One of my favorite headcanons is that Murder, She Wrote is actually a very popular holo-novel in the world of #StarTrek and it was particularly beloved of the Voyager crew (after all, it was the only entertainment they had).

My evidence? Let's go! 🧵

#MurderSheHoloWrote
Paris had daddy issues so you know he picked the holo-novel where the father is wrong and he is right. #MurderSheHoloWrote
Chakotay in there playing a priest as a way to sublimate his frustrated desires. #MurderSheHoloWrote
Seven wanted to understand romance and desire, but because she misunderstands them so badly she ends up being a woman paid to sleep with a man so that some other dude can blackmail him. #MurderSheHoloWrote
And Janeway? Oh Janeway. She loved that holo-series so much she went in there three damn times and was the killer TWICE. #MurderSheHoloWrote

(btw @TheKateMulgrew, you as the soap opera star? *chef's kiss* One of my absolute favorites.)
@TheKateMulgrew Even Q went in there once. #MurderSheHoloWrote
@TheKateMulgrew And I don't think this was just popular on Voyager. Because the Enterprise-D crew seemed to enjoy it. #MurderSheHoloWrote
@TheKateMulgrew And Quark clearly had it loaded up in the holosuites. #MurderSheHoloWrote
@TheKateMulgrew What I want to know is, when was the MSW holo-novel series created? Like, was it among the first? Does the Discovery crew know about it? (and no, I do not want to talk about that time George Takei was on it cuz... reasons.) Does Disco do #MurderSheHoloWrote?
@TheKateMulgrew Which #StarTrek characters do you think went into the #MurderSheHoloWrote and were they a victim, killer, suspect, relative of Jessica, or random side character?
@TheKateMulgrew PS - big thanks to Gregory Hudson for this thread, the source of some of these images (and also reminding me about LeVar Burton, who I'd forgot!)

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Tempest is 𝕏ing herself off of this site

Tempest is 𝕏ing herself off of this site Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @tinytempest

Jan 28, 2023
yesssss yesyesyes look at the whole thread (it's short). I wrestled with this when writing Ruby Finley and I wanna talk about it. This thread will have *minor* spoilers.

It will also make reference to Jem and the Holograms because why not? ONWARD!
In the book, Ruby & her bestie Hollie discover something terrible happing in their neighbor's house and need to figure out what to do. Hollie suggests calling 911 and asking for a wellness check.

In the first draft Ruby is wary of this idea since it will bring cops to the block.
I think she said something like: We don't want anyone getting shot. Reflecting real fears young Black kids would have about the presence of police in their neighborhoods. Hollie convinces her that it will work out, and eventually the police do come.
Read 15 tweets
Nov 13, 2022
This indicates that users are about to start to see a LOT MORE gross stuff on here.

For those who are staying on twitter, here are some tips that could help eliminate the waves of disgusting crap unleashed into the general twitterverse.

🧵
DO. NOT. Look at the algorithmic feed. Just don't. That's how you end up seeing most stuff you don't care to see. Switch to Latest Tweets, which only shows people you follow and their RTs.

Use a third-party app to access Twitter on your mobile device or computer browser.

Don't look at the dot com. This way you will not see sponsored posts or ads, either.
Read 14 tweets
Nov 13, 2022
"this tweet deleted by the author"

I love it cuz it's like screenshots don't exist. screenshot of the tweet quoted by the person I QTed from Elo
Also, those of us who do business on Twitter know for sure this isn't true cuz we see it in our metrics. Add to the fact that the twitter algo actively suppresses tweets with outbound links, even if they come from people you follow.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Read 5 tweets
Nov 13, 2022
I hang out on several subreddits about unions and worker's rights and such and in the past couple of years have gotten a deeper education in just how horrendous business-owning oligarchs are.

Still & all, the past couple of weeks have been 😳x 1 million

axios.com/2022/11/13/elo… image of Elongated Muskrat (aka Apartheid Clyde) looking dis
One of the dark jokes we keep making in these subs is how Elon is accidentally being a working class hero by doing so many terrible things all at once and making the case for stronger worker protections and unionization.

Plus, that whole Eli Lily thing was glorious.
The pharma lost value, there will probably be a lawsuit and Elon would be on the hook cuz it was his dictatorial decision that caused the problem, and even as everyone recognized how bad the situation was overall, they still dumped on Eli Lily for their insulin prices! win.
Read 10 tweets
Oct 28, 2022
I still believe that we all have the collective power to do this. However, even if your aim is just to not make Elon any more money, there are things you can do to make your Twitter experience better and cut down on the money the company makes. 🧵
To start, get off the dot com. Don't use that as your primary way to engage or look at Twitter. It's a crap site to start, and there are all those sponsored tweets and ads, and also it'll keep switching you to the algorithm view instead of chronological order.
I use TweetDeck. Yes, it's owned by Twitter. Right now it's still better than the dot com. Use it while you can!

No sponsored tweets, it's easy to view only your lists and not the entire feed, the Notifications column is SO much better because you can decide what you see in it.
Read 9 tweets
Oct 28, 2022
Things are about to get real chaotic here on twitter dot com. Many are leaving or deeply considering it. Do what you gotta!

Before you leave, please be sure you find out where else you can follow the authors/creatives you love and support.

Now more than ever they need you. Distracted boyfriend meme where the boyfriend looking is &qu
I know signing up for newsletters seems like signing up for more blah email. It's still the best way to ensure you know what's up with your fave creators. You might even get cool stuff like discounts or exclusive content. Even if not, you have a way to connect that isn't trash.
In the end, do you really want a corporation to be the mediator between you and the writing, art, music, dance, and other stuff you love?

Social media is very convenient, but over time has become more of a detriment.
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(