Possum Reviews Profile picture
Apr 30, 2022 14 tweets 5 min read Read on X
People think dolphins are friendly because they look like they're smiling, but they're actually some of the most vile, despicable, godless beasts in nature. Image
Imagine the goblins from Goblin Slayer, except they're six to twelve feet long and live in the water. That's a dolphin. Image
Hitler was a dolphin which, by some cosmic disaster, was accidentally reincarnated as a human and given power over a nation. Image
The word "dolphin" comes from ancient Mesopotamian "du'a l'pun", meaning "cruelty without legs". They built ziggurats so their temples would be as high above sea level as possible so as to not be tainted by proximity to such unholy abominations. Image
A dolphin has no reflection in a pure silver mirror because its image is offensive to God. Image
Dolphins were once these loathsome land-dwelling monsters. God told Noah to leave them off the ark, but then Satan granted them the ability to survive in the ocean as an insult to God, and now all dolphins are indebted to the Devil and do his bidding, and they enjoy it. Image
Dolphins defile the corpses of their victims so brutally that their souls become unable to enter the afterlife, and are doomed to roam the Earth as enraged ghosts whose memories are a chaotic patchwork of jumbled images of the moment they were killed by the jaws of a dolphin. Image
Dolphins enjoy pain. That's why they sin so much. They crave the fires of Hell and the orgasmic agony of perdition. Image
Any living thing a dolphin swallows without chewing will not die in its gut, but will instead have its nervous system grafted with that of the dolphin, effectively merging their minds and souls. Thus, their victim will share the sins of the dolphin and be damned with it. Image
While God was sculpting Adam out of clay, Lucifer was sculpting the first dolphin out of the solid waste of angels collected from the sewers of Heaven. But unable to create a soul for it, Lucifer had to steal one and horribly disfigure it to fit his creation. Image
Several world governments have secret plans to mercy kill the entire human species should dolphins ever regain the ability to walk on land. Image
The ancient Greeks believed the souls of the dead needed to pay Charon to ferry them across the river Styx because they couldn't simply swim across since it was full of dolphins. Image
Dolphins reproduce by mitosis, like bacteria. Image
A googolplex years from now, long after the heat death of the universe, random quantum fluctuations will spontaneously give rise to a Boltzmann brain which will immediately be devoured by a dolphin. Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Possum Reviews

Possum Reviews Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ReviewsPossum

Sep 18
A good character design is one you can look at and instantly know what they're all about without having to be told.

Would you have guessed that the character on the right is meant to be a healer?

I'm gonna look at the characters from Concord and see what I can guess about them.Image
Keep in mind, I don't know anything about Concord's story or characters, so I'm trying to figure out what these characters are based purely on how they're designed. Tell me if I'm right.

Here we have some kind of lady in a hazmat suit holding a grenade launcher. Maybe she shoots poison gas. Perhaps she works as some kind of space bug exterminator.

In terms of gameplay, I'm gonna assume she's a support class who sets traps or uses area-of-effect weapons to deny the enemy team access to locations.Image
This appears to be some kind of disco lady with throwing knives. Maybe she can throw them in an arc over enemy barriers, or she has different types of knives that do different things when they hit targets.

I don't know why she's dressed that way. Image
Read 12 tweets
May 3
"WhEn YoU aDjUsT fOr InFlAtIoN, gAmEs ArE aCtUaLlY cHeApEr Now!"

THEY NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN OVER $50 IN THE FIRST PLACE.
"You don't understand! Games are so much more expensive to make now! See, we just have to have celebrity voice actors and Hollywood level visuals! We just can't turn a profit unless we sell you half a game for $70 and make you buy the rest as DLC, on top of microtransactions!"
This is the only industry where people will defend this kind of shit, by the way.

Do you know how much it costs to buy a ticket to see a one million-dollar movie? $10.

Do you know how much it costs to buy a ticket to see a $300 million movie? $10.
Read 4 tweets
Jan 30
I just watched the Hazbin Hotel pilot. I had seen it before, but I couldn't remember it.

I hate the art style. Almost every character design is like some kind of edgy DeviantArt OC. Most of them are overdesigned and make no sense. Image
Why does the Radio Demon have fox ears? He has no other animal features, and it makes me wonder if the only reason he has them is to make his silhouette more distinct. Aside from him carrying around a staff with a microphone, nothing about his design reflects his radio motif. Image
"Well, he's dressed in 1920s attire, and people listened to the radio back then, or something."

Half of the characters wear 1920s attire. And that's another thing. Why? It doesn't take place in the 1920s. Charlie has a smart phone. Image
Read 18 tweets
Dec 17, 2023
I keep telling you, the cyberpunk dystopia you're gonna get isn't gonna be Blade Runner.

It's gonna be Her.Image
This isn't a joke. There's a loneliness epidemic that's getting worse every year, and even though it's probably being caused by technology, we will become increasingly dependent on technology to cope with loneliness, to the point that entire industries will spring up around it.
It's already happening in Japan. Image
Read 7 tweets
Nov 23, 2023
"We're not allowing ad blockers on YouTube anymore. Disable your ad blocker or you can't watch anything."

"Okay."

[Clicks on video. Waits for two pre-roll ads.]

"WHAT IS UP YOUTUBE! IT'S YOU'RE BO—"

[Mid-sentence ad break.]

—Y, YOUTUBE GUY! TODAY'S VID—"

[Another ad break.]
If a YouTuber doesn't specify their own ad breaks in a video, YouTube will just put ads on their video, whether or not the uploader wants them there, and they will just put them at random spots in the video, even less than 90 seconds apart.
I'm not even exaggerating. I just started a video, and after the pre-roll ad, it played another ad while the guy was in the middle of a sentence less than 90 seconds into the video.

This is why people use ad blockers. The internet is intolerable without one.
Read 4 tweets
Nov 14, 2023
"Well, people of Narnia, it's been fun, but we need to give up our royalty and go back to the human world for no fucking reason where we have to pay taxes and ride the subway."
"Wow, Peter. I sure am glad that we gave up being the kings and queens of a magical kingdom to come back here." Image
"We could have been slamming prime faun puss right now, Peter. But that's okay. Riding public transportation and paying rent is cool too." Image
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(