Jason Lowery Profile picture
Mar 26, 2023 6 tweets 4 min read Read on X
Presenting a twitter thread on #SOFTWAR by ChatGPT4

1/6) #SOFTWAR discusses the national strategic security implications of proof-of-work technologies like Bitcoin, but first, it provides some background information on the profession of warfighting and the neologism "softwar."… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
2/6) In the early 1800s, General Clausewitz examined the nature of war and defined it as a trinity with three distinct characteristics. First, he said that war is comprised of the same "blind natural forces" of "primordial violence" observed in nature. This means that physical… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
3/6) Second, Clausewitz stated that war contains "the play of chance and probability" rewarding "creative spirits." This means that war is not just an indiscriminate physical power competition, but a probabilistic one – a.k.a. a lottery. Winning the power lottery is not merely… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
4/6) Third, Clausewitz acknowledged that war is an instrument of national policy used to resolve political disputes. In other words, war is a mechanism for nations to settle policy disputes using physical power (a.k.a. watts) rather than a court of law, because the former is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
5/6) Overall, Clausewitz's definition of war is noteworthy because it acknowledges how physical power competitions are completely unbiased, indiscriminate, and exogenous to people’s belief systems. Physical power competitions are blind, showing no favoritism or discernable… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
6/6) The author uses Clausewitz's definition of war to provide a framework for analyzing the potential national strategic security implications of proof-of-work technologies like Bitcoin as a “soft” form of war that uses electric power rather than kinetic a.co/d/g8uBCx4twitter.com/i/web/status/1…

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Jason Lowery

Jason Lowery Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @JasonPLowery

May 6, 2023
#Bitcoin is an urgent US national strategic priority. Here's a thread which explains my reasoning (this is a very short summary of my research as an active-duty officer & US National Defense Fellow).

One of my favorite quotes in military history is by General Ferdinand Foch, who… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Image
(2) But what if we are just as bad at seeing the bigger picture? What if there are new technologies around us today that we think about in the same vein? What if we are equally as guilty as General Foch was at failing to recognize how new technologies are about disrupt our… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Image
(3) The big idea that I explored in my research at MIT was that this new technology we call "Bitcoin" isn't just a coin at all. Instead of being just a new form of money or a new type of financial payment system – I believe that Bitcoin could more accurately be described as a new… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Image
Read 26 tweets
Feb 20, 2023
THESIS PUBLISHED!!!

Announcing the public debut of SOFTWAR, a theory presented to OPOTUS, OSECDEF, & the Joint Chiefs about the national strategic significance of #Bitcoin

🇺🇸 LET THE HASH WARS BEGIN 🇺🇸

High-quality physical copies available now:
amazon.com/dp/B0BW358F37
Read 4 tweets
Nov 26, 2022
You guys are conflating what the public did in support of Zimmerman & following the Zimmerman case, with what Zimmerman's Lead Defense ACTUALLY DID in court to get the US District of California drop all charges. What Dubois ACTUALLY did was...
NOT deny that PGP was a munition or that it violated the Arms Export Control Act. Instead, he went on the counteroffensive & questioned the constitutionality of a law that prohibits the public from using a non-lethal munition to secure them against their own government.
It wasn't until AFTER Dubois started sowing doubt in the 2nd amendment constitutionality of the Arms Export Control Act that the US Attorney General's Office backed off. The govt was like "oh shit" and dropped charges b/c they knew that was a huge risk.
Read 4 tweets
Nov 25, 2022
I reached out to Zimmerman's Lead Defense Lawyer, Phil Dubois today, to see if he would be willing to discuss how he used the 1st *AND* 2nd amendment to defeat the US Attorney General Office's attempt to claim that PGP should be export controlled under Arms Export Control Act...
What is so annoying to me is that ppl don't realize that Zimmerman had OVERWHELMING support *BECAUSE* the govt classified cryptography as arms. Debois did NOT win the PGP case by denying that PGP violated the Arms Export Control Act, he won the case by questioning...
the constitutionality of banning people access from NON-LETHAL ARMS via the Export Control Act by virtue of the 2nd amendment...
@denverbitcoin @WakeToBitcoin @Croesus_BTC
Read 4 tweets
Nov 24, 2022
If someone were willing to host me and @dergigi on a debate about my "softwar" framing of #Bitcoin, then I'd happily do it.
@dergigi My terms: I wanted it recorded, unedited, and no annoying mediator. Just let us talk like civil human beings.
@dergigi Can someone please tag @dergigi in this to make sure he sees the invitation to debate me. I'd like to have confirmation that he has seen it.
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(