Darya Zorka Profile picture
Nov 2, 2022 6 tweets 5 min read Read on X
Sharing more 📷 of liberated villages in #Ukraine by Alina Tyulyu. This is Rosa. She said that #russians lived in almost every house in her village. One of 🇷🇺 soldiers told her "don't you understand that I came here to save you?” She yelled at him:“from who?!” 1/6 #UkraineWarNews Image
Look how beautiful this old house looked, look at the window decorations, colors. #russians destroyed it and turned its yard into a dump. The entire village where Rosa lives is destroyed. The neighboring village too. #UkraineRussianWar Image
#russians painted their ugly symbols everywhere, on every door, on every house. ImageImage
They also left their propagandistic newspapers and USSR flags. Image
This is someone’s house, someone's photos, someone's memories #russians destroyed everything. All these photos were taken by alinatyulyu (IG handle), please follow her there to see #Ukraine through her eyes. Image
I love Ukrainian villages and old houses full of character and #Ukrainianculture. Houses that were passed through generations, houses that were cared for with so much love. Just look at it! It breaks my heart to see what #russians do to them. 📷 by olena_prysiazhniuk_ (IG handle)

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Darya Zorka

Darya Zorka Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @daryazorka

Dec 11, 2023
Over the weekend, my friend Sergei reached out for help. The situation is very tough where he is. The weather is cold, the enemy is equipped way better than they are. They lack equipment, and their two cars broke down. I hope we can help! 🙏
PayPal: doc.sergeiandreevich@gmail.com
Sergei is a medic from Mariupol. When the Russians started the siege of the city, he stayed there for almost a month, trying to save as many people as he could. You can see the scenes with him in the “20 days in Mariupol” film. Read the article about him: apnews.com/article/russia…
As soon as Sergei managed to evacuate from Mariupol, he immediately went to the front. He witnessed what Russians did to innocent people with his own eyes, and he couldn’t stay aside and let them do it to people in other towns. Sergei’s biggest wish is to liberate Mariupol.
Read 4 tweets
Jun 19, 2023
A follower of mine read an article about Ukrainian POWs who were castrated by Russians. She works in reproductive health in the U.S., and she shared that there is a testosterone treatment available that Ukrainian doctors seem not to be aware of. How can we spread this info?
Depending on the severity of the injury, this treatment can give hope to many affected people. Unfortunately, the psychologists and doctors who work with these patients seem not to know about this possibility. I know that many Ukrainians read me, could you please spread the word?
Just to be clear: these tweets are not intended to portray Ukraine or its doctors in bad light, since I’ve already started to receive such messages. The sole purpose is to spread awareness of the availability of such treatment.
Read 4 tweets
May 12, 2023
I spent a week in Boston and surroundings. We used to live there and my husband and I were happy to see the places we love. We saw lots of 🇺🇦 flags, and it made us very happy. At the same time we noticed so much Russian presence in cultural places that it made us very sad. 1/9
The more I learn about Russian colonialism, the more I’m working on personal decolonization - the more I see how much space Russia has taken everywhere. We went to one mansion that used to be a summer house for a wealthy American family. It’s a beautiful museum now.
The daughter of the house owners married a Russian guy who fled to America during the revolution. She was obsessed with Russian culture and gave Russian names to her two daughters.
Read 9 tweets
Apr 15, 2023
Love this video by @MariiaLoniuk! One day I’m going to try this Ukrainian technique and make my own pysanky (🇺🇦 Easter eggs). I’ve just read about one Ukrainian tradition on Easter. Continued below ↓
On Easter girls in Ukraine would wash their faces in a bowl of water with pysanky that were consecrated in the church prior to that. It was believed that by doing so they stay beautiful and healthy. In many households the whole family washed their faces in this water as well.
And I instantly remembered how my Belarusian mom always forced us to wash our faces in a bowl with an Easter egg on the morning of Easter and didn’t allow us to wash it in the bathroom as usual.
Read 4 tweets
Apr 4, 2023
I want to share one story that was written and recorded by Julia Kochetova - Ukrainian photographer who tells the stories from war on her Instagram page (handle: seameer). Her bio says: “War is personal. Based on a true story” and she tells it as no one else. Keep reading ↓ 1/10
«Tamara says she's glad for every prisoner exchange. So far, 1993 people were returned from captivity, among them - only 171 soldiers of the "Azov" battalion. “Many well-known Azov captives were released, but the majority is some abstract 700 people. They are not visible.”»
«The city and cafes around us are buzzing as if nothing had happened. Tamara shares what she wants after Sasha's return - rehabilitation, then a trip to the mountains, and then - silence.»
Read 10 tweets
Mar 8, 2023
Last year when the news about russian violence against Ukrainian women and little girls became known, I thought that prominent feminists around the world would be outraged and would shout about it from the rooftops. It didn’t happen. 1/6
What happened is they either remained silent and completely ignored it or said things like: “Ukraine should negotiate with russia to end this violence!” Shifting the blame to Ukrainians for russian atrocities, like people shift blame to the victim instead of her abuser.
This reaction left me speechless. It was one of the first disappointments of the world's human rights activists of many that followed later that year.
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(