Brandubh Profile picture
Jun 11, 2022 8 tweets 4 min read Read on X
1/8
Summary of the #TerfCutter #LynnBoylan debacle this week.
2/8
On Thursday, I was casually scrolling through Twitter, when I came across this disgusting, misogynistic tweet. An insult to women and a threat against them in one image. #WomensRightsAreHumanRights
3/8
Happily it only had one “like”. Out of curiosity, I clicked in to find out what misogynist had liked the tweet. I was shocked to discover that the person who had liked the tweet was Lynn Boylan @LNBDublin. A senator from @sinnfeinireland
4/8
Lynn Boylan, a woman who claims to be a feminist, liked a tweet that celebrates violence against women. I found this outrageous and decided to confront her on twitter. This is not the sort of behaviour I expect from public figures.
5/8
Although I was outraged, my tweet to Lynn Boylan was perfectly civil but Lynn’s first action was to block me.
6/8
Since then Lynn Boylan has deactivated her account. The cowardice. Why doesn’t she just admit she was wrong and apologise? I mean, we teach toddlers how to do this. Why can’t a fully grown woman take responsibility for her actions?
7/8
A big thank you to @iseult, @TheCountessIE and everyone whose combined actions helped to shine a light on the everyday misogyny women experience in Ireland. Violent threats are completely unacceptable and no politician should ever endorse them in any way. #EverdayMisogyny
8/8
Also, the sticker in the picture Lynn Boylan liked, has since been removed thanks to some lads I know down in Dublin. Thanks to them as well - you know who you are!

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Brandubh

Brandubh Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @brandubh4

Jan 25
Some people are under the impression that the Irish referendums on International Women's Day (8 March 24) are about removing "outdated", "sexist", "patriarchal" language from our Constitution.

This is NOT true.

#VoteNoRef24 #VoteNoNo #KeepMnaInTheLaw
The Constitution does NOT force women to stay at home. Huge numbers of women work in all kinds of businesses and industries in Ireland. Not one single woman is constrained at home by the Constitution.

#VoteNoRef24 #VoteNoNo #KeepMnaInTheLaw
What the Constitution ACTUALLY does is RECOGNISE the distinct and important role of women in society. It states that mothers, who wish to stay at home with their children, should NOT be forced to work outside the home to make ends meet.

#VoteNoRef24 #VoteNoNo
#KeepMnaInTheLaw
Read 8 tweets
Sep 24, 2023
Villiers School @VilliersSchool, in Ireland, is absolutely RIDDLED with gender ideology.

Villiers is heavily involved with BelongTo, an organisation which trains schools to let boys share girls' sleeping quarters.

Did I mention? Villiers is a boarding school.
For clarity, Villiers School @VilliersSchool is a secondary school in Limerick, Ireland.

In Ireland, secondary schools cater for children from 12 to 18 years old.
When you click the menu button on their website, the very first tab is about "Diversity, Equity & Inclusion".

They have Equity, Diversity and Inclusion training and events constantly throughout the school year. Image
Read 23 tweets
Sep 19, 2023
Manor House School @ManorHseRaheny is a Catholic secondary school for girls in Dublin. However Catholicism isn't the only religion in this school.
There is an activist teacher in this school called Ciara Power @ciarapowerpower. Her timeline is full of LGBTQ insanity in her school.

Would you want your kid in this school?

Read 10 tweets
Sep 17, 2023
After the fantastic #LetWomenSpeakDublin event yesterday, it's incredibly disappointing to see an ill-informed woman @Atlethia tweeting negatively about me and the event from behind a block. Image
I spoke passionately about the ordeal I have faced at school and the bullying and gaslighting I have had to face daily.

@Atlethia doesn't comment on this, but decides to castigate me for the Molly Mo Thóin parody I wrote based on Molly Malone.
As many of you know, I have had to deal with horrendous bullying and isolation at the hands of both students and teachers simply because I will not capitulate to gender ideology.

#LetWomenSpeak #LetWomenSpeakDublin
Read 14 tweets
Jul 13, 2023
I talk a lot about my science teacher and the conversation that we had in November 2021!

However I've never gone into detail about our exchange. Until now.

Thread 🧵
My school had just celebrated "Stand Up Week" or "Stand Up Awareness Week".

During this week, we had been force-fed all sorts of TQ+ propaganda and lies. I disputed every falsehood taught to me. I asked questions. I raised concerns.
The next week I was pulled out of class by my science teacher (who was also my form teacher i.e. she had special responsibility for my class).

She told me that some of my classmates had reported me for making "offensive comments" about the LGBTQ+ community.
Read 21 tweets
Jun 21, 2023
The debate in the Seanad on Hate Speech will start in 10 minutes. You can watch it on the link below.

oireachtas.ie/en/oireachtas-…
I'm going to be live tweeting in this thread.

#NoHateSpeechLaws
They're discussing a different bill right now. I think they'll be discussing hate speech after.
Read 71 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(