Dr. Devashish Palkar Profile picture
May 8, 2022 7 tweets 4 min read Read on X
A tiny little thread on #Sleep and #Success!
Let's break some myths. 🙂
1/n
"If I sleep less, I will study more!"
❌️❌️
2/n
But that motivational speaker told me- "Dreams are not what you see during sleep, dreams are things which don't let you sleep!"
❌️❌️
3/n
This kind of motivational stuff is good to our ears but not to our body and brain!
4/n
So it's important to sleep well.
These are some important steps to have a good sleep hygiene.
Keep it in mind. 🙂
5/n
Sleep is not the opposite of success
But our biological need.
If you sleep well, you will be more energized and you will be actually be able to work on your dreams. 🙂
6/n
Do like/share/retweet/comment if you found this useful. 🙂
All the best to all students preparing for #Exams #examwarriors
#NEETPG2022 #UPSC2022
7/7

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Dr. Devashish Palkar

Dr. Devashish Palkar Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @psychidiaries

Jun 15
Trigger warning!
There's a video going viral of a young man who tried to jump in a river, which is likely to be an attempted suicide.
Luckily, he was saved by a fisherman.
But then fisherman because he doesn't understand how human mind works, slaps the man for having jumped.
The problem is when journalists and many people start to share the video revealing the identity of the man and actually appreciating the fisherman for not only saving him but slapping him!
Some have even commented that he should have been kicked, not just slapped! Image
This just represents the sad state of our society where people still think that "Suicide is an act which only stupid and weak people do. And they should be punished/beaten to their senses for that!"
Read 11 tweets
May 31
31st May is #WorldNoTobaccoDay
And it deserves our attention because when a person smokes a 🚬 it's the cigarette that's actually smoking the person.
Let's understand how tobacco makes a person addicted & ways to come out of it! 🧵
1/n Image
About 4000 chemicals have been detected in tobacco smoke while around 3000 in smokeless tobacco. Nicotine is the main chemically active constituent present in tobacco.
2/n Image
After absorption into blood, nicotine travels rapidly & reaches the 🧠 within 7 seconds by crossing blood–brain barrier. The sudden burst of nicotine in the 🧠 & its action on receptors (mainly alpha 4, beta 2 receptors) leads to sudden rush of Dopamine in our reward pathway!
3/n Image
Read 17 tweets
Mar 30
Some time back, I saw a young male in his 20s brought to me by his father in the opd.
The father was pretty distressed as the son had abruptly left a good job after a heated argument with his boss a couple of weeks ago. He told me that for the last 10-12 days, the boy had
...not been sleeping well and was constantly remaining irritable.
He would barely sit at home and was seen riding his bike at high speed on the streets for apparently no reason throughout the night & when he was stopped from going out, he would start abusing the family members.
For the last 3-4 days, he had even started to beat them up and would burst into fits of laughter while shouting loudly, "I am the lord of this city. You should all bow down to me!"
The family was alarmed that something was unusual..
Read 23 tweets
Oct 27, 2023
Ajay, 28, is a software engineer working from home for the last one year. Over the last few months, he has been having difficulty sleeping, wakes up late in the morning & then hurriedly sits in front of the laptop slogging all day and ends up emotionally fatigued at the end. 1/n
He becomes very irritable when his girlfriend calls him and often ends up arguing with her. He has been unable to finish tasks given to him and has found his productivity decreasing over the last few months. 2/n
His solution to this has been to put in more hours in work and he can be often seen working on his laptop till late at night trying to meet one deadline after another. 3/n
Read 26 tweets
Sep 4, 2023
15 tips I wish someone had told me before I joined residency!
A little 🧵 for all those who are going to join #residency this year.
#NEETPG #MedTwitter
1. Take all tips/suggestions with a pinch of salt as we all have biases
We may or may not be consciously aware of it.
2. Be slow to judge.

Your initial experiences in your field could end up being confusing/scary but don't judge whatever happens to you in your initial days of residency. It's going be hard work.
Residency is going to be hard work.
Accept. Understand. Be ready for it.
Read 17 tweets
May 31, 2023
31st May is #WorldNoTobaccoDay
A🧵 on everything related to tobacco, how it leads to addiction, why it's difficult to quit, and what the options are! Request you to spare a couple of minutes!
1/n Image
About 4000 chemicals have been detected in tobacco smoke while around 3000 in smokeless tobacco. Nicotine is the main chemically active constituent present in tobacco.
Remember, Vaping isn't safe either!
2/n Image
After absorption into blood, nicotine travels rapidly & reaches the 🧠 within 7 seconds by crossing blood–brain barrier. The sudden burst of nicotine in the 🧠 & its action on receptors (mainly alpha 4, beta 2 receptors) leads to sudden rush of Dopamine in our reward pathway!
3/n Image
Read 18 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(