural and urban communities across the country, but it’s unclear that Chucklehead had anything at all to do with it. In August of last year, she issued a press release claiming to have secured 1.8 billion
Read 19 tweets
Mar 8, 2022
I see a lot of whining about gas and other energy prices, but not a lot about what you can do to reduce fossil fuel consumption. Reducing your demand for energy means you save money immediately, and it will also help reduce our reliance on fossil fuels in general. [a thread]
Reduce your use of plastics. Up to 10% of the crude used in the US is used to make plastics. Use recyclable materials instead. Aluminum is recyclable.
Make sure your tires are properly inflated. The U.S. Department of Energy says that for every 1 psi missing from your car's set of 4 tires, you lose 0.1 percent of your gas mileage. And your tires will last longer.
Read 9 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(