Wokal Distance Profile picture
Jul 29, 2022 13 tweets 7 min read Read on X
1/
Dictionaries/wikipedia changing the meaning of words in order to help the left win arguments.

A thread🧵

@Cernovich gives us our first example: wikipedia redefining "recession" to help Democrats👇
2/
When Republicans put Amy Coney-Barret on the Supreme court the left chaged the meaning of "court-packing" and dictionary .com went along with it. ImageImage
3/
Speaking of Amy Coney-Barret...

When Amy Coney-Barret used the term "preference" wbile discussing sexual orientation the left pretended that "preference" was offensive, and Merriam-Webster changed the definition in order to make that lie stick👇 ImageImage
4/
The transgender people got merriam-webster the change the definition of the word "female" to include "gender identity" (pic 1) when that was nowhere to found as recently as 2019 (pic 2) ImageImage
5/
Of course changing the meaning of "female" means changing the meaning of "girl"

(H/T @libsoftiktok) ImageImage
6/
And of course changing the meaning of '"girl" means changing the meaning of "boy" ImageImage
7/
We also find that vox celebrating the fact that Merriam-Webster changed the definition of racism to include purely "systemic oppression." ImageImageImage
8/
@chadfelixg points out that google changed the definition of the word bigot ImageImageImage
9/
The left did not like us pointing out their use of "cultural marxism" (a term found in academic literature to refer to marxist cultural analysis) so they changed the meaning of that word to be an anti-semitic conspiracy theory... and wikipedia went along with it.👇 Image
10/
The left did not lile non-white voting for Trump...so they changed the definition of "whiteness" to include black, brown, and hispanic people.

The dictionary didn't go along with this...but the washington post sure did. ImageImage
11/
The game the left is playing is to shift the definitions of words in their favor, and then get dictionaries and wikipedia (the common sources people use to check definitions) to do their dirty work and change the official definition to reflect what the left wants.
12/
The left can't win on the merits so they have to play fast and loose with the definitions. They have to use linguistic sleight of hand to make it look like they're winning.
13/
@JackPosobiec points out that wikipedia has redefined the word "definition"

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Wokal Distance

Wokal Distance Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @wokal_distance

Aug 31
Imagine how bewildering the world must seem to 10 year old boys:

Boys shirts are about being lazy and playing video games while Girls shirts are about being future CEO'S and leaders.

They call masculinity toxic and say boys are privileged while also saying the future is female
On the one hand if all the boys win, thats very bad cause boys winning is not fair to girls, but girls only like the boys who win.

And also, all girls winning is good, all boys winning is oppression.

How are 10 year old boys supposed to make sense of this?
I'm genuinely asking this because the male S U I C I D E epidemic is at an all time hight, and the rates of men offing thenselves starts to take off at 15.

This is a serious problem Image
Read 6 tweets
Aug 11
1/
One reason Gender Ideologues hijacked our institutions is that woke activists don't understand how *LEGITIMACY* works

I'll explain:

The woke think legitimacy is a matter of power and authority: A thing is legitimate when people with power and authority say it's legitimate...
2/
As such, they think that the legitimacy of various types of medical interventions (IE: puberty blockers, mastectomies, and cross sex hormones for 15 year olds) depends entirely on whether or not the people with the power and authority in the medical system say it is.

Now...
3/
Most of us believe that the legitimacy of medical treatments rest on a foundation of objective truth, objective standards of quality, rigorous criteria for safety, attention to detail, and careful application of sturdy medical ethics.

The woke reject all of that. Here's why:
Read 15 tweets
Aug 11
If you immerse yourself the various political tribes on twitter (IE: feminist, MAGA, centrist, Woke, ETC). you realize they inhabit entirely different worlds of meaning.

They don't just disagree on facts, they disagree about the MEANING of the facts, and to interpret them...
It's not merely that they disagree about what the facts are, it's that even when they agree about the facts they don't agree about how to understand and interpret the facts.

They disagree about what those facts tell us, what we learn from those facts, and what those facts MEAN
We have a disagreement about MEANING

Our culture now believes that truth is a matter of interpretation, with the implication being that you don't have direct access to truth, all you have is your own interpretation of your own perspective on the world and your experiences
Read 6 tweets
Aug 7
1/
This maoist "re-education programming," and I'll show you how it works🧵

The goal of this is to say "I own you, I own your social media, I own your voice, you life will be nothing but a vessel for leftist ideology. If you refuse I will take away your ability to earn a living"
2/
Maoist "re-education" is a type of brainwashing which seeks to implant, instill and indoctrinate maoist/communist/leftist beliefs into the mind of the person being "re-educated"

Look at this text: the mayor refuses to tell the employee what to say. Now, let me tell you why... Image
3/
It's because the mayor does not want the employee to merely **express** the Mayor's values. The Mayor wants to employee to show that the employee has fully and completely **INTERNALIZED** the Mayor's values and beliefs.

The employee has to prove he isn't merely obeying...
Read 11 tweets
Jul 31
1/
Woke and Weaponized Government!

America's Nuclear weapons has been placed in the hands of an organization that is captured by DEI

The Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board (DNFSB), which oversees the U.S. nuclear weapons complex, has fully adopted DEI

Let's take a look: Image
2/
The DNFSB's DEI Strategic plan says that a commitment to DEI is Critical to their mission.

Their mission is implementation of "standards relating to the design, construction, operation, and decommissioning of defense nuclear facilities"

How does "equity" help here?
3/
Strategic goal number 1 adds "diversity" to the list of goal and objectives of the hiring practices of the DNFSB.

This is splitting the focus away from merit and making DEI part of the hiring process Image
Read 9 tweets
Jul 30
1/
After reading @ConceptualJames here, I deleted these tweets.

The "weird" insult is a dialectical trap. The goal of Queer Theory is to attack and subvert the very idea of *normalcy,* and bolish all social norms, expectations and standards.

They're TRYING not to be normal
2/
As @VinesMatthew explains, queer theory opposes the very idea of normalcy and the imposition of ANY social norms

The reason they call the right weird is because if the right is "weird," and the left is "queer" that means neither side is NORMAL, and thus NORMALCY is abolished
@VinesMatthew 3/
queer theory want to abolish normalcy, and that means abolishing ALL norms:

-moral norms
-social norms
-norms of rationality and reason
-scientific norms
-Political norms

If they can make the right "weird" and the left "queer" that neither side can stand for **NORMALCY**
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(