Rosie Palfy Profile picture
Sep 26, 2022 17 tweets 12 min read Read on X
Tomorrow @CleCityCouncil will hold a caucus meeting at noon. The agenda does not list discussion items. The meeting will NOT be live-streamed on YouTube or TV 20. I spent the day doing research to find a loophole to explain council’s lack of transparency. I COULD NOT FIND ONE. Image
I’m going to share what I learned in the hope that #Cleveland City Council President Blaine Griffin will reconsider this practice. I’m asking @Griff4CLE6 to publish a full agenda & livestream the meeting. I believe there’s been an honest misinterpretation of Ohio’s Sunshine Laws.
This is going to take a while. I’m asking everyone following this🧵to please be polite & refrain from swearing because it’s not going to help. I want to state the obvious upfront. I am NOT an attorney & I don’t play one on 📺. Now that we’ve got that out of the way, here we go…
I spent the entire day researching Cleveland City Council’s rules, news releases & press releases. I read news stories, Ohio’s Sunshine☀️ Laws, as well as old notes & Twitter🐥threads from numerous @cledocumenters. I believe @CleCityCouncil is violating the Open Meetings Act.
Both @MayorBibb & @Griff4CLE6 pledged transparency when they each assumed office. On January 3, #Cleveland City Council approved new council rules for 2022-2025. clevelandcitycouncil.org/resources/news…
The Rules Committee is chaired by Council President Griffin. Committee Members include Council Members: @kevinconwell216, @KerryMcCormack1, @rebecca__maurer & Mike Polensek. clevelandcitycouncil.org/council/commit…
The Rules of @CleCityCouncil details procedures for council meeting, standing committees, special meetings & emergency meetings. But it does not address caucus meetings. The word “caucus” isn’t mentioned once in the 20-page document. clevelandcitycouncil.org/sites/default/… Image
What is a caucus? Here’s how Merriam-Webster defines a caucus:👇 Image
Ballotpedia defines a caucus as “a political party gathering in which party members choose candidates for an election.🗳
ballotpedia.org/Caucus Image
The first @CleCityCouncil “caucus” meeting under @Griff4CLE6’s leadership was held on January 31. It was broadcast live on @TV20Cleveland. According to notes & tweets from @cledocumenters, he said meetings would be held on the last Monday of the month. cleveland.documenters.org/assignments/ci…
January 31, 2022 Cleveland City Council Caucus meeting

These are a few screenshots from @cledocumenters Carolyn Cooper’s notes. cleveland.documenters.org/assignments/ci… ImageImageImage
This @cledocumenters live-tweet thread🧵 is by Keith Yurgionas (a.k.a. @DocumenterK). Council President @Griff4CLE6 said: "We are not voting in this setting, but we did decide to @TV20Cleveland is that we want to be transparent as a Council." cleveland.documenters.org/documents/live… 👇 Image
There was not a caucus meeting in February. But 2 caucus meetings were held in March & they were NOT live-streamed. #CLECityCouncil Image
Stay Tuned‼️ Image
I will finish this thread🧵 later when I have time. The bottom line is that these @CleCityCouncil caucus meetings appear to be “special meetings” which require disclosure of the meeting’s purpose. #SunshineLaws☀️ #OpenMeetingsAct Image
Here’s a link to the 2022 Ohio Sunshine Laws manual. It explains the Public Records Act & Open Meetings Act laws. The manual is published annually by the Ohio Attorney General.👇
ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Publicat… #OpenGovernment #SunshineLaws☀️ Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Rosie Palfy

Rosie Palfy Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @RosiePalfy

Aug 23
🚨New #RichardAllen court documents🚨 1st of 2 defense motions to shorten discovery response time: “The mental health services provided by Dr. Monica Wala were called into question during pre-trial proceedings in this cause on or about July 31, 2024; Defendant Allen has reason to believe that further employment related investigations associated with Dr. Wala's conduct were carried out after said pre-trial proceedings and therefore, Defendant Allen is pursuing information related thereto.” #Delphi #DelphiMurders #AllEyesOnDelphi 👇Image
👆The above motion asked the court to shorten the 3️⃣0️⃣ day response period to 1️⃣5️⃣ days. The 2nd of 2 #RichardAllen defense motions to shorten discovery response time is similar. Requests were served on the state of #Indiana on August 13 & the state “declined to waive” the 15-day notice period. The defense said the waiver is “not unduly burdensome.” #Delphi #DelphiMurders #AllEyesOnDelphi👇Image
#RichardAllen document update: I received numerous emails with the same court filings. There appear to be 4 more documents. I’m wading through them & will post the other pages soon. #Delphi #DelphiMurders #AllEyesOnDelphi
Read 10 tweets
Aug 20
#RichardAllen case update: “Correspondence” was added to the case docket. Anthony Greeno from True Crime Investigates wrote a 9-page “cease & desist” letter about “unlawful transcript fees.” It was addressed to “administrator” “Ms. Williams.” He cites #FOIA & the #Indiana Public Records Act (#ARPA). The “exhibit” is an email exchange between Julie Marvin from Beyond the Evidence & Special Judge Fran Gull’s court reporter Jodie Williams. I’m posting the letter. #Delphi #DelphiMurders #PublicRecords pages 1-3 👇Image
#RichardAllen case update: “Cease & desist” letter about “unlawful transcript fees.” #Delphi #DelphiMurders #PublicRecords pages 4-6👇

#RichardAllen case update: “Cease & desist” letter about “unlawful transcript fees.” #Delphi #DelphiMurders #PublicRecords pages 7-9👇

Read 5 tweets
Aug 16
Yesterday #RichardAllen’s defense attorneys filed a new brief: MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN SUPPORT OF ADMISSION OF EVIDENCE OF ALTERNATIVE THEORIES OF THE CRIME AND THIRD-PARTY PERPETRATORS

It summarizes the evidence & legal arguments presented during a recent court hearing. I’m explaining the topics & including screenshots of all 27 pages. This is going to be a long 🧵. #DelphiMurdersImage
MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN SUPPORT OF ADMISSION OF EVIDENCE OF ALTERNATIVE THEORIES OF THE CRIME AND THIRD-PARTY PERPETRATORS — #RichardAllen #DelphiMurders — Pages 1-4👇

MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN SUPPORT OF ADMISSION OF EVIDENCE OF ALTERNATIVE THEORIES OF THE CRIME AND THIRD-PARTY PERPETRATORS — #RichardAllen #DelphiMurders — Pages 5-8👇

Read 9 tweets
Aug 13
🚨BREAKING NEWS🚨 #RichardAllen
Special Judge Fran Gull just dropped a trove of court orders in the Richard Allen case. I just received 7 documents from the court. I will post them when I can. Below is the abbreviated version of her latest orders. #Delphi #DelphiMurders Image
Judge Gull denied Richard Allen’s 3rd request for a Franks Hearing. #RichardAllen #DelphiMurders Image
Judge Gull denied Richard Allen’s 4th request for a Franks Hearing. #RichardAllen #DelphiMurders Image
Read 13 tweets
Aug 13
#Cleveland Community #Police Commission Interim Executive Director Jason Goodrick filed a #lawsuit against Mayor Justin Bibb, the city & 6 commissioners claiming he has suffered #discrimination because he’s a white male. A 3rd commissioner has resigned in less than a week. Now the city is now looking for a total of 9 new members. #PoliceReform #ConsentDecreefox8.com/news/i-team-he…Image
There’s a lot to unpack here. Anyone following the Cleveland Community Police Commission knew this was coming & it could’ve been avoided. Arguably, Mayor Bibb’s refusal to hire interim executive director Jason Goodrick has caused most of @216cpc’s internal strife & chaos. Image
#Cleveland Community #Police Commission Interim Executive Director Jason Goodrick 16-page #lawsuit alleges the following:

“Within two years of the adverse employment action described herein, Goodrick filed Charges of Discrimination with the Ohio Civil Rights Commission against all Defendants.

On October 10, 2023, the #OCRC issued and mailed Right to Sue Letters for the Charges of Discrimination against all Defendants. Pursuant to Ohio law, the applicable statute of limitations for Goodrick to file his claims in this matter was tolled while his Charges of #Discrimination were pending with the OCRC.

Goodrick has filed his claims in this matter within the proscribed time allowed for following the receipt of the Right to Sue letters from the OCRC. Goodrick has properly exhausted his administrative remedies.”
Read 8 tweets
Apr 11
🚨#Delphi update: #RichardAllen’s lawyers filed several motions today. The 1st is a MOTION TO SUPPRESS STATEMENTS & includes an APPENDIX LIST OF EXHIBITS.

The lawyers want Judge Gull to suppress “any & all oral & written communications, confessions, statements or admissions alleged to have been made by him” during his pre-trial detention.

“It is alleged that Defendant Allen communicated incriminating statements to State actors &/or their agents, all of which the State of Indiana intends to present to a jury at the trial in this cause.” #DelphiMurders #JusticeForRichardAllenImage
According to #RichardAllen’s attorneys: The statements were “involuntary” & obtained in violation of the 5th, 6th & 14th Amendments of the U.S. Constitution & Article I, Sections 12, 13, & 14 of the #Indiana #Constitution.

“The statements sought to be suppressed were obtained as a result of psychological & mental coercion illegally directed against the Defendant & such statements were, therefore, involuntarily given.”

They’re asking Judge Gull to:
1️⃣ Conduct a pre-trial hearing to determine if the statements alleged to have been given were voluntary in nature; &
2️⃣ Suppress as evidence in this cause any & all communications, confessions, statements or admissions, written or oral, made by him subsequent to his arrest in this cause.
#Delphi #DelphiMurders #JusticeForRichardAllen
An APPENDIX LIST OF EXHIBITS was filed with the motion to suppress alleged statements made by #RichardAllen during his pre-trial detention:

1. Court Order (Safekeeping Order) of November 3, 2022;
2. Deposition of Warden John Galipeau;
a. Certification of Certain Questions in the Deposition Upon Oral Examination of John Galipeau;
b. Affidavit of Warden John Galipeau, Westville Correctional Facility;
3. Report of Treatment Review Committee (TRC) Hearing;
4. Audio Statement of Michael Roberts;
5. IN DOC – Adult Mental Health Order of 11/3/22 (Form 56549);
6. Westville Video M2U00987;
7. Audio Statement of Timothy Weist;
8. Affidavit of Sergeant Joshua Robinson, Westville Correctional Officer;
9. Affidavit of Sergeant Randy Jones, Westville Correctional Officer;
10. Westville Video M2U01136;
11. Independent Neuropsychological Evaluation – Dr. Polly Westcott;
12. WCU Suicide Monitoring 11/8/22;
13. Autopsy Report Abigail Williams;
14. Autopsy Report Liberty German;
15. Statement of inmate Lacy Patton, Jr.; and
16. Statement of inmate Jason Elliott.

#Delphi #DelphiMurders #JusticeForRichardAllen
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(