Rebekah Jones Profile picture
Dec 17, 2022 5 tweets 4 min read Read on X
I also got #kmartTedBundy and #RapeyMcForehead trending, even though I wasn't even on here. lol @mattgaetz
I also attended my first fancy dinner party in which many utensils were provided...
My team somehow convinced me to sing the national anthem at one of my campaign events... which I was off pitch for and will never do again lol
Oh! And I have bears!! In case you weren't aware, #Navarre #Florida has #bears!! twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
This guy didn't even try to hide his identity when he left this voicemail threatening to kill my family. I reported to the @FBI. @mattgaetz refused to denounce the threat.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Rebekah Jones

Rebekah Jones Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @GeoRebekah

Jul 13, 2023
A thread 🧵

Something truly awful happened on this app a few days ago, and it’s the reason behind that very serious video I posted.

I've been open about my mother being raped at 13, forced to have a child at 14. How we grew up poor in the Deep South, away from all our family.
I had my mom’s and my sister's permission to talk about that experience, growing up with teen parents, how hard life was for both.

In an attempt to discredit me, some of my online stalkers found my older sister's birth certificate and published it online.
Perhaps they planned on finding my mother’s rapist to discount her experience of being raped and forced into motherhood at 13. As if a 13 year could possibly consent.

What they found was much worse, and something I had never publicly discussed, and that they decided to post it.
Read 8 tweets
Jul 3, 2023
One day after my escape from Florida, the oppressive laws passed earlier this year went into effect, and Florida slipped even further into darkness.

Read the full post here or follow this thread.... 🧵

rebekahjones.substack.com/p/florida-enac…
From banning Tik Tok (HB 369) to discussions about menstrual cycles (HB 1069), DeSantis’ 2023 agenda severely restricted free speech rights in education.

Schools must now remove any books reported through its book ban policy once they receive a complaint.
Since enacting its book-banning legislation last year, more than 350 books have been banned statewide and libraries have had to restrict access and remove all books pending individual review.
Read 21 tweets
Jun 28, 2023
Confirmed DeSantis agents using the digital terrorist @MaxNordau account:

Andrew McGimpsey, Kokomo, IN; failed school board candidate
Jeremy Redfern,@HealthyFla spox ->@GovRonDeSantis spox
Bryan Griffin & Christina Pushaw, frmr @GovRonDeSantis spox ->campaign spox

This is HUGE
The "Max" disinfo account was repurposed from a Spanish-speaking, sparsely used account in Jan. 2021 to a dedicated harassment, stalking and defamation solely for attacking me - to the tune of more than 250,000 tweets in less than two years.
The direct involvement of the Governor's office now demonstrates clear, coordinated retaliation against a legally-protected whistleblower for the purpose of intimidation and revenge.

The gravity of this for our whistleblower lawsuit against Florida cannot be overstated.
Read 5 tweets
Jun 24, 2023
A thread on how terrifying it is to be a woman in America.

1. It's legal in Mississippi to drug and rape your wife: a person can be convicted of sexual battery of a spouse when they are living together & **only if** he engages in "forcible penetration against the victim's will".
Prior to the 1970s, marital rape was legal in every US state. However, there are still states where marital rape and non-marital rape are treated quite differently under the law.
There is NO federal minimum age of consent for marriage in the USA.

Only 10 states have banned child marriage: CA, CT, DE, MA, MI, MN, NJ, NY, PA, RI.

Most child marriages are between girls and adult men, and minors do not have a right to divorce in most states.
Read 21 tweets
Jun 8, 2023
It took six years -- SIX YEARS -- to escape my abusive ex from college. But as of yesterday, all his efforts to force himself into my life are over.

A thread...

Six years ago, a classmate of mine at FSU tracked me down at work and sexually assaulted me in my office.
I had a prior relationship with this man, but every time I tried to end it, he followed me, harassed me, abused me. He would feign illness, lie about being hospitalized, and threaten to hurt himself if I left or didn't do what he wanted. I reported him to the police and FSU.
They took minimal action against him. When I blocked his number, he showed up to my work. When I started hiding from him, he convinced his younger roommate to enroll in a class I was a teaching assistant for to keep tabs on me.
Read 13 tweets
Jun 6, 2023
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis: Wanted felon who conspired to kidnap and traffic families from Texas using taxpayer money.

washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/06…
ALSO:

State records show the Governor's office started a contract yesterday with the same company used to kidnap and traffic migrants from Texas with end date of 2025: facts.fldfs.com/Search/Contrac…
If you're wondering how much money the state has allocated to kidnapping and trafficking, it's in the contract:

$10 million
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(