Heisjayy 𝕏 Profile picture
Oct 20, 2022 7 tweets 5 min read Read on X
Two years later and Nothing has changed. Reminds me of the writings in the book "Boundless 2021". #EndSARSMemorial2

A THREAD
Our streets are tarred with Candle wax and littered with a number of half burnt candles, left at the mercy of the night wind

Howling and Rambling like the voice of protesters, like the lament of a mother as she's been taken away from the log of her child's body...
Like the silent screams of innocent bodies emptied into the river behind Awkuzu SARS.

These candles burnt for the dreams stopped halfway and configured into nightmares, for beds lying empty in cold rooms, for clothes suffered in sacs begging for the warmth of their own body.
These candles burn for the sun that sets at noon, for innocent eyes closed up by the sharp blaze of police bullets, for blood drying up by the roadside, for the unheard sobs of a father digging to bury his daughter.

Photo credit: @Hitchoflife
These candles burn for the tears of a mother whose wrapper is damped by an ocean of consolation over her wasted son, they burn for a land where to run into the police station is to become a dog that escapes the hyena and limps into the den of jackals.
Our streets are tarred with our brothers' blood and littered with the bullets of cops.

-Taofeek Ayeyemi (Aswagaawy) published by @FlowerSongPress.
20/10/20 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
A Day we will never forget 🕊️💔
#EndSARS #EndSARSMemorial

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Heisjayy 𝕏

Heisjayy 𝕏 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Jayysen_

Jan 13, 2023
Cartoons reimagined as Human beings dressed on Clothes
1. TOM, JERRY AND SPIKE
2. SCOOBY-DOO AND SHAGGY
Read 22 tweets
Jan 11, 2023
Past and Present looks of some Nickelodeon Actors/Stars Image
1. ARIANA GRANDE
Before she became the Grammy award winner in 2019, Grande had roles on Victorious and Sam & Cat. She voices Princess Diaspro on the animated series Winx Club. ImageImage
2. RIELE DOWNS
Riele Downs is a Canadian actress. She went on to co-star as Charlotte on the Nickelodeon television series Henry Danger from 2014 to 2020. ImageImage
Read 18 tweets
Jan 10, 2023
Painful Make-up prosthetics Actors where forced to wear
1. JENNIFER LAWRENCE in X-Men
The body painting and scale application would take between six and eight hours, making mobility so difficult. At one point, the actress had to straddle a unicycle to finish the look. he process soon took only three hours to apply for future films twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
2. ANYA CHALOTRA in The Witcher
Anya had to wear prosthetics to create her crooked posture, which placed a strain on her back. Fortunately, she was able to channel the pain into her acting. twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Read 18 tweets
Jan 9, 2023
Actors who played Characters way younger than themselves
1. EMILIA CLARKE in Game Of Thrones
Character Age: 15

Real Age: 25

In the Song of Ice and Fire novels, Daenerys Targaryen is meant to be around fifteen years old. When the HBO smash hit premiered in 2011, Clarke was 25, ten years older than her book character.
2. JOE KEERY in Stranger Things
Character Age: 16

Real Age: 26

The retouch on his hair and his preppy style lend to his ability to portray a high schooler.
Read 17 tweets
Dec 23, 2022
Real places on Earth that seems Scientifically impossible

A THREAD Image
1. TURKMENISTAN GATES OF HELL
The Gates of Hell crater was created in 1971 when a Soviet drilling rig accidentally punched into a massive underground natural gas cavern, causing the ground to collapse and the entire drilling rig to fall in. Poisonous fumes began leaking. twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Image
2. SUPERSTITION MOUNTAIN
Legend tells of the Lost Dutchman's gold mine hidden somewhere within the 160,000 acres of brutal Arizona desert known as the “Superstition Mountains.” The promise of a $200 million mother lode has lured thousands of treasure hunters into the facility twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Image
Read 17 tweets
Dec 22, 2022
Times the impossible became possible

A THREAD
1. DANGEROUS CATWALK twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
2. HIGHEST WAVE JUMP twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Read 17 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(