rektdiomedes Profile picture
Apr 2, 2022 19 tweets 15 min read Read on X
Thread: Top 10 Ways To Make Money Using @QiDaoProtocol

🧵🧑‍🌾

QiDao is one of the fastest-growing, most well-respected protocols in defi, and the sheer multitude of ways you can earn $ from it are quite vast...

1/x
I did a big thread on @QiDaoProtocol a few months ago (see below), but today in this thread I wanted to actually break down all the various ways you can earn yield via...(cont.)

2/x
...the @QiDaoProtocol ecosystem, as there have been new strategies popping up almost daily it seems like...

As a brief reminder, QiDao is a fully-collateralized disintermediated on-chain stablecoin protocol, using stablecoin $MAI (aka $MiMetic) and governance token $QI.

3/x
The TVL of @QiDaoProtocol has more than tripled since November when it was around $100M, and is now at $365M as of today.

The market cap of $QI is $75M currently.

As promised, here are 10+ ways to earn substantial yield with it.

4/x
One: Become a liquidity provisioner for any of the incentivized vaults on QiDao-Matic (its original native chain).

This includes the @QuickswapDEX $MAI / $USDC vault and $QI / $MATIC vault, and the $MAI-3CRV @CurveFinance pool (see below!).

5/x
Two: Lock up your LP tokens on QiDao-Fantom, which also offers some great incentivized options.

This includes (again) the $MAI-3CRV stablecoin pool on @CurveFinance, and the @beethoven_x pools for $MAI / $USDC or $QI / $FTM.

6/x
Three: Do the same on either of the two incentivized @QiDaoProtocol - Avalanche farms.

Either $MAI-3CRV on @CurveFinance or $QI / $AVAX on @traderjoe_xyz.

7/x
To use any of the above strategies, you first 'add liquidity' on the corresponding dex, and then stake your LP tokens not on that dex, but rather on the @QiDaoProtocol site itself under 'Farms'.

Stables usually average 14%-20% in my experience... $QI pairs 60%-100%.

8/x
Four: Lock up your 'pristine collateral' blue-chips in the @QiDaoProtocol vaults and borrow $MAI against them at 0% interest.

This functionality is on a bunch of different chains, and there are a myriad of tokens you can lock up, such as $BTC, $ETH, $CRV, and $AAVE.

9/x
Five: If this wasn't intriguing enough, you can also take INTEREST-BEARING TOKENS and borrow against them.

E.g. You can literally deposit @Screamdotsh and @beefyfinance receipt tokens, and borrow $MAI against them while they STILL EARN YIELD while serving as collateral!

10/x
Six: Lock $QI for 1-4 years on @QiDaoProtocol in the 'Boost' section, and receive weekly $QI yield in return :)

This is one of the coolest aspects of @QiDaoProtocol imo, and I have quite a bit of $QI locked for 4 years in this manner.

11/x
Seven: As a holder of locked $QI, you can also potentially earn bribe rewards for your gauge votes!

Locked $QI holders vote on which vaults earn borrowing incentives, and various entities have utilized bribes to earn such votes since the gauge was implemented :)

12/x
Eight: Create synethic locked $QI and lp it :)

As also seen on the above #FrenchChart diagram, you can- instead of locking it yourself- create synthetic locked $QI via either @tetu_io or @aavegotchi.

Here's a screenshot of the options on TetuSwap:

13/x
I was LPing $QI / $tetuQI in this manner for awhile, until the apr's got pretty low (due to the strategy's popularity I presume).

I haven't tried the synthetic $QI option from @GotchiVault, but here is a tweet from @lemiscate with some info on it:

14/x
Nine: Farm $MAI via any of the other great farms that utilize it.

Across Fantom and Matic especially, there are numerous third party AMM's that have $MAI/token lp pairs.

Here's a few you of the many that you can autocompound via @beefyfinance:

15/x
Ten: Deposit or borrow $MAI on various lending protocols.

People have been doing this on Fantom for awhile I believe, but @AaveAave just added $MAI functionality on three different chains as well!

See below from my man @CompleteDegen:

16/x
Conclusion: Those are ten great ways to earn yield via the @QiDaoProtocol ecosystem.

I have utilized nearly every single one in recent months and will continue to lock $QI and LP $MAI going forward as the #QiWars progress!

17/x
If you found this thread valuable please retweet and follow!

Finally h/t @excalidraw for the #FrenchChart diagram - awesome free resource for doing those!

19/x

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with rektdiomedes

rektdiomedes Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @rektdiomedes

Jan 25
[cont.]

But he did not allow himself to marinate in depression, or numb his pain with pleasure/vice/etc...

He rather fled towards the hard frontier out West, in what was then Dakota Territory... ceaselessly repeating his mantra "Get action... Get action..."

19/x Image
And we can extend this concept to the realm of art as well...

It is said that the greatest inspiration behind The Lord Of The Rings was Tolkien's lifelong grief over the loss of both his parents as a child, and two of his closest friends in WWI (which he also fought in)...

20/x

And one of the main themes of LOTR seems clearly to be the ubiquity of suffering and pain in life, along with the resolve to fight on and never give up in spite of it...

21/x
Read 17 tweets
Jan 25
Thread: Thoughts On Life And The Transmutation Of Pain

🧵

So this is a long, meandering schizo thread...

But it starts with a story involving a family I once knew...

1/x

This family- who I'll call the N's- lived in a small, extremely derelict trailer park way out in the woods (example type images below)...

This was hardcore, radical, American-gothic style poverty... beyond that which most people in the US will ever see...

2/x Image
It was not new to me, as I had spent thousands of hours in similar trailer parks as a teenager, chasing every degenerate biochemical vice that existed in those backwoods hills...

However... the N's trailer was extreme even by those standards...

3/x Image
Read 19 tweets
Jan 16
Thread: 10 Utterly Brilliant Crypto/Macro Crossover Thinkers You Should Be Following In 2024

🧵

One good thing about all the cross-market carnage the last two years is that it very much cemented the fact that crypto is macro and macro is crypto...

1/x
The recent ETF approvals and coming Circle IPO further illustrate this...

And as time passes and crypto slowly eats the tradfi financial rails (see the esteemed Larry Fink below for more on this :) ), they will converge more and more...

2/x
In the massive daily curatooring I do for @thedailydegenhq I come across multitudes of incredible accounts on here, and the below list represents 10 truly brilliant dual crypto+macro experts who I think its imperative you follow...

In no particular order, they are:

3/x
Read 16 tweets
Nov 21, 2023
Thread: 10 Extremely Good Crypto + Macro Videos I Watched Recently...

🧵

Haven't done one of these in awhile, but watched some absolute bangers the last couple weeks so wanted to curate them in a thread!

Here they are:

1/x

One: @0x_Kun's recent interview w @cryptodan19

The blue wassie has become one of my favorite follows on all of CT, w some of the most well thought-out wisdom on investing in crypto of anyone on this app.

Click below to access video via the QT:

2/x
Two: @profplum99 and @ConvexityMaven interviewing @ErikSTownsend On Simplify Asset Management's YT Channel

Absolutely fantastic macro discussion, primarily on nuclear energy but contains multitudes of wisdom beyond that... highly recommended:

3/x
Read 14 tweets
Nov 6, 2023
Thread: 10 Great Crypto Chart/Data Poasters You Should Be Following!

🧵

So in my research for @thedailydegenhq I am constantly looking for good charts/data to include, and wanted to share ten of the best accounts to follow if you like that sort of thing :)

List below:

1/x
One: @Flowslikeosmo

Probably the most prolific chart and data poster in defi...

Every single day Osmo posts a variety of interesting stuff. Dude never misses, insane consistency 💪

2/x
Two: @thedefivillain

Another insanely productful buddy of mine... posts daily charts, data, recaps, threads...

Also some gud thoughts on trades/narratives/etc.

Highly recommended...

3/x
Read 16 tweets
Sep 21, 2023
Thread: Logging, Wage-Cucking, Remote Work, And Wifi Money

🧵

When I was growing up, one of my best friends was a Mormon kid named JS... (cont)...

1/x
JS was the youngest of 6 siblings, and because his family lived near the local elementary + high school, I often hung out at his house in the evenings after football/baseball/etc practice, and would, as a result- very occasionally- see his father, RS.

2/x Image
RS was a big, imposing guy with a giant brown beard who worked as a logger.

He would wake up every morning at 3 am and drive way off into the mountains, and then in the evenings he also worked a second job part time as a heavy machinery mechanic.

3/x
Read 32 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(