Fidelis To Justice Profile picture
Feb 6, 2022 5 tweets 3 min read Read on X
Bottom line is @GregAbbott_TX
and @GovRonDeSantis are both lazy and shiftless. Neither has the backbone or work ethic to compete in the marketplace of ideas. Like most GOP politicians they're not truly entrepreneurial and don't care abt public svc.
#Fresh
#ONEV1
#ResistanceUnited

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Fidelis To Justice

Fidelis To Justice Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @FidelisToJusti1

Jul 20
🧵Below thread is my opinion.

1/ Dear Fellow Activists,

We're not uber wealthy mega donors. Rather, what we have invested in our democracy is sweat equity as well as our own "small donations."

#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceUnited
#ONEV1
#VetsResist

2/ Hence, my angry letter posted on this platform yesterday to Senator Schumer and Speaker Emeritus Pelosi. Like many of you, I have devoted decades of free labor, precious spare time, and yes, $$$ I could have saved for retirement to Democratic candidates because I give a damn.
3/ Those "small donations" over time add up to real money when you you're not rich. And as a social introvert with a demanding high pressure job, I would often prefer to decompress over talking politics, promoting candidates and soliciting donations in my spare time.
Read 22 tweets
Jul 19
🧵*Content below is a letter I'm posting.

#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceUnited
#ONEV1
#VetsResist

1/ Dear @SenSchumer & @SpeakerPelosi,

I'm not a mega party donor. Nor am I part of the beltway careerist crowd or corp media hacks sucking from your access tit for their milk $.
2/ I am merely one of those activists you think you know better than. I'm 55 and have registered voters and raised small donations for Dem candidates since my teens. Senator Schumer, as a New Yorker, I knocked on many doors to help you defeat Al D'Amato's corrupt machine in '98.
3/ Speaker Pelosi, whenever anyone I engaged with as an activist said House Dems should elect a new leader, I ALWAYS had your back. I had your back after 2010, 2014, 2016 and 2020. I engaged many people who said you were too old and I stood up for you. Every f**k**g time!
Read 25 tweets
Jul 13
🧵* Content of below thread is my opinion.

1/ Are any of you familiar with the horseshoe theory? It's supposedly where extremes of the far right and left "rabble" intersect. There is credibility to this theory.
#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceRoots
#ONEV1
#VetsResist
2/ Antisemitism and destructive protectionist economic policies for example appeal to left/right extremes of the political spectrum.

But there's another equally awful horseshoe. It exists within the establishment elites of mainstream parties that embrace a "we know best" ethos.
3/ Typically, it's a rationale to preserve power and privilege of those at the top of institutional and industry pyramids ranging from government agencies, finance, energy, big agriculture, private prisons, private insurance, careerist apparatchiks and corporate media monopolies.
Read 25 tweets
Jul 6
🧵*Content of below thread is my opinion.

1/ If I did a good job on this thread, even the simplest of simpletons will get it.

Laws and people with authority to tell us no are vital because we all have an inner gangster.
#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceUnited
#ONEV1
#VetsResist
2/ Even as most of us are capable of empathy and generosity, most of us at the same time have darkness inside of us too.

Overall, most of us in our actions are not overtly courageous or villainous. Rather, most of us follow the wind's direction and look after our own.
3/ There are also outliers. Those with courageous integrity such as the Abolitionists in the 19th century who helped runaway slaves or the Danes who protected Jews during the Holocaust for example. Alas, there are also those who take pleasure or rationalize oppressing others.
Read 25 tweets
Jul 4

1/ All day I've been remembering our bicentennial in 1976. I was seven and grew up in a little hamlet in Rockland Country that had historical monuments to the Revolutionary War.
#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceRoots
#ONEV1
#VetsResist
2/ My memory is a little fuzzy but I recall attending a celebration near the '76 House with my mom where I grew up. Red, White & Blue ice cream sandwiches were served and dramatic reenactments with actors wearing powdered wigs took place. It was fun.
76house.com
3/ My own love of history stems from the bicentennial celebration in '76. Initially, learning history bored me but I devoured everything about the Revolutionary War. It was different than other history. There were ideals and principles beyond blood, soil and power.
Read 23 tweets
Jul 4

1/ Remember when George W Bush's DOJ dismissed seven US Attorneys on December 7, 2006? Way back then, GOP launched an assault against democracy as we slept.
#ProudBlueEditorials
#ResistanceRoots
#ONEV1
#VetsResist
law.columbia.edu/news/archive/u…
2/ @joshtpm and his team of investigative journalists essentially exposed that AG Alberto Gonzales fired seven US Attorneys who refused to prosecute allegations of voter fraud. The seven were either Republicans or conservative leaning independents.

talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/remembe…
3/ Among them was the US Attorney from New Mexico, David Iglesias who wrote a book in the aftermath of the scandal. Reading it and listening to him interviewed was very much an epiphany for me about the real stakes of our politics. Democracy itself.
amazon.com/Justice-Inside…
Read 22 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(