Dr. Monica D.T. Rysavy Profile picture
Apr 14, 2022 7 tweets 10 min read Read on X
My current daily capture workflow uses @devontech's #DevonThink, @readwise Reader, @obsdmd, @clickup, & @craftdocsapp. It's working quite smoothly these days. I can find what I want when I want it, it's helping me get work done, and not getting in the way!
Branch 1: Academic Articles to @devontech
@devontech @readwise @obsdmd @craftdocsapp Branch 3: Non-Academic Articles: @readwise Reader -> @obsdmd -> @devontech -> @craftdocsapp
@devontech @readwise @obsdmd @craftdocsapp Tasks:
∙During Meetings: @craftdocsapp -> @clickup
∙Otherwise: @clickup

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Dr. Monica D.T. Rysavy

Dr. Monica D.T. Rysavy Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @monicarysavy

Jan 24
Anyone looking for inspiration for their Daily Page in @tana_inc? I recently redesigned mine and this thread shows you how it's set up.

First, here's what it looks like now ⤵
1/Image
And here's what it looked like before ⤵

2/ Image
Each of the areas of my life gets a different header in Tana in this new Day Page design. Each heading serves as a mini dashboard within my overall #Day template.

I love quotes and added some of my favorites to each heading node in the "description".

3/Image
Read 11 tweets
Mar 28, 2023
I updated my @tana_inc workspace with two new search nodes that are dramatically improving my workflows. If you're looking for a way to easily surface things you want to remember and tasks that are due on a given day, then you might find these tips to be helpful! 1/
I'm using two search nodes in @tana_inc:
🧶 Reminders &
🚨 Due Today

"Reminders" shows me things I want to remember on a given day, typically not a task, but something I want to look into on a that day. I'm using "Due Today" to remind me about tasks due on a given day. 2/
The 🧶 Reminders node is a search node that looks for nodes tagged with 🧶Remind Me & the due date is the same date as the page I'm on. That's what "PARENT" means - it looks for nodes with the due date of the page of the @tana_inc node I'm on (the date of the DAY page).

3/
Read 6 tweets
Jan 8, 2023
1/ Does anyone have experience with food sensitivity tests? I'm struggling with "mystery allergies" and I'm wondering if this might be diet related.
2/ I've had comprehensive allergy panels and learned I am "extremely" allergic to mold and dust mites. I'm now taking a medicine that *might* work after consistently taking them for 6+ months (I'm in m1). Apparently, I need to build it up in my system before experiencing relief.
3/ My symptoms became extremely worse about a year ago with no dramatic changes in lifestyle (diet/environment). This led me to allergy tests with an allergist who seems a bit dubious about why I'm feeling the way I do. (Me too). He seems to feel this medicine "might work".
Read 5 tweets
Jan 7, 2023
Are you looking to get more organized and track your daily habits and activities? Check out my latest blog post where I'm sharing a @tana_inc template that you can use to keep track of everything from daily log entries and meals to exercise and meeting notes.1/
By using the daily notes page in @tana_inc, you can get a clear overview of your daily routine and make any necessary adjustments to help you improve your productivity and overall well-being. 2/
Click the link to learn how to add my @tana_inc Daily Tracking Template to your #Tana workspace and start tracking details important to you today 👉🏻 rysavy.substack.com/p/get-organize… 3/
Read 4 tweets
Jan 2, 2023
A look at my @tana_inc daily page set up as of January 2, 2023. This thread explains why I set things up the way I did.

👋🏻And hey, Tana friends! 😀 I welcome feedback on how to do this in easier/better ways!

1/
One of my goals for 2023 is to "exclusively use Tana for note-taking and metric tracking for everything".

In the past, I've heavily used Notion (and dabbled with other apps), but this is the 1st time I'm committing to using ONE app for an entire year for a specific purpose. 2/
Tana's "Daily" page has the supertag of "day" and as you'll see on this screenshot, I have a lot going on with mine at the moment. 🤣

3/
Read 12 tweets
Nov 13, 2022
Now that all that LSAT work is complete (🥳), I'm switching my focus to working on my personal statements and narrowing down my school list (i.e. the institutions where I plan to apply). I'm continuing to use @tana_inc to do this. The top contenders continue to be these...1/ Image
This morning I decided to review the top 20 ranked (by U.S. News) full time & part time law schools to see if there were any I could add to my list. I was fairly certain my list already had all the schools that meet my criteria (predominately remote / virtual-friendly), 2/
but decided to take a second pass with this criterion (top 20), just to check. I created a new supertag in @tana_inc, "Potential Law School-Consider", because I already had a tag called "Potential Law School" that I heavily use with my top contenders and 3/ Image
Read 10 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(