Jack Appleby Profile picture
Sep 14, 2022 17 tweets 10 min read Read on X
Brands put a lottt of thought + $$$ into making sure Influencers loveee their products by creating “Influencer Kits”

I wanna show you what @GoPro put together for their #GoProCreatorSummit influencers.

A 15-tweet 🧵w/ strategy + examples:
The @GoPro Creator Summit brings adventure creators together for a truly wild experience. It’s a big vacation to show off the new camera with all sorts of content opps.

I’m headed to Switzerland this week for the 2022 edition!

Here’s a recap from 2020:
gopro.com/en/us/news/202…
1. If you wanna impress creators, every part of the presentation matters.

That’s why the @GoPro Creator Summit Go Kit starts with @Victorinox suitcase with custom + custom wrap for the event. It gets you excited about the event, what’s inside, + hashtag info.
2. Anddd the reveal!
So. Much. Stuff.

Mixture of @GoPro products, other tech brands, & helpful products for the Switzerland trip. You always want a mix of cool + purposeful to catch an influencer’s eye.
3. The star of the show:
@GoPro Hero 11 Black.

The whole purpose of the Creator Summit is to get creators using the new product in once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Smart to get these to creators early (under embargo) to play with.
4. Accessories are always necessary. Creators get a bite mount + extra batteries for their flashy new @GoPro.

If anyone wants to do one of those you’re holding your hand in front of me as if you’re leading me pics, I got it covered.
5. When Influencer Gifting Kits are for an event, you always want some items themed for the moment.

They haven’t told us our adventure activities yet, but sounds like @drinkLMNT electrolytes + @coola sunscreen will help (am I gonna have to jump off a cliff?)
6. Okay, this is super smart. @GoPro branded power converter. I would’ve for SURE forgotten to pack one of these.
7. Everyyy Creator Kit has some sort of headphone partner - it’s a staple of these boxes.

@skullcandy’s Hesh Evo gets made the nod here.
8. You knew there’d be merch.

2 custom graphic tees
A clean windbreaker
A branded shoulder bag

They’re inexpensive to make + make influencer kits feel even deeper.
9. It’s 2022, so yes, COVID tests are often a smart addition to influencer kits.
10. I’m of the age where I live a good sock, so I’ll absolutely wear these @smartwool socks.
11. You always wanna include instructions + literature in Creator Kits to give the necessary info.

Check the clever “packing list” that includes the Twitter handle + hashtag for every included brand.
12. I’m already getting a lotta use out of the @GoPro-branded @YETICoolers.

The subtle branding is important here. If it’s gaudy, creators won’t use them day-to-day. This is very nice & becomes a daily reminder of the brand + experience.
13. You knew they were coming. Stickers. Mixture of @GoPro + @visitswitzerlnd - I kinda dig the Switzerland branding?
14. A Switzerland highlights guide. Great way to make sure attendees know the landscape… I badly needed this.
That’s the kit! Definitely one of the better Influencer Gifts I’ve seen a brand put together.

Just interviewed @GoPro’s Sr Director of Global Media Relations + Community about their influencer strategy as well - follow me at @jappleby for more!

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Jack Appleby

Jack Appleby Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @jappleby

Jun 14, 2023
Okay, I ran a reallyyy cool study on influencer marketing.

You've seen #ad.
You've seen #partner.

I worked with @Swayable to test which ad disclosures create the highest product consideration and purchase intent within branded content.

A Twitter Analysis 🧵:
@Swayable Let's talk Influencer Marketing 101 for a second.

Whenever an Influencer is paid by a Brand to make content, they legally need to disclose the partnership to their followers. The most common way? #ad.

BUT, it's not the only way! 1/
@Swayable Here are the FTC's guidelines for Social Media Disclosures:
ftc.gov/system/files/d…

You'll notice the FTC doesn't demand influencers use #ad. There are a wholeee lotta ways to do it—you just gotta make it obvious. 2/
Read 12 tweets
Jun 13, 2023
Wanna see a Creative Strategy pitch deck?

Here's my exact presentation from my #Twitch days for a campaign that just won gold at @shortyawards! Here's details on my:

- deck-making philosophy
- Slide-by-slide breakdown
- sales pitch strategy

A 🧵 breakdown:
@shortyawards This was my pitch to AT&T. They wanted to push their high speed internet to gamers, bonus points for aspiring streamers.

I can show the deck because, amazingly, they bought the exact idea. No changes. That almost NEVER happens. The case study: shortyawards.com/15th/the-first…
@shortyawards SLIDE 1: Title slide. It's... it's a title slide. It's purple because Twitch. That's... that's all I've got to say about that. Image
Read 18 tweets
Jun 12, 2023
So @MrBeast’s new video hit 47 million views in 1 day—the 2nd highest 24 hour view count in YouTube history.

I analyzed the video minute-by-minute, detailing 25 storytelling tactics he uses to pull you in + keep you engaged for a full 14 minutes.

A content breakdown 🧵: Image
@MrBeast 0:00—The Thumbnail

@MrBeast famously stated he spends up to $10,000 just on thumbnail design + testing. "The thumbnail makes the difference between 50 million views and 200 million."

For the new video? He makes YouTube face next to a gold yacht. Very clickable. 1/ Image
@MrBeast 0:00—The Title

@MrBeast shows yachts at different price points in the video, but you need a concise, catchy hook to pull views, so he only lists 2 yachts in the title.

"vs" language is a great emotional motivator, plus who doesn't wanna see a $1 yacht and a $1 billion yacht? 2/ Image
Read 30 tweets
May 22, 2023
When this guy went viral for holding a beer instead of an iPhone, @MichelobULTRA went real-time marketing.

Within 48 hours, the brand:
- made him their social spokesperson
- gave him his own merch line?!
- took him to the next PGA tour stop

A social case study + analysis 🧵: Image
The opportunity was purely organic.

It's a great photo! The way "Beer Guy" is framed, showing him enjoying the moment vs. trying to get mediocre footage for Instagram? Stuff of legends.

Thankfully for @MichelobULTRA, that can design is pretty noticeable. 2/ Image
Within 48 hours, @MichelobULTRA turned that iconic photo into a cinemagraph-style video with their line: "It's only worth it if you enjoy it."

It immediately became their most-shared social post in over a year.
Read 8 tweets
Feb 9, 2023
How to use 1:1s with your boss to position yourself for a raise or promotion 🧵:
1. ask your boss what skills you need to improve to get to the next title.
2. document that feedback. If they don't write it to you, summarize and send it back to them in an email.
Read 8 tweets
Jan 4, 2023
Did you set New Year's Resolutions for work? Because you should. 2023's a great year to get intentional about your career, set trackable goals (that you'll actually enjoy), and take a leap.

Here are 30 ideas for work-related 2023 goals 🧵:
1. Apply to 1 new job a month, even if you aren't looking.

Don't wait til you need a new job to look, even if you love what you're doing. You don't owe your company anything. If dream jobs pop up, go for them.
2. Set a caffeine limit + last chance to grab coffee each day.

I can't confirm or deny I'm a 2 energy drink a day guy who's trying to cut back.
Read 31 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(