Andrew Perpetua Profile picture
Oct 29, 2022 15 tweets 6 min read Read on X
An update for October 28th. #ukrdailyupdate

If you would like to view the map: map.ukrdailtupdate.com

Many attacks are in progress, so the news is incomplete.
In the Kupyansk area, there were rumors today of a Ukrainian breakthrough. However, I do not see evidence to support this claim. Ukraine is attacking east toward Mykolaivka (1) and Kyslivka (2), but they have not broken the Russian defenses.
There is heavy fighting going on around Kuzemivka (3). It is unknown whether Ukraine’s attack is successful, but there are likely high casualties to both attackers and defenders.

Ukraine repelled a Russian attack near Andriivka (4).
Wargonzo claims Ukraine is attacking Chervnopopivka and Pishchane (5). This area contains a hill that Russia dug into several days ago (A). Ukrainian control over this hill would allow them to control most of the P66 highway.
Near Siversk, Russia attacked Bilohorivka again without success.
North of Bakhmut, Russia attempted to break through the Ukrainian defenses near the other Bilohorivka (6). They failed to do so. Separate from this attack, Russia attacked all of the same standard areas north of Bakhmut.
Russia attacked all of the familiar areas south of Bakhmut.
Ukraine fired HIMARS into Pervomaisk, reportedly hitting a building full of Wagner.
In the Donetsk area, Russia attacked all of the familiar places.
Today, Russia had limited success attacking Opytne (7) and Vodyane (8), establishing control over the outskirts and some areas within the towns.
Russia launched a minor attack on Vremivka, near Velyka Novosilka (9).
In the south, Ukraine is attacking Kostyantynivka (10) and Pyatykhatky (11). These are minor attacks.
Ukraine reportedly hit Bilmak, presumably with a missile, given the distance from the front line, although it could be MLRS. Rumors suggest significant damage to Russian forces.
Ukraine reportedly hit the area near Antonovskiy Bridge, perhaps barges, and the Nova Kakhovka dam with HIMARS. Russians claim they shot down the missiles with air defense, but that seems unlikely.
Ukraine reportedly destroyed an ammo warehouse in Maksyma Horkoho.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Andrew Perpetua

Andrew Perpetua Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @AndrewPerpetua

May 5
Russians post a video showing one of their assaults, talking it up saying how well it went.

Americans: LMAO. we're adding this to the training material for how easy it is to fuck up an assault
to sum up the assault:
a bunch of golf carts cross a field with a tank covering them from behind. russians fire smoke, which immediately cuts across the field blinding the tank. russians dismount golf carts, shells start landing. hard to tell who is shooting
a gun to the flank starts shooting at the russians. looks big, maybe 20mm or larger. this plus shelling makes russians run into the trench they are attacking. the tank immediately starts shooting the trench exactly where they entered.
Read 9 tweets
Apr 27
Every time I read someone say something like “Ukraine doesn’t have the resources to counter attack” I genuinely wonder if the person writing the thing is a delusional hack. Of course they don’t, and they never will, and that doesn’t change their ability to win the war.
Ukraine doesn’t need to push Russia back to reclaim its territory. I don’t know which delusional fantasy universe people are living in that makes them think Ukraine needs to do so, but that place isn’t the reality we live in.
Ukraine pivoting to defense isn’t them giving up on retaking land, it is acceptance of reality. And Ukraine’s refusal to accept this reality cost the lives of a lot of men and the morale of the country. That offensive mindset lead to a disaster.
Read 6 tweets
Apr 14
Officer wrote about this today, but it is blatantly obvious just by looking at what vehicles get destroyed and where and how: Russian casualties do not usually come from an assault. They come from trying to build up forces for an assault.
In other words, Ukraine destroys Russians as they drive to the front. Once at the front, the infantry disperse into various underground shelters to hide until such a time a large enough force is gathered to begin assault operations.
The assault operations don’t have nearly the casualties as you may expect. And this is what you hear from Ukrainian assaults as well, where you see Ukrainians say they captured a trench without casualties, but took heavy casualties in the subsequent artillery barrages.
Read 6 tweets
Apr 12
AI cannot get data for my project. It cant. AI cannot understand what the data means. AI cannot read between the lines. AI cannot do anything. It is useless. I wish people would stop suggesting it. It isn’t an option.
No lazy shortcuts. Work is done by hand. At most, the AI can check if a video is a duplicate, or a script can compile a list of sources that must then be analyzed by hand. But the AI is not, cannot, and will never be a substitute for doing work. Period.
Even if you could get AI to analyze the video, break it down, and label everything with 100% accuracy, how would you then even analyze the dataset? You would have no knowledge or expertise. You wouldn’t know what questions to ask, or what caveats exist, or why decisions are made
Read 5 tweets
Apr 11
The people who want to limit collateral damage, casualties (civilian and military), environmental damage, and destruction of infrastructure should also support using the most powerful weapons in the greatest number. Because ending the war as quickly as possible achieves all goals
The people who say they are against using weapons to destroy Russian infrastructure are, in a round about way, arguing in favor of getting more civilians killed.
There is this mind rot that occurred when uncritical people somehow weaseled their way in charge over the past few years. They wanted to limit collateral damage and civilian casualties, which is admirable and is necessary, but they wanted to do so at the expense of logic.
Read 10 tweets
Apr 7
Here are the losses I could identify today.

There is another video of like 10 more russian losses but I am not confident they aren't duplicates and I need to precisely geolocate them before I say anything more about them. losses.ukrdailyupdate.com
Dear Russians, please stop. Just go home. You're getting massacred. Every single day. Just go home. Sitting here watching a platoon of infantry get hit by like 9 dpicm in a row and I think like 1 guy survived. Imagine if those 30 guys stayed home instead.
This russian guy is sitting here holding his severed leg. Imagine if he stayed home.
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(