CryptoCondom Profile picture
Jul 7, 2022 12 tweets 9 min read Read on X
A #RealYield trend on #CT was started this week by DeFi natives @IntrinsicDeFi & @MrGrumpyNFT.

What does this mean? It means DeFi 3.0 protocols like @GMX_IO, that are low or non-inflationary, pay protocol revenue to stakers in non-native tokens like $ETH.
🧵👇 Image
Derivative exchanges like @GMX_IO & $GNS benefit token holders because trading profit thrives in volatility.
The House 🃏generally wins.
Consider the $GMX net P&L below. This results in a 70% revenue distribution to $GMX's collateral vault, $GLP, & 30% 💰 to $GMX stakers.
👇 Image
During a 🦀, @GMX_IO loses value bc traders are unlikely to open new positions due to lack of volatility. This can lead to ⬇️ token price short term.
However, as volatility goes up, for example, around release of the US FOMC minutes 7/6/22, trading volume + OI ⬆️=💰
👇 ImageImage
Revenue over the last 3 months has been in a down trend for $GMX stakers compared to a bull market. However, periods of high volatility have resulted in high fees to stakers with APR ranging consistently between 20-40% in $ETH & $esGMX.
👇 Image
Although OI is $GMX's primary source of revenue, growing secondary revenue sources include:
1) #Arbitrum swaps via DEX aggregator integration
2) MEV shared with @Keeper_DAO
👇 ImageImage
Future revenue sources for $GMX include synthetic derivatives & the launch of X4 for greater capital efficiency. Work on synths has already begun by the dev team w/X4 currently pending development after synths. medium.com/@gmx.io/x4-pro…
👇
It is worth noting that the $GMX circulating supply is around 7.7m & max supply is 13.25m. There are approx 2.2m escrowed $GMX tokens.
Supply on exchanges is diminishing w/only 400k $GMX on @Uniswap & net outflows increasing daily per @nansen_ai.
👇 ImageImageImageImage
As $esGMX tapers thru the remainder of 2022, expect a supply crunch to continue to develop as long term stakers are incentivize to hodl thru the 🐻 market to earn lucrative multiplier points to ⬆️ their $ETH revenue share.
Notably, price & volume are seeing a recent uptrend. ImageImage
I expect the rise of hedging strats + ⬆️ awareness of hedging for the @GMX_IO collateral vault, $GLP, is likely to result in ⬆️ OI as the platform grows. Strats include:
1⃣ Stop Loss/Limit orders
2⃣ @dopex_io Atlantic Options
3⃣ @TracerDAO Power Perpetuals - nonliquidatable
👇 ImageImage
TLDR pt1: I believe @GMX_IO is a base layer DeFi dApp on #Arbitrum that is likely to see ⬆️ revenue & trading activity as the year progresses.
👉Tapering emissions by Dec is likely to result in a supply crunch w/price appreciation.
👉Tokenomics encourage long term accumulation
TLDR pt2:
👉Launch of synths & X4 + growing secondary sources of revenue via swaps/MEV is bullish for long term protocol sustainability.
👉The L2 narrative is likely to benefit $GMX on #Arbitrum greatly after the launch of Nitro this summer. $AVAX $GLP growth is also at an ATH.
🎗️Disclosure: As always, DYOR & NFA.
I am biased bc I am long $GMX. I started DCA'ing at $28 & bought the bottom at $12. I continue to buy bc I believe $GMX will outperform even in the 🐻.
I also hodl $UMAMI which is a delta minimized yield aggregator built ontop of $GLP. 🍌 Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with CryptoCondom

CryptoCondom Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @crypto_condom

Jun 21, 2023
RIP Other-Guys DN Vaults 2022-2023
Delta neutral is HARD. I mean fucking HARD.

Frens, Enemies & Onlookers:
Let us take a walk down memory lane & visit why @umamidao is still alive & kicking
🧵👇
1. @rage_trade Made the decision to shut down their under-performing GLP vaults to "focus" on their perps product.
2. @Dsquared2 Presently shut down due to a team vs investor disagreement

Read 7 tweets
May 14, 2023
Someone asked me today what I look for in a 🌱seed project & how much is too little/too much to invest...it made me realize there just isnt enough info out there for the avg degen to consider if you want to angel/seed invest.
My take might not be popular: but its honest 🤷‍♀️
🧵👇 Image
Rule #1: Try NOT do seeds/angel investments.
Why? Well, the honest trust is that $ETH will likely 3-5x ROI in the next 2yr by simply hodling
OR, u can give 💰 to a start-up that wont show ROI for >2 years + risks exploits, irrelevance, forking/copy-cats & lack of a value moat.
👇
@tbr90 touched on this back in Jan when he noted it is often better to be the 2nd 🐭.
I have used the metaphor of the 2nd mouse in relation to seed investments several times since. The ref relates to a clip in Catch me if You Can w/Christopher Walken:
👇 Image
Read 10 tweets
Apr 19, 2023
On request from @ani578 & @VirtualCD_CTEn,
here are some indicators I've documented w/@irncrypt to monitor for oversold vs overbought conditions.
As always, this is NFA, all indicators should be considered in context of broader macro/market conditions.
🧵👇 Image
1) @GCRClassic was the first big CT account to note : Volume traded > market cap is suggestive of a potential top as this is often indicative of high turn over in the circulating supply.
@Asymmetry_Fi also had a good commentary on this recently as well and is worth a follow.
👇 Image
2) Clean wallet funding is bullish for whatever token they're buying in context of fund accumulation vs P&D buying. I monitor for clean wallet accumulation from @ElBarto_Crypto amazing free dash, Block 119, block119.io/dashboard
👇
Read 12 tweets
Apr 3, 2023
Is @Ninjascalp's Binance Cartel real?
TLDR: YES
Let's take a look.
🧵👇
I used @DeBankDeFi Time Machine to look at the @binance hot wallet, 0x28c6c06298d514db089934071355e5743bf21d60 on 3/12/23...the day before @cz_binance announced his $1b liquidity purchase.
On this day, the hot wallet held $157m $BUSD.
👇
On 3/13/23, @cz_binance announced a plan to swap the Binance Recovery Foundation wallet funds into crypto.
👇
Read 8 tweets
Apr 2, 2023
Everyone is talking about Mt Gox & Shanghai...but no one is talking about one of the OTHER biggest stories of April 2023: @amazon's NFT marketplace GALLERY
Let's dive in bc it's something worth watching 👀
🧵👇
Reported 1st by @michael_bodley, @amazon will be launching a NFT marketplace on/around April 24th.
The (nft) GALLERY reportedly will:
✅Feature famous web3 nfts
✅Permit sale/resale of NFT gift cards + subscriptions
✅Host minted content tied to real world tokenized assets
👇
So which NFT collections have partnered with @amazon ? Apparently a bunch but most are bound by NDAs. The ones leaked so far include:
🐧 @pudgypenguins
🧮 @ArtifactLabs_
🧾 @ProofCollective
🎨 @beeple
👇
Read 11 tweets
Apr 1, 2023
Wen researching tokens & fee revenue, you REALLY need to pay attention to sources.
Just bc someone claims to have data supporting their conclusions...trust but verify.
🧵👇
The most easily accessible source of fee revenue is @tokenterminal. This is unfortunate because they tend to have institutional subscriptions & funds+researchers who ACTUALLY believe their data wo questioning it. 🎗️Remember: easy != accurate
👇
Case in point: there has recently been a CT discussion regarding @QuickswapDEX vs @traderjoe_xyz revenues.
Both are gud projects from @0xPolygon & @avalancheavax respectively. However, TT does NOT represent a comparison of their fee revenue accurately.
👇
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(