Somehow, it’s doubtful the orders to exclude me from Conservative rallies come straight from the top— frankly, I am not that important.

It probably has to do with my comics, and not the one(s) you might assume.

I believe Ivana Yelich and Brian Lilley may be the starting point. Image
I was not the only one turned away from Doug Ford’s campaign kickoff in May 2022.

Press secretary Ivana Yelich directed Zach to remove David Menzies and the Hat; she was the decision-maker.

Menzies flags the apparent conflict of interest between her and reporter Brian Lilley.
I started producing comics about Ivana Yelich and Brian Lilley in April 2021.

In my view, this relationship is a matter of public interest to the extent the conflict was not disclosed and Lilley heavily relies on unnamed sources to break & soften news about provincial politics. Image
There is no question that my comics get under Brian Lilley’s skin.

I learned as much when he exploded at me in a fit of constipated rage at the National Club.
Editorial comics are protected political expression.

I sometimes get flak for bringing up personal lives, but it’s my earnest belief that a cozy relationship between Doug Ford’s now-deputy chief and the Toronto Sun is undemocratic.

Besides, the they norms are a-changin’. ImageImageImage
Anyway, pretty sure my #Brivana #Yelley collection is what got me “flagged.”

It always seems to come back to Brian Lilley.

📸 Mar 3, 2023
I also have a small Pierre Poilievre comic collection.

It might be grating, too. ImageImageImageImage

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Caryma Sa'd - Lawyer + Political Satirist

Caryma Sa'd - Lawyer + Political Satirist Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @CarymaRules

Jun 20
🧵

@UofT Motion for Injunction to remove the People’s Circle for Palestine encampment — DAY 2

Follow along for live-tweeting.

📸 May 6, 2024

#cdnpoli #Toronto #Palestine #Israel #Gaza #ProtestMania
Catch up on the Applicant’s submissions from June 19, 2024:
Niiti Simmonds from Cavalluzzo LLP is representing six of the named respondents.

She alleges that people some wearing keffiyehs were harassed on their way to the courtroom, which resulted in delays.

Justice Koehnen clarifies to ensure that court staff were not the aggressors.
Read 67 tweets
Jun 13
🧵

Lesage v The Attorney General of Canada

This case is about meaningful access to information about court operations in Ontario.

“If you want to improve something, you need to have some baseline against which to measure that improvement.” - @michaelsfirm

#cdnpoli #onpoli #lawtwitterImage
At issue is whether the open court principle applies to “bulk requests” for public court records.

For his part, Lesage wants to analyze and publish statistics on how many civil cases are before the courts, the number of judge-only vs jury trials, and disposition rates of cases. Image
Appeal documents can be accessed here:

michaelsfirm.ca/lesage-v-ag/
Read 31 tweets
Mar 1
🧵

Yesterday, my gang stalkers published what they believe to be my home address by retrieving a Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB) decision from @CanLII.

This is the literal definition of doxxing— thankfully, the information is not up to date.

#cdnpoli #ProtestMania
The same accounts who label me “Nazi”, “fascist”, “antisemitic”, “Zionist”, “anti-Black”, “anti-Asian”, “anti-Indigenous”, “transphobic”, “bigot”, “plant for white supremacy”, etc. now claim that I was evicted and rendered homeless.

None of the above is true.
My stalkers have not considered:

- the possibility of administrative errors in notifying parties of LTB hearing dates

- whether a review was filed

- “pay and stay” provisions that void eviction orders

- outstanding tenant applications that may offset arrears

- the impact of short-term rentals, lease assignment &/or sublets

- the importance of cross-examination
Read 8 tweets
Jan 15
Perennial protester Deana Sherif has taken her performative brand of activism from the streets to strangers’ doorsteps.

I received confirmation of a hate incident report submitted by a third party to B’Nai Brith, as well as a police report number.

#cdnpoli #Ottawa #ProtestMania Image
Nobody should be met at the door with hostile provocations from a woman who is known to seek conflict and violence.

One wonders whether this is a pretence for mezuzah mapping.

📸 Jan 14, 2024 (Deana Sherif)

#cdnpoli #Ottawa #ProtestMania
Deana Sherif is known to participate in a Discord where “antifascist activists” gather intel and gang stalk private citizens, myself included.

This is coordinated harassment in real time, including doxxing, false police reports, attempts to get people fired, and suicide baiting. Image
Read 5 tweets
Dec 31, 2023
🧵

MPP Joel Harden and Deana Sherif are both perennial protesters.

They have each participated in several anti-convoy, drag storytime, anti-anti-SOGI, and pro-Palestine demonstrations— sometimes, they stand side-by-side.

#cdnpoli #ProtestMania
Based on footage from June 9, 2023, MPP Joel Harden and Deana Sherif appear to know each other to some degree.

Joel threw himself between Deana and anti-SOGI counter protesters.

It is unclear whether he was trying to shield her, rein her in, or something else.

📸 Edgy D
Deana Sherif complained to Joel Harden that police did not shut down counter protesters, even though there was “enough violence.”

They commiserated over being assaulted, even though:

1) Deana gleefully instigated
2) Joel’s story was inconsistent

📸 Jun 9, 2023 (Deana Sherif)
Read 8 tweets
Dec 5, 2023
“Canada’s Rally for the Jewish People” on Parliament Hill was set up by Canada’s Jewish Federations and the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA).

One of Ottawa’s most prolific protesters attended to counter demonstrate.

🧵 on my takeaways:

📸 Dec 4, 2023 (Deana Sherif)
CIJA conflates Israel with Jewish identity in its very name, which blurs the line between politics and ethnicity/creed.

Dehumanizing language takes on loaded meaning in this context:

“They’re insane. They’re animals.”

This is an example of what online “discourse” looks like applied in the real world:

Counter protester sarcastically calls for the carpet bombing of Disney World— when asked whether she is mentally sound, she flips the question back at rally goers.

Read 19 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(