Social Savannah Profile picture
Jan 12, 2022 7 tweets 3 min read Read on X
80% of my business is UGC content creation.

20% of my business is media buying services.

1 year ago, that % was flipped.

Media buying is nothing without a supply of great ad UGC ads!

Here's how I did it and why...
I started offering UGC as a service when I realized that most influencer marketing agencies/platforms suck.

The problem with working with influencers is that they have no idea of what makes a good ad.

I have a unique vantage point because I have access to SO many ad accounts.
I realized that good UGC ads simply just follow formulas.

Capture attention in the first 3 seconds, demonstrate the product benefits, and have a genuine testimonial.

So I went on a hunt to find content creators/actresses who I could train on how to get the content I needed...
I started with training 1 creator, then 2, and now TEN girls on my team who deliver content weekly for my clients.

I'm also lucky to work with some of the best ad editors who can deliver on my vision for each ad.

Finding great creators/editors is so tough but I found my tribe.
Now my and my girls are making 20+ new ads each week for some of the coolest clients in the world.

It gets hard to choose what examples I share on Twitter because I love all of the ads so much and I take so much pride in the end results.
The most rewarding part of making UGC is that I have view-access into my client's ad accounts so I can see what ad concepts work the best and I can implement those learnings for the next week's ads.

Testing creatives and learning what works is the key to scaling ad accounts!
I'll forever pride myself on not being an agency. I'm working directly with my clients on the concepts each week, implementing their feedback, and analyzing their creative performance.

I am incredibly happy to have found so many amazing creators & to double down on UGC in 2022!

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Social Savannah

Social Savannah Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @social_savannah

Jul 27, 2023
What do the top advertisers on Meta and TikTok like The Farmers Dog, Poshmark, and Hims have in comment? They all have amazing ad creatives, and they hire me to make them.

Here are 15 top ad formats for you to use as inspiration:

#1 Let me change your mind about _________
#2 It's time to ditch ______, and get something much better from _____
#3 Fake Podcast (I am LITERALLY obsessed with this ad format)
Read 15 tweets
Jul 7, 2023
5 TikTok Ad Types You Should Test ASAP:

#1 Hook: "How these _____ changed my _____ game"
#2 "Trickster" TikTok voice effect + reverse clip intro
#3 Hook: "This is my new addiction"
Read 5 tweets
May 24, 2023
I randomly started a product review blog that now gets over 10 million impressions and 2 million post engagements a month on Facebook.

Here's the story of my most successful side project: Image
I got started with my review blog "Savvy Finds" last year when I saw a trend that ads going through publisher FB pages performed better than ads going through brand pages.

I ran lots of A/B tests on the ads I was making for clients from the Savvy Finds page vs their brand page. Image
I saw that the ads running through the Savvy Finds page were nearly always the winner, with all variables remaining the same. So for every ad I make for clients, I let them test the ads through Savvy Finds.

You can check out all of those ads here ⤵️

facebook.com/ads/library/?a…
Read 4 tweets
Dec 23, 2022
9 Top-Performing Ad Hooks You Should Be Testing In 2023 ⭐️ (all examples are my own)

#1 Something you should know about heading into 2023
#2 I tried this so you don't have to
#3 If you aren’t using this you’re missing out
Read 10 tweets
Dec 14, 2022
Want to know to succeed with TikTok ads?

In the last week, I've had 2 clients spending $20K+ a day on TikTok profitably.

Here's what I'm doing on both of those accounts:

#1 Stacking interest audiences in 1 ad set. I always test the interests that TikTok recommended. Easy.
The interests do not have to be related to your product. They will seem totally random, but if TikTok recommends them, I test them. And they work.

I have not seen success with TikTok's automated targeting, completely broad targeting, lookalikes, or purchase intent audiences.
#2 Optimizing for Complete Payment with Optimization goal as "Value". Value optimization is greatly outperforming conversion and click.

I do not recommend setting a minimum ROAS target on the ad set, it will limit delivery and it will be difficult to spend your daily budget.
Read 7 tweets
Nov 16, 2022
7 Tips To Improve Your Ad Creative Performance 🧵

#1 Start your ad with the desired end result of using your product, then in the second frame introduce the product. This will increase video watch time as people will want to know how to get the result.

(all examples are my own)
#2 Start your ad with a very close-up shot of the product. Get people wondering... what is that?

Starting the ad with something a bit weird/oddly satisfying will get people to stop scrolling.
#3 Start the ad explaining why you are NEVER doing the inconvenient/expensive/inefficient alternative to your product again.
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(