(5/12)
(6/12)
(7/12)
(8/12)
(9/12)
(10/12)
(11/12)
(12/12)

Link to source: linkedin.com/posts/kasper-b…

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Erin Remblance

Erin Remblance Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @remblance_erin

Sep 9, 2023
Over the last week I've seen a LOT of footage of flooding around the world. I thought I'd put them here in one place 🧵

#floods #ClimateEmergency #degrowth

1. Greece (1/13)

Read 13 tweets
Aug 8, 2023
I recently prepared these slides for a presentation, and thought I'd share them here too, for anyone who is interested in the topic of #degrowth

(1/x) Image
(2/x) Image
(3/x) Image
Read 36 tweets
May 16, 2023
@timparrique received a standing ovation at the end of this presentation because it was AWESOME! You really have to watch it to see how good it was (beyond-growth-2023.eu/lecture/plenar…, starting at 9:40:50), but in the meantime, I’ll share my favourite lines below:
“Green Growth is a fairytale!”

“The best way to green growth is to take growth away.”

“Whatever technology we have, it is easier and faster to reduce ecological footprint in a situation where levels of production and consumption decrease.”
“It feels irresponsibly foolish to bet the survival of humanity on a highly improbable miracle predicted by the obscure models of a handful of economists.”

“[degrowth] is a macroeconomic diet for biophysically obese economies.”
Read 7 tweets
May 5, 2023
Some of my favourite threads and articles from the last week-ish, roughly in order of (1) problem -> (2) way forward -> (3) momentum:

(1) Problem: our growth-based economies are at the heart of our ecological crises

🧵 (1/16) Image
"The fact is that we cannot keep growing the same cancerous way ‘except solar’. It’s like saying I’m going to switch lung cancer for eye cancer. I mean, still cancer…. we’re getting a brutal lesson this century whether we want it or not."

(2/16)

indica.medium.com/why-solar-wont…
“…we must rapidly reduce consumption/destruction of natural resources and associated fossil fuel use. This is only achievable by reversing economic ‘growth’ …. This is not unrealistic or anti-capitalist — it’s counting.”

(3/16)

medium.com/@JacksonDamian…
Read 16 tweets
May 3, 2023
When it comes to choosing between achieving sustainability goals or pursuing growth, 99% (maybe more?) of the time companies will choose growth and expansion.

(1/9)

footwearnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/footwearne…

#degrowth
In this example Crocs can't achieve its initial sustainability goals because it acquired a brand and because of its "ongoing global expansion", even though they admit that their initial net-zero by 2030 goal was "neither vast nor fast enough".

(2/9)
To be clear, Crocs Inc had committed to a net-zero target and has a global head of sustainability, which is a "a newly created position at Crocs to help hit the ambitious goal of being net zero".

(3/9)
Read 9 tweets
Mar 31, 2023
Over the course of history, all new energy sources have been *incremental* to existing energy sources. This includes renewables - thus far they have not replaced fossil fuels, which continue to grow in usage. (1/7)
Our growth-based economic system means that we turn that new energy into more consumption rather than displace existing sources of energy. GDP and energy use are virtually correlated on a 1:1 ratio (2/7)
Thankfully we can live happy, healthy lives with less energy, this study shows that “decent standards of living could be provided to a growing global population for less than 40 per cent of the energy used around the world today.” (3/7)

euronews.com/green/2020/10/…
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(