Watching the Wilmot council March 6/2023 meeting live at 7pm tonight discussing the Hallman Quarry Pit and the city of Wilmot pulling out of the OMB.
First speaker was solicitor Rodney Northey who spoke on behalf of lawyers for Citizens for Safe Ground Water Inc. He spoke of the 55 houses that will be impacted by the existing plans for the quarry pit and outlined the environmental damages and health concerns of this project.
Northey stated the 2020 Provincial Policy Statement places focus on avoidance of risks but the decisions made were based on 41905 of the Environmental Protection Act which has absolutely no regard for fine particulate matter issues.
Section 41905 doesn't address fine particulate matter unless it is radioactive. The PPS avoidance of adverse impacts is applicable because the EPA policy does not address this risk at all but it is well proven that fine particulates can lead to health issues and mortality.
Solicitor Northey also notes there is a provision for costs in #Bill23 but it is not enacted in force.
Samantha Lernout of Save our Water Inc. states the request to rezone was denied. It was not a divisive issue. The support across the township was consistent.
Samantha Lernout said, "You broke your promise to be transparent and responsible to the people." She later stated, "We as citizens reject your settlement offer."
Wilmot Township's Mayor said, "I did stand up before the community and promise to have honest and frank connversations."
The mayor spoke how the plans as given complied with the Provincial Policy statement, the Aggregate Resources Act and Township Official Plan. She also mentioned only 3% chance of success rate at Ontario Land tribunals.
She stated groups can still participate at the Ontario Land Tribunal. She also advised people bring their concerns to Premier Doug Ford or MPP Graydon Smith. (Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry.)
This evening this news story was releasedd by CTV Kitchener showing strong public opposition to the Hallman Gravel Pit. kitchener.ctvnews.ca/wilmot-council…
Environment Canada identified Kitchener as the forth most polluted city in Canada. kitchener.citynews.ca/local-news/stu…

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Louisette Lanteigne 🌎✌️⚖️♥️

Louisette Lanteigne 🌎✌️⚖️♥️ Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @lulex

Aug 9
@Culture_Crit I saw this. The jug may be a symbol for the fact the lines were of darker skinned people even though the child was white passing. I can relate. I am the same.
My mom has the little jug. (Bottom shelf. ) I am blond and white passing of Indigenous Acadian lines of the House of Savoie. Patron saint was Saint Maurice. Let me speak to you of the Codices of San Andre.

The Codices of San Andrés Tetepilco are original documents that narrate Tenochtitlan’s history: its 14th century founding; records of pre-Hispanic tlatoque lords; Spanish conquest in 1519 and its rule until 1611. It was recently purchased for $500,000 by the Mexican Government. Image
Read 15 tweets
Aug 9
@1mohawklawyer The land grant of War of 1812 took over lands of Mississaugas of the Credit and the Abenaki who were Wabinaki Confed. Not all Abenaki are Wabinaki. We never had your British Blood Quantum myths. Our chiefs were diverse. I am of the first Acadian Mi’kmaw Métis we remember.
@1mohawklawyer I have a nation. It was the first in North America and went coast to coast according to Calvinist Dumont but being Indigenous we were people who tried to simply live responsibly and sustainably where we were at. We are of the earth. We didn’t possess it as prize of war.

@1mohawklawyer I know more Mohawk history than most Mohawks do because they were and are my friends, family, we co-existed in peace and war times yet your words today reveal you as a man of divisions. You reveal yourself not I. I see you as is though.
Read 18 tweets
Aug 2
@jebrittan2 @breeda_murphy We had the Hospital Misericordia in Montreal where children raped in residential schools and kids raped by priests gave birth. theclayandglass.ca/wp-content/upl…
@jebrittan2 @breeda_murphy Ewan Cameron worked with that hospital and he was linked to doing human testing using psychedelic meds without consent. Some of this work took place in the context of the Project MKUltraprogram for the developing of mind control and torture techniques. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Ew…
@jebrittan2 @breeda_murphy Canada ran eugenics programs in Universities at the time. Heinz Lehmann was part of it at McGill. Both Ewan Cameron and Heinz Lehmann are here in front of Montreal’s Hospital Misericordia. There were wards off limits here. They worked collaboratively. Image
Read 16 tweets
Jul 31
Ontario Premier Ford is threatening to go after judges who sententance people who re-offended. @OCCRP @UNHumanRights @UN_SPExperts @UN_SProcedures @DemocracyWatchr @INTERPOL_HQ @E4Dca @JustinTrudeau @theJagmeetSingh @ElizabethMay @PierrePoilievre @SCC_eng @attorneygeneral
As a delegate of Enbridge Line 9 NEB Hearings, I saw PM Harper give major prison construction contracts to Richard Bird, a VP of Enbridge who owns Bird Construction that is linked to bid rigging, corruption and collusion noted in this report. researchgate.net/publication/31…
Richard Bird was linked to Enbridge Income Fund and Bird Construction as well as Ecopatrol in Colombia who was in the middle of a major fiscal and sex scandal where they spent 16 million on sex workers for directors. Here is my blog site with the sources. piperisks.wordpress.com/concerns-from-…
Read 18 tweets
Jul 18
From 2020 a view of what happened in the US:
The cycle of buying and selling retirement homes and care homes has led to shortcuts, closures, even fraud – and imperiled vulnerable residents’ health theguardian.com/us-news/2020/j…
Top-secret records show New Brunswick, Alberta companies received millions in suspicious transfers and used addresses of buildings used as seniors homes in Canada.
cbc.ca/news/canada/ne…
Nearly 300 Ontario patients moved to LTC homes they didn't choose, province says. (Including my father)
cbc.ca/news/canada/to…
Read 21 tweets
Jul 16
Agreement Between the Government of Canada and the Government of Jersey, Under the Entrustment from the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, for the Exchange of Information Relating to Tax Matters
canada.ca/en/department-…
In 2020 Premier Blaine Higgs of NB asked officials from Department of Finance and Treasury Board to review New Brunswick's corporate rules and look at why they haven't been updated. Robert Maxwell banked in St. John NB and defaulted a 100 million loan. cbc.ca/news/canada/ne…
Top-secret records show New Brunswick, Alberta companies received millions in suspicious transfers. "They try to hide under the umbrella of Canada's good reputation," said Borys Babin, an Odessa-based lawyer. cbc.ca/news/canada/ne…
Read 20 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(