Serene Profile picture
Jun 21, 2022 12 tweets 7 min read Read on X
I will be watching this hearing, so that likely means some tweets. I can already tell that a lot of these politicians are going to piss me off. We've already got a, “Laws don't work, what about Chicago?”
Steve McCraw is up now.
McCraw says that 18 months before the shooting Ramos started buying supplies. He had asked a relative to buy him a gun and they refused, but he bought magazines, a scope, other accessories. "And he had money." #uvalde
McCraw wandering away from the mic is gonna kill me.
In a press conf if the speaker goes away from the mic everyone yells out, and the press probably wants to now. McCraw's voice just goes completely silent about half the time & I can't see the timeline so I'm deaf & blind. 😭
This is what we're dealing with. #uvalde
McCraw makes no bones about who was in charge. It was Arradondo.
McCraw shows Arredondo comms reinforcing that, then he explains procedure. The tone is getting more withering towards Arredondo. Doesn't look like he'll be spared today. (And we got a mic assist.) #Uvalde
12:20 Chief Arredondo: "I just need a key. Tell them to fucking wait. No one comes in."
12:21 Ramos fires 4 more rounds. *Not a "barricaded subj"

... more, all infuriating

12:28 Chief A: "The door's probably gonna be locked. I'm gonna get some more keys to test."
#Uvalde
McCraw confirms what @bchasnoff reported Sunday. There was no way for the teacher, *or for Ramos* to lock the door from the inside. These are not the doors to 111 and 112, but those two doors were just like these. #Uvalde
McCraw is withering that not one officer so much as touched the door
"We've gone back & checked, did anybody touch the door? ...How about trying the door & see if it was unlocked? Okay? You know, what we used to call a 'clue.' Why not? And of course, no one had." #uvalde
NEW: The only rounds found that were fired by law enforcement inside the school were the rounds fired into room 111 *at the time of the breach.*

We've heard a whole lot about officers firing at Ramos early on, but that, also, does not appear to have ever been true. #Uvalde
-2 rifles wi 5 mins. McC: "you don't need a rifle. You have a gun. You have body armor."
-No attempt to try the door. Arredondo made it all up.
-A. said there was an office there. "It's not an admin bldg. These were classrooms"
-McC: If you got one officer, that's enough.
#uvalde
The reason TX DPS stopped talking to the media, according to Dir. Steve McCraw, is that the district attorney muzzled them. He doesn't use the word "muzzled," of course, but that directive shutting off info to the public came directly from DA Christina Busbee. #Uvalde

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Serene

Serene Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @MythSerene

Feb 3, 2023
FRI, FEB 3
As I warned last night I'm in & out until 11:30, but after I quit tweeting the story of poor Chris Wilson I looked back at one of the clips & the difference in #AlexMurdaugh's demeanor almost slapped me across the face. Threw this together real quick just to see.
1/
I still have to do other things before 11:30, but Michael Satterfied, Gloria Satterfield's son, just took the stand so I am a little more here than away now.
#AlexMurdaugh
2/
Michael Satterfield testifies that his mom fell at #AlexMurdaugh's house & died at the hospital. Says Alex told him they could get some money to pay the hospital bills & some for them. Later introduced to Cory Flemming, but he always thought Alex was his lawyer.
3/
Read 34 tweets
Feb 2, 2023
THUR, FEB 2
Welcome to the #AlexMurdaugh which is like a locked room mystery, except that the room isn't locked, isn't a room, and there is no mystery. Alex was there. No one else could have been there. Right?
Ooh, Judge Newman starting w those last q's & obj that bothered me.
1/
He doubled down & chastised D for a speaking obj. But it patches his record.
On the 404/prior bad acts or character (motive) evidence, he's on firmer ground. Says D made #AlexMurdaugh's character a central issue. Really the q is how far he lets the state go. No surprises here.
/2
Griffin making his args for the record.
Law & Order's most consistent & detached fiction was judges ruling for D in everything. Throwing out evidence right & left. W few exceptions judges openly favor the state & the only q is where they fall on the continuum.
#AlexMurdaugh
3/
Read 48 tweets
Feb 2, 2023
Some day I'm going to see Carol Burnett trending for the wrong reason and I will regret not doing this while I can find out if she remembers it.
I sure as hell don't. But I was 2.
It's a simple story with a brilliant Burnett punch line... that I was too young to hear for years.
I've heard the anecdote my whole life. Sort of. In my littleness it was a Wink Wink Nod Nod Big People Joke I Don't Get. Especially at Chasen's.
I heard it in 3 iterations.
Carol Burnett was carrying you around to people's tables and you snuck sips of their wine and got drunk.
Of course, this isn't funny, but big people are weird and who doesn't love Carol Burnett? Plus, to adults this counts as a story. And to a kid it hits all the right notes. It's about me. With Carol Burnett. Everyone laughs and smiles.

I was obviously just an adorable 2-yr old.
Read 6 tweets
Feb 1, 2023
It hasn't rejected it yet, but doesn't look promising so time to start a new thread.
#AlexMurdaugh
18/
It did let it send. Whew.
Steps btw 6:54 & 8:42:11PM
105- 6:54-
It's all here. Unable to type these & catch the next here. But they're in the clip. And I'm going to stop predicting snapchat.
19/
#AlexMurdaugh
I sent it outside the thread and it went faster.
↓︎
Snapchat call that is definitely Alex Murdaugh.
Bastard. #AlexMurdaugh
That really made me mad, though. I didn't expect that reaction, but seeing him crying made me feel a bit violent.
This was 20/
Read 30 tweets
Feb 1, 2023
WED, FEB 1
#AlexMurdaugh trial testimony.
Brett Dove right back on the stand. First q is about Find My iPhone being triggered. It could be triggered by many different things. (I think that was in anticipation of cross.)
He didn't find any location data from that night.
Onto Alex!
There was a privilege review for #AlexMurdaugh's phone, and "several things" were removed. Because he was a lawyer and had so many deep and complex relationships that could certainly be legally thorny, I can see a lot being off-limits. However, we still have the call/text logs.
Crap. I forgot to number those. That's all that sorta kinda saved me yesterday after Twitter just quit working. And it absolutely would not let me tweet in the thread.
Today, to *attempt* to mitigate that I'm going to break off at abt 20 tweets & then tape.🤞🏻🩹
#AlexMurdaugh
3/
Read 10 tweets
Jan 31, 2023
Is an iphone fungible or non-fungible? I have no idea on the case law, but Harpootlian is saying you can't discern one from the other... okay, Waters is listing serial number, etc. Bc Harp wants to make the state call every single chain of custody evidence.
#AlexMurdaugh
/25 ImageImage
Newman had the case law. 💥
State v. Pulley - 423 S.C. 371, 815 S.E.2d 461 (2018)

Non-fungible. We don't need a train of witnesses. Let's go. Harpootlian can't put this off anymore.
#AlexMurdaugh
/26
John Bedlington, licensed federal firearms dealer who built Blackout rifles and is a Department of Natural Resources officer. He's also #AlexMurdaugh 's cousin.
/27 ImageImage
Read 22 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(